Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Quote Originally Posted by piper999 View Post
    I know the development is badly delayed and if I was working on it I wouldn't be fighting with my employer's customers on bulletin boards about it.

To each his own.

Firstly I'm not on the project full time anymore as the design work is complete

Secondly the development is not badly delayed, an issue arose that is being fixed

Thirdly I've been posting on here for ages, even when we were mastering Pure and Pulse, if you knew anything about software development you would know it is impractical to work every hour as work invariably suffers, and also even if I was at work now I would still get time to post given that as a designer I can not solve every issue.

Fourthly I'm not fighting with you at all merely pointing out how wrong you are, and if you want to imply that somehow means I am neglecting my job then it just further shows how little you know, and thankfully you are not working on it
    Last edited by Colin Berry; 17th July 2008 at 09:19 PM.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

P4WN3D!

(sorry I couldn't resist).

From the eurogamer's post it seemed the technical issue would cause a severe delay (something about no region being able to fix it), not being "badly delayed" does shine a glimmer of hope!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Here's hoping for a holiday release, because then I can have an excuse to buy a system with no backwards compatibility but enough power to move a moon.

And I will speculate no earlier.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Well said Colin. Looks guys we are all upset, but seriously. Its just a game lol. I'm glad they realised the mistake now before they released the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

at least this is some news...better then having HD stuck in limbo...

well...I can wait...with Calibur 4 around the corner, that is gonna kill (no pun intended) some time hanging out with Vader and the Calibur gang...

I think it's a good move SL is taking its time fixing any problems...that way, we will get one quality AAA title...I think most of the frustration from these forums have developed from the belief that the game is so nearly close to finish, yet there wasn't any news on where it was headed...

I think we would rather this happen than have the game released...and then people encounter bugs...and then these forums will turn into a war zone...eg Colin wtf...why is my ship flying backwards??? wtf why does the framerate drop to 10fps online??? wtf I can't make breakfast with my PS3...so yeah...

but now we know...and now we play the game of patience, mother of all virtues...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 17th July 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -8

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    Sorry but that is nonsense, certainly in regards Sony Liverpool

If you are a software developer then you will know that issues can come up in development that affect the schedule, even late in the day.

You will also know NDAs prevent the release of information to the public for obvious reasons so of course people are not going to give information out it would grossly unprofessional - it is hardly a case of not daring to say anything.

You can speculate all you like about development life within sony but the truth is you have no clue what is going on with the development of Wipeout HD
    Thanks for your candor and for the scraps of information that you CAN relate. It IS appreciated, greatly!

I am actually kinda glad that the delay is related to development and not a marketing thing as some have speculated here. Knowing that it is being worked on is enough for me...I can imagine the game getting better and better as each day goes by! I am hoping that whatever problems are there can be fixed quickly though, I have been anticipating this game for over a year now and I really really want my fix!

Thanks again for all the hard work guys!

I second those sentiments from Fiznu. And on the bonus side I will now have time to Rule the World in Everybody`s Golf and Ferrari Challenge (in my dreams anyway).

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    I think we would rather this happen than have the game released...and then people encounter bugs...and then these forums will turn into a war zone...eg Colin wtf...why is my ship flying backwards??? wtf why does the framerate drop to 10fps online??? wtf I can't make breakfast with my PS3...
    Speaking of which...

[/offtopic]

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

^^^

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha...touche

at the end of the day...we will be getting an absolutely wicked game...let's hope within this time...SL might decide to release it as a BD version with more tracks...(nudge, nudge, wink, wink)...and have some kind of cool case and cover art to boot so I can get 2 copies and save one as a little investment to remind me of the greatest game ever made...

keep up the excellent work SL...hope you guys sort out that problem soon...I'm sure you can do it...nothing a little red bull won't fix...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Red Bull is the energy drink of Wipeout old. We're all drinking Ignition and JAP Energy nowadays XD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

offtopic again...

the original thai red bull is super crazy the ones in those little brown glass bottles that look like cough medicine...might be just me but they were strong...

i was trudging along thailand with cases of the stuff loaded in my backpack cause my ex's dad had a manufacturing factory in thailand right next to the red bull factory and knew people who were friends of friends of friends...aaaaahahaha...good times...

don't think that have JAP or Ignition in australia...hmmm

anyway...*runs* before lance pulls me up on offtopic charges...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 18th July 2008 at 12:09 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It's not really off-topic, if you look at the Wipeout HD website they really are in-game brands! ^^ Well, they're not real and were purposely made for the game, obviously.

Timezone
    GMT -5

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=191929

Just thought I'd point this out, my friend sent me this link earlier today.

Whenever there is silence, people have a tendency to flare up.

The game will come, eventually. Until that happens, there is enough stuff to do out there to keep you busy.

Relax... things will happen.

edit: Realised this post is completely redundant :\. Slow me
    Last edited by mclarensmps; 18th July 2008 at 05:06 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

1UP: I was with 1UP Editorial Director Sam Kennedy at the Sony press conference, and he had one question after it ended: Where's Wipeout HD?

SR: I'm not sure I know how to answer that right now. There are still some decisions being made on that particular product for the U.S.

from 1up. =\

p.s. yes I know eurogamer posted more information, but I just am posting this to show the Sony Americas response.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    It's quite obvious! lol Just like BT..

It is infuriating, they had MGS4 clips at E3, why? It's out and old news, someone in charge at Sony is clearly a twat. Company knows nothing of PR...
    Wait, you work for BT? Me too. Big companies are shite.

I work on Major Programmes in leeds. You?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    dobyblue

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    Come on dude least be real, Microsoft has only been competing in Europe and America, and yet they still boast good numbers.

In Europe the tide maybe changing, but if the 360 bring the price drop over here again, then things may get interesting.
    Japan on average accounts for 8.4% of the PS3's sales and 3.1% of the 360's sales. The fact that MS doesn't compete in Japan has very little bearing on the overall numbers.

The numbers I was quoting are not units, they're revenue.

I wouldn't put much weight into what Sony says to the press. They don't want you to wait to buy a PS3. If they said "oh we'll probably move all the 40GB units at $299 when the 80GB comes out, then move the 80GB to $299, drop it to $249 for the last few weeks of Christmas shopping, then put it back to $299 again in the new year as the regular price" what would you do as a prospective console purchaser? I'd be waiting.

I expect both the PS3 and the Elite X360 to be $299 in January.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I expect WOHD to be release in January ^_~

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Or later.

Elefunk is cool though

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I read a few different articles about the "technical issue" w/ wipeout hd... I wonder what it could be?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

maybe it's the 'trying to squeeze it under 1gb trick'...to make it downloadable...

if not maybe there will be a bd release and that will take extra time to organise...