Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Ahahahahah that's so typical.
    Not the fact that it comes later than expected, no, it's the fact that nobody tells you.
    You guys can't imagine how much Sony's advertising and releasedate strategies get on my nerves, no, you really can't.

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

this means I'm going to buy another game first, Burnout is getting a bit boring.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Nnnnnoooooooooo !!!!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Bummer! Summer is typically considered to start on June 21st.

Ugh. Well, I guess it's for the best, I mean, MGS4 comes out in about 2 weeks. But still, I want Wipeout and I want it now!

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

hmm. it's still May from the official sony uk site but who knows. Release dates, and the way they are always moving are just there to really frustrate the fans imo

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

You guys have no idea how pissed of I am about this
    I bought my ps3 back in december because at the time 31/12/07 was the published release date for WipEout HD on the AU playstation web site

It never came so i contacted sony and asked them where it way becasue they did not update the site.

date got changed to april - june

then in april the dat got change to 29/4/08 again it never came
    I contacted sony and asked they why and also asked the for compensation because i've now been with out the game I bought my $700 ps3 for 5 month now.

I think we should start a class action against sony and it's misleading infomation.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

Yeah but it's not like the ps3 has come down in price since December for us.

-----

I'm trying to plan my holidays from work around this release. My boss is getting a little frustrated with me saying "I need some time off soon, but I'm not sure exactly when".
    Last edited by Lance; 16th May 2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation eliminated. Two unanswered sequential posts by same author merged.

Welcome to the WipeoutZone, "Sugar".

Please read the guidelines before posting further.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yep. I might have even worse news: just talked to a source within Sony today, and he told me wipEout HD might not be out before September!!! He said he's not sure he's on the latest info, but the official date they are supposed to say if someone asks is September.

Please, someone from SL, get on here and ease our minds (and hearts) by denying this in favor of a more soon-ish date!

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

uff.Trying to pretend i didnt read that eLhabib.

nope, not working. Bugger.

Well as long as it's getting released 'when it's ready', rather than 'when some bloke working in publishing thinks its a good time' i dont think we can complain. Still if it is September then maybe a little closed beta to make sure the multiplayer is superawesome is in order?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Not only may Sony want to perfect the online gameplay, they may want to release Wipeout HD in the fall launch window, which always gets way more sales than summer releases.

Not sure if this holds for PSN downloadable games so well as optical media releases-- but in general it's absurd how much of a lift September/November/December releases get, and also the fraction of sales that occur during the first month of a release.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

September holy crap can I kill myself and re spawn then.

i'm already sick of waiting

well 1up says this

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=3161157
    Last edited by Assimilator; 17th May 2008 at 06:09 AM.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

WTF really? Maaan, sorry to break it to ya, but I'm not a big fan of Pulse... I only played some of it for like the first week... Pure was a hell lot better... that freaking sucks if that's true!! It's going to be so sick when it comes out though...
    Last edited by Chill; 17th May 2008 at 07:00 AM.

hello people,
    on its european official playstation site, the date always May a 2008 for wipeout hd...a French site is also the first to have obtained the exact official date of release of the title : May 29, 2008, therefore let published this date on the official sites is deliberately to mislead the consumer...

I don't know wipeout fusion on ps2, so while waiting, playing wipeout fusion on its ps3 does helping little for have patience and it's worth the sorrow?
    thanks (and sorry for my english)
    Last edited by loxy; 17th May 2008 at 07:05 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

Is there not laws about false advertising and publishing missleding infomation can we sue sony ???

Heh, seriously? Well, you could have had it in December, if you wanted to play something unfinished.

No-one's been misled. December was a serious date, but if problems come up, Sony can't just add a week on and release it then. There are release 'windows' to avoid other big launches and so on. I pity any publisher who tried to get a game noticed two or three weeks ago, for example.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

Mario kart did just fine against gta4 and being me I would have bought all three if WO had have come out.

WO is as just as big a title as they are IMHO.

The main problem is sony arn't marketing WO in the same way and that will have a negative effect on sales.

What are liverpool studios and sony so scared of ??

Spend some money on faster development and some TV add's, sell and pitch WO to the world!!! It's an awsom franchise. Why keep it a hidden secret.

OH and PS bring back the neGcon

PSN ID
    technicolour

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    Is there not laws about false advertising and publishing missleding infomation can we sue sony ???
    ...sue them for what? False advertising is when they sell you a product and it doesn't match the description. Release dates for games change all the time, I fail to see what the problem is, it's not broken promises, any kind of serious gamer should realise that release dates always change, and if you're not a serious gamer, why are you here whining about release dates? This is exactly what's wrong with society today, people thinking they can fix everything with lawsuits. It's a video game, I'm sure you'll live if you have to wait a few extra months.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

@ Fascia.

Your missing the point Sony lured me into buying my ps3 back in december by advertising december as a release for the only particular game I was interested for the system at the time. When it did not launch I felt left out in the dark with a system with no game that I wanted to play or buy. Lets face it, good ps3 titles have been hard to come by.

As for a lawsuit I dont think so it just my way of showing anger.

not a serious gamer?? well i've been play video games since I got my commodore 64 back in 1984 so......

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    Sony lured me into buying my ps3
    By advertising a range of upcoming games! The rascals.

Mario Kart vs GTA4 isn't exactly a good example, either.