Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

Game designers not only get bored with the old stuff; they're creative people who want to put their own stamp on the game.

Iv'e never really liked the motion blur/ stretch effects to make the speed look faster. I know when I activate a turbo in wipeout xl, it has an excellent speed affect, just by going much faster, and you can still see the nice graphics.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by ColdRem'S View Post
    Well, the game should be finished right now according to what Colin said last week. Just hope we'll have a date soon...It's beginning to get on my nerves...
    I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. The final 1% always takes the longest.

...don't hope for radical change compared to what you saw… because the coming out date and the end of the development can be independent one of other… this is Sony which will decide the release after end of dev…
    if they judges that commercially it is preferable to release it to Christmas, that will be the case even if the Devs. are on another project since July…Liverpool studio is the property of SCEE it isn't like an independent studio…
    but for a " remake" online, I find that the waiting is a few long...
    Last edited by loxy; 28th May 2008 at 08:02 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

They really should get rid of the boostpad visual effect. :<

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. The final 1% always takes the longest.
    Sorta like defragging a harddrive.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

exactly the long wait after the progress bar has already reached the right end!

Quote Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
    I hope that the release delay is due to some major changes to the gameplay.
    Oh boy. It really, really, REALLY doesn't work like that in game development, sorry.

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

I guess the chances of a May release have all but evaporated. Oh well.

If WOHD wasn't my most anticipated game for the PS3 I would probably not be so itching to get my hands on it. As it is though, the PS3 catalogue has almost universally disappointed. It's up to WOHD to put things right - and from what I've seen, it's more than up to the task!

Funny that after all the high profile BD releases that have been a huge let down (Heavenly Sword, Haze etc. etc. etc.), it's down to a PSN download to win the day (in my eyes). Still looking forward to MGS4 and Little Big Planet though...

At least I have my 360 in the meantime. Rock Band rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg View Post
    Oh boy. It really, really, REALLY doesn't work like that in game development, sorry.
    Really?

So why the total overhaul to the gameplay and visuals since E3? It was already perfect. I mean, it looked like...Wipeout! Even the downloadable video from the official WipeoutHD website shows signature Wipeout gameplay sequences. No in-yer-face HUDs blocking the horizon, no blurring effects and no nauseating speed boost jolts. The problem with these effects is that they contradict one another and it looks ugly. For a start, the blurring effect looks physically wrong for the external ship view - the focus is on the CENTRE of the screen, which would only be correct if you were in cockpit view mode. Coupled with the stretching HUD, it looks like you a flying into the track! And then this conflicts with the horrible yo-yo-ing speed boost effect. And how many times does this occur during a typical race? I cant believe SL think this is a step forward for Wipeout. I could get the same effect from my old CRT TV!!

For the love of god, give us hardcore wipers a classic Wipeout gameplay mode, please!

Quote Originally Posted by ben10 View Post
    So why the total overhaul to the gameplay and visuals since E3?
    The visuals are always evolving as new things go in, plus what you see at E3 isn't necessarily anything like what's being played that very same day in the studio. It's usually an older, more stable demo.

And there really hasn't been a radical overhaul in the gameplay. Tweaks to the balancing, handling, weapons, maybe. It's still WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I feel like many people are jumping to conclusions about the speed boost effect when they haven't even experienced it themselves yet. It may be a welcome addition if you hold your mind open to it.

In any event, from what I've seen in the game trailer that was posted to the PSN, it looks like a fairly sharp addition to the series. After recently completing GTA IV, they way the blur effect is used when you hit the top speeds in the faster cars is very well done in that game. You can still see what's coming, but it increases the sense of speed dramatically.

no communication of Sony since they informed of the release for the may 29… :-
    with the result that much of people wait WOHD for tomorrow...
    Last edited by loxy; 28th May 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -7

I'm looking forward to the new effects.

Wipeout in the 90's was a game that always impressed by having visuals at the cutting edge and moving forward they should load up every effect they can think of as far as I'm concerned.

I remember being in a game store just prior to the release of the PS1 looking up at a demo of the original Wipeout and immediately thinking "I'm buying this the day it comes out no question". Bring it on.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

The speed pad effect is just an annoyance, Christ it's bad enough to watch it on a video, I was hoping this would be the only minor poor thing I can criticize the game for, but theres one more, if that sound is the final sound effect a speed pad makes then it also sucks ass, Pure and Pulse both had much better SFX for the pads.

It's a shame that things get changed for the sheer sake of change.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Guys you just keep saying this speed boost effect sucks this, the speed boost effect blows that... Keep in mind it's a video, and that you are on the lookout for every single boost effect in that video. You're not focusing on the track, you're focusing on the speed boost effect! Which is not what you would do during gameplay. Try focusing on the track and imagine playing it (Who knows, grab your Sixaxis and do the turns if you must) and you'll immediately notice that the effect you seem to dislike so much is barely visible. Trust me, I have made that experience and I'm convinced it will work well for the game.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i for one love the "blur effect" and the boost pad sound...cmon guys, your really reaching for complaints huh?.i agree with dark, are you really going to look at/complain about that when your racing online in phantom on your favorite track with your friends?? no... its the new wipeout, and of course constructive criticism is welcome. but everyone here is just bashing it because of mundane details. they could have just left it at wipeout pulse, how would you like that?. lets be serious and maybe complain about the lack of split screen multiplayer...instead of little audio bytes in the game... back to topic....whenever it does come out, colin should be very proud and happy, like the rest of us!

PSN ID
    PHO-KU

i'm sooo hoping this is released tomorrow, we shall see though...

i think the trailer looks absolutely jaw-dropping and for one can't wait, but may have to lol.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I think the only futuristic racer we're getting tomorrow is Fatal Inertia EX:-

And that is not Wipeout HD. Just a subpar imitation.

Anyone want to start a betting pool on the WOHD release date? I call dibs on 6-27.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

As long as it is not within June, fine with me.

Watching the Hawk Swallows outside, dreaming a WipEout life.