Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

PSN ID
    Axellink

Thats a damn shame Chill. But thanks for the Vids though, they were brill. I'm sure we will be playing this game for years to come dude!

PSN ID
    flashbax1

Thanks Mr Berry thants the best news i've had all day...the closer it gets the more impatient i'm getting lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You're such a tease, Mr. Berry, and we even love you for it!

oh and @Lance

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Cheers Colin, Can't Wait!!!!!

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

for those who like CoLD SToRAGE, I asked him if he was still planing to send some unofficial HD songs. Here is his answer

"As for the HD songs – yes, that’s the plan. I’m hoping to release them around
    the same time as the game goes live."

I can't wait anymore!!! Becoming Insane!!!!

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

I was thinking that maybe the release would be tomorrow, purely as it would be just my luck as I'll be away travelling to Spa Francorchamps for the Belgian GP at the weekend. I suppose in hindsight that would be better than getting HD early anyway. But only just mind you!

Anyway, good news about the imminent release info. WOHD is EASILY my most anticipated game at the moment (even more than Gears of War 2, and that's really saying something!)

I just wonder how well HD has to do for there to be the chance of some additional DLC. I know it's a long shot, but I would LOVE to play 123 Klan in HD (having just started playing Pure right from the beginning again). I could list loads of other tracks I'd love to see make a HD return... *Sigh*

PSN ID
    Axellink

Yeah I feel you mate. I was hoping for the tracks to at least double in numbers. But realistically, it would probably be two tracks per a DLC release.

PSN ID
    flashbax1

If its as big as i hope its gonna be, they might do tracks to start with and if they sell well start with ships,music,and maybe diffrent designs only for DLC...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I wouldn't expect DLC to be more than 1 track (+reverse) at a time. In fact, I wouldn't expect any DLC at all As much as we love this game, I think the sales numbers Sony request for considering additional content are well beyond what HD is aiming to sell. But who knows, a game like Braid sold way better than anybody expected, so why not HD? We can only hope.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Why would HD aim to sell low? The internet buzz being generated suggests this could at least top a million downloads!

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    We are cumming [sp]?
    That made me LOL haha .

Thank you Colin Berry for letting us know such awesome news that it is almost here .

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

thanks colin on the heads up...

man...this sucks...i'm in the middle of my final year project and HD is due soon...looks like I can't play it as much as i would've liked to...not till november anyway...when everything is due...and i graduate (if everything works out fine)...

still...can't wait to witness 1080 at 60 though...that will be something special...

hello, do I have to understand that there are always some chances for September considering what Colin Berry said ? I hope... by pity, not November. ^^

thanks Colin.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ryuuku

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    Why would HD aim to sell low? The internet buzz being generated suggests this could at least top a million downloads!
    +1

6 loooooong years have passed since Wipeout fusion, the last one on a "home system", and one cannot say there are many "futuristic racing games" on PS3 !

Moreover, 1080P, 60 fps, split screen, online mode, trophies, excellent soundtrack etc ... It HAS to be a success

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    I didn't mean HD aims to sell low. What I meant is that a sales number that may be high for a wipEout game, still might not be high enough for Sony to justify continuing to work on DLC.

how far after an announcement do games become available normally on the psn?? id hate for HD to get released in october now (its already a massive month for potentially great ps3 games) or even slip into november, if the games done then get it up there for us to download

p.s has there been any news whether in game voice chat will be supported (ive been away and havent been keeping up with the latest HD news)

october isn't smart because Little Big Planet will be release this month. September is the best month ! i want ^_^ novembre not good too because MotorStorm 2 & Resistance 2. Questions ? sony please, put this game on ps store.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Looking at past PSN releases, it is very uncommon for a release date of a PSN game to be announced more than 2 weeks in advance. Pixeljunk Eden had a one week lead time from announcement to download. The last Guy that was released last week had a 2 week hype period followed by a 1 week of demo before release. Elefunk went from unknown to available for download in about 48 hours.

I think if they are going to post on the PS blog about a release date, given the history it would be sooner instead of later. Let's hope they continue this trend eh?

sounds good to me, so its official - sometime september
    Last edited by Lance; 3rd September 2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed. Read the posting guidelines, please.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

DON'T you jinx it