Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Um... What's Playstation Day?

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

now would be a good time to release a demo of the game, if may 29/22th is the release date.

there's playstation day next week tuesday, to celebrate the ps store gets 2 updates : one tuesday and one thursday. The haze demo gets released on tuesday...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Day of announcements from Sony held in London. As far as I'm aware, unless the other devisions have seperate events for themselves I think any announcements made apply to SCEE territories only.

http://www.playstationday2008.co.uk/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    DJTECHNO

give it a couple more weeks...

the european lab testers...

are doing us a favor.

getting the bugs out the system, so the west can have no problem with HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

I dont think they should worry about bugs look at how much delay GTA4 got and they still released a bug filled game I can't play mine without turning off the PSN.

They should pump the title like GTA4 and have a propper rls date and flog it like it's the only game people should ever have

silent publishing is not a good marketting strategy for a popular title

PSN ID
    Axellink

Assimilator what PS3 modal do you have? Mine is working like a charm with PSN on. I have the new 40GB version

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

60GB apparently has lots of troubles, so that's one of the reasons I'm not getting GTA4 until these problems are reported as solved. The other reason is that I'm not a particular fan of crime games.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I have a US 60GB Ps3 and EU GTAIV without any problems, except with onlineservers, but everyone has that.

But this is a little offtopic. =P

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Assimilator what PS3 modal do you have? Mine is working like a charm with PSN on. I have the new 40GB version
    I have 40GB version as well, this issue is not 20/60gb SKU related as first thought.

sorry for the of topic

Back on the topic I want wipeout HD now

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I'm hoping that some news comes out of the Sony SCEE gamer day today. Lots of stuff is on display for the European media, and we're already getting stories about a bunch of other games, so hopefully more info about Wipeout will come out as well.

PSN ID
    Axellink

No sign of Wipeout on PS day? WTH? Hmmm I thought they would have done their best to try and promote the game at the event. Ah well.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hopefully it will not be delayed... We are all praying for end of may here Come on SL!

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Actually , I don't give a damn about knowing when the release date is early on or how long it is before it is released , as long as it is fully polished when it comes out which I'm sure it will be.. then woo

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I agree a polished game is better than a rushed one. At the same time, I am bummed that there was no updated news on this at the gamers day event yesterday. Even if it is being delayed, it would be nice for some new screens or gameplay footage, and a release window to look forward to.
    Last edited by Lance; 7th May 2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Quote removed. Read the guidelines, please.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

I guess the problem is that sony have been publishing release dates for this game for the last 10 months and have not benn able to stick to them. why Publish a release date if it's only a guess? It could be considered faulse advertising.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Assimilator View Post
    I dont think they should worry about bugs look at how much delay GTA4 got and they still released a bug filled game I can't play mine without turning off the PSN.
    A little bit off-topic, but this was just released a few hours ago and you'll definitely be interested:

PS3 GTA 4 Patch Issued

Looks like the Playstation 3 players are getting their fix before anyone else. A recent patch issued by Rockstar that, "prevents Gamespy's servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up."

So if you have the PS3 version and play multiplayer, this is good news. Rockstar also wanted to say:

"We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experience possible," Rockstar said in a statement today. "This update will ensure that everyone will experience Grand Theft Auto IV the way it was intended. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused."

I for one accept their apologies... do you?
    **EDIT** Back on topic, I can't wait for this game. The fact that they're most-likely polishing it up still doesn't make the wait any easier, however. Hopefully sooner rather than later....

Also, here's a nice video for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    Last edited by Crusader; 7th May 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

hello???

Studio Liverpool???

any news of a solid release date???

I''m craving some hyper neoness...!!! Argh!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

In my opinion, SL going even deeper below radar can mean only two things: A) release is closer than we think, or B) they are having major troubles and it will be further delayed...

so, I guess we know... erm... NOTHING!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I guess we won't know a thing until it's release...
    Can someone from SL at least reassure us and tell us that everything is going according to plans?

People are still talking about it, gawping at screenshots and downloading the videos.

Everything, therefore, is going to plan