Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Well I can tell you that it'll be a Thursday - the PSN is updated on Thursdays.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Well I played Wipeout HD... their were only two booths for the game. and one had only the first two tracks unlocked, but the other had 4 so far... The reason I got their was to play Wipeout HD so I looked for that as soon as I got their... started playing those who were already playing and became the Wipeout HD ruler pretty much for that convention lol... Not many people wanted to play as much as they wanted to watch...

But I did record a few races of my own on Phantom... and blew up in the piranha in every last one of them lol... but I did play a non-recorded 4-race tournament with all first places in all races in phantom before that... I also tried racing Vineta K backwards once...

You'll notice that the camera-effect of this game does indeed effect your piloting skills very much, and takes some getting use to. This alone makes it feel like a new Wipeout you're not use to...

Haven't uploaded the vids yet... technical difficulties... will get back on it tomorrow... night!

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    nrXic

Quote Originally Posted by insertcoin View Post
    Well I can tell you that it'll be a Thursday - the PSN is updated on Thursdays.
    Stupid me...I totally forgot that! Thanks!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Chill, did you try the WO3 HUD?

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    You'll notice that the camera-effect of this game does indeed effect your piloting skills very much, and takes some getting use to. This alone makes it feel like a new Wipeout you're not use to..

no way to turn this off then...that's a real shame.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Chill, I a very jealous of you (1) living in western Washington state; and (2) getting to play Wipeout HD. You are a lucky dude

Quote Originally Posted by nrXic View Post
    If you were a betting man, when do you think WO:HD would be released?

Obviously on a Tuesday because most new games are released every Tuesday. Secondly, most likely in September here due to the recent news.

I'm asking because I'm heading an initiative on a multiconsole forum, where we have all resident electronic musicians creating an album SPECIFICALLY for Wipeout:HD. We've actually released 2 albums before, with general themes, but we're all excited for Wipeout (got a lot of us into this sort of music to begin with) and thought that this project would be perfect.

We started around a month ago thinking, "Yeah we got a lot of time, the game is probably delayed until December, we can even work on a couple of tracks" because the news reports all hinted at a 6 month delay into December. But because of this news everyone is scrambling to get their stuff done.

So I set a new timeline where we have to be done by the 23rd of September...what do you guys think?
    Hey nrXic, welcome to WOZ

The wait for Wipeout HD has had so many ups/downs and missed dates that many members here are loathe to even guess when it will finally show up at PSN. One of our members that went to LGC reported that Sony "implied" a September release but that may not happen for any number of reasons.

Does this perchance relate to the Neogaf G.A.M.E. project? A few of us lurk at Neogaf and started a threat about the project... I'll bump that, it's on the "Pilot's lounge" board here: http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/sho...4662#post94662

PSN ID

Quote Originally Posted by Sausehuhn View Post
    Chill, did you try the WO3 HUD?
    I didn't know their was a Wipeout 3 HUD, my bad!! Now I wish I looked in the options section a bit more...

I used in-cockpit view most of the time as that's what I usually use anyway...

The tracks do have th reverse option woohoo!!

I didn't try the sixaxis either, as I felt rushed cause their was people all over the place walking around asking "Is that Wipeout HD?" Over and over... It's like "Mabye I should just tape a peice of paper on my back saying "gamer playing Wipeout HD" haha...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

My WOHD shirts will arrive on Sept 8th, the day after my birthday. I'm really really really wishing for a Sept release on the game, that would be so perfect... My Bday, then my WOHD shirts, and then the game! SEPTEMBER! Please?

PSN ID

An automatic search of the vids on youtube.

I apologize for my friend consistently confusing the lap number with my placing in the race, and zooming in on it on the first lap thinking I'm in first place lol...

Again the racing sucked but I did a hell lot better earlier, mabye if I didn't take such a break then go back and film lol...

Timezone
    GMT -7
    PSN ID
    nrXic

Quote Originally Posted by Frances_Penfold View Post
    The wait for Wipeout HD has had so many ups/downs and missed dates that many members here are loathe to even guess when it will finally show up at PSN. One of our members that went to LGC reported that Sony "implied" a September release but that may not happen for any number of reasons.
    Thanks for the welcome and yes it is the G.A.M.E. project (I didn't mention it because I didn't want to be considered a spammer with my first post here heheh).

Thanks for the bump in that thread.

Like I said, it would be nice to have it ready by launch, and if the game doesn't come out in September, I think we can work with that, it will allow us to polish up the package (artwork, getting web hosts, etc.), and give some people time to finish a second or third track.

Well one thing is for sure, according to that posting by the SCEA producer, they'll announce a date "in the coming weeks", meaning that we should know the solid date fairly soon here. I only wanted to get a bit more of an idea because of the planning for our project and the phases it has to go through.

Thanks again!

Welcome, Anorexic. I may be skinnier than you. :\

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Establishing it's coming within the month or two, and that PSN gets updated on Thursday, here's the

LIST OF POSSIBLE DATES (omgz!)

9/4
    9/11
    9/18
    9/25
    10/2
    10/9
    10/16
    10/23
    10/30

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Welcome, Anorexic. I may be skinnier than you. :\
    Heh, I didn't even catch the phonetic implication of that name

Anyway, nrXic, the Wipeout Zone is a great place-- interesting posters, good mods, occasional visitations from Studio Liverpool folks, CoLD SToRAGE and stuff. Hope to see you around

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

First, welcome nrXic! The people around here rocks and I'm sure you'll appreciate them.

Back on topic, I think that if the game is scheduled in September, we should have a date this week. If we don't then it will be October IMO.

My PERSONNAL guess is 9/25.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

+1 to all of the above post!

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

my guess is 18/9! only because... that's the day that my holydays end and I restart working... XD life is cruel lol

PSN ID
    flashbax1

Ok were in sept now, i'v never looked forward to this time of year b4 until now..So i'm thinking if it gets to us by this thurs (fingers,toes,eyes crossed) is it a safe bet to say the PSN can deal with a large amount of people D/L WOHD? It would be just my luck to have it go down when all u guys have got it and posting times and how good the game is lol...But TBH i think were looking mid sept if its gonna happen..

Personnaly , I think sept 25th as last nearest date , after which I predict a release around Christmas because october/november unload many games also awaited (LittleBigPlanet, motorstorm 2 , bioshock, fallout3 , resistance 2 ,The last Remnant ...)

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    Establishing it's coming within the month or two, and that PSN gets updated on Thursday, here's the

LIST OF POSSIBLE DATES (omgz!)

9/4
    9/11
    9/18
    9/25
    10/2
    10/9
    10/16
    10/23
    10/30
    If it comes out on 9/11 its the exacted date one year ago i purchased my PS3 console. So its an absolute certain that Wipeout HD will be released on the PSN not on Blu-Ray.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

do u mean spet. 11th or 9th of november. if you mean sep 11, shame KIGO, shame, its pronounced 11/9