Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Yeah I agree, MGS4 does rock big time, very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    formulaic...(if that is a word)
    Yes, it's been an official standard usage for a long time.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

So...forgot where I read this, Fatal Inertia EX apparently arrives this week on the Aus PSN...does this mean WipEout HD might, (emphasis on might) be the week after??? (contemplates...)

Think I might give Fatal Ineria EX a go...apparently it's only $30 AUD...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

There is a demo(at least on the japan store, in english..), play it there first.

my guess, with relation to a release date is that sony will wait for metal gear to have it's moment in the spotlight, it's like gta iv and halo 3, anything released within a month/two months of those games is gonna struggle for sales, it's still mid june, people who get paid at the end of the month will probably pick up metal gear, so august/september seems likely for sony to put wipeout HD out there...been PSN download only means sales will be lower than a blu-ray release anyway, so they're gonna have to play it carefully and have a massive ad campaign for example....oh wait.

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

bought mgs4, wipeout will have to wait till I get through this one first. I can see the reasoning for not releasing it now, summer time is a low sale time anyway.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

It will be interesting to see, in general, how digital distribution may (or may not) change publishers' approach for release dates.

Yeah, normally no publisher would ever push a big mid-summer release, sales are too slow over the summer and most game sales accumulate pretty quickly after a game's release date.

But with digital distribution, you don't have to worry about projecting sales at retail, and in principle, folks can go online whenever to buy the game. I'm guessing that the release date is still a hugely important factor, though.

(Personally, I HATE the fact that gamers just don't go out and buy games whenever they are released, regardless of whether it is over the holidays or the summer. It makes for such clumped game releases in the fall and then in the spring :/)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

It may be nothing, but have you seen the list of games to be shown next month at E3?
    Here it is:

Sony Computer Entertainment:
    Killzone 2 (PS3)
    LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
    PixelJunk Eden (PS3)
    Resistance 2 (PS3)
    SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 [PSN] (PS3)
    SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)

(source: http://www.game-focus.com/?nav=new&nid=8512 )

No Wipe...
    Well, IMO, either it will be out before E3, either Sony doesn't want to show a finished game as they would have to explain why it's not available yet.
    What do you guys think 'bout it?

PS: MGS4 is a great game

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think someone at Sony doesn't give a **** about this game.

Timezone
    GMT -7

Quote Originally Posted by ColdRem'S View Post
    It may be nothing, but have you seen the list of games to be shown next month at E3?
    Here it is:

Sony Computer Entertainment:
    Killzone 2 (PS3)
    LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (PS3)
    PixelJunk Eden (PS3)
    Resistance 2 (PS3)
    SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 [PSN] (PS3)
    SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)
    I may be wrong but haven't ALL those games been delayed in the past? Sometimes several times?

Also, no Home - the uber-delayed PS3 title?

I don't see reasons for sony to communicate a hundredth time on this title (WOHD) at E3 , which everybody know the imminent arrival (imminent since end of 2007 ) on the psn (and this game is already appeared at numerous expo, almost final demo )... the E3 expo with rather vocation to introduce futures games in development (this of wipeout is certainly finished now) and especially some surprises, announcements and news (like a truth new wipeout ) ...

so if there any new elements to show about wipeout hd, I shall prefer not seeing about it at e3...
    Last edited by loxy; 18th June 2008 at 06:40 AM.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I have an idea, howabout we just stfu and wait for the game!! I mean holy ****, it's a freakin' video game!!! Be aware that all the amount of time waiting for the game is spent on making it better, so pleeeaaassee be patient, and donate your remaining money to starving children and quite boohooing all the damn time... play one of the earlier sequals to get your fill or something, jeeze...

wait for this game ?
    best thing which one have has make now would be more to forget it and no wait for it not precisely...
    and after some months (around chritmas...), when it will suddenly release , they will cry all " déjÃ** !"

*already
    Last edited by loxy; 18th June 2008 at 11:44 AM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    Be aware that all the amount of time waiting for the game is spent on making it better, so pleeeaaassee be patient,
    Be aware that the game is finished and is in no way being made any better than what it already is. If this is not the case which I doubt, someone please step in and correct me.

Colin said a few weeks ago that the game was already 99 percent done. That would seem to mean that no further development would be done, just minor things like touch-ups on graphics screens, or some such. Game release now would be dependent on the marketing department of Sony, not on SL. But in any case, all the moaning for it to be released is accomplishing nothing other than to vent frustration. I would think it would be better to eliminate frustration by thinking about something else. It'll be out when it's out. Enjoy doing other things; pay more attention to your girlfriend or boyfriend, set new record times, get better at playing guitar, invent a new way to make fuel, something, something.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Enjoy doing other things; pay more attention to your girlfriend or boyfriend, set new record times, get better at playing guitar, invent a new way to make fuel, something, something.
    Ok... but how much time left to think these other things ?

PSN ID
    o_fluff

I think OPEC have seen it as an alternative to fossil fuels, so bought it off Sony and locked it up untill the worlds oil resources dry out.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I would think it would be better to eliminate frustration by thinking about something else (...) Enjoy doing other things; (...) set new record times
    Note that i am not frustrated at all about HD's delay but i am pretty excited by those new records done in ntsc Pure with Goteki

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Colin said a few weeks ago that the game was already 99 percent done. That would seem to mean that no further development would be done, just minor things like touch-ups on graphics screens, or some such. Game release now would be dependent on the marketing department of Sony, not on SL. But in any case, all the moaning for it to be released is accomplishing nothing other than to vent frustration. I would think it would be better to eliminate frustration by thinking about something else. It'll be out when it's out. Enjoy doing other things; pay more attention to your girlfriend or boyfriend, set new record times, get better at playing guitar, invent a new way to make fuel, something, something.
    try to finish GTA IV and MGS 4 concurrently...impossible when I keep getting distracted by its online capabilities...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    try to finish GTA IV and MGS 4 concurrently...impossible when I keep getting distracted by its online capabilities...
    Haha same here, or at least with MGS4.
    I dont play GTAIV online and still havent completed the game. Maybe because its 15 frames per second? I dont know, but MGS4 and MGO > GTAIV so it will take some time before i finish GTAIV hehe.