Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Release date (merged)

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Great a world wide release, so what now we have to wait 3, 4 months till SCEA is ready to release? (Remember Pulse yes?) A European game with a release that is probably going to be dictated the by US arm of SCE, just great, it looks like that devision don't give a rats ass about the franchise already based on the way Pulse was released.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

Pulse was neither a world wide, nor was it a us - eu simultaneous relaese. Relax.
    Things get out of hand here with the high level of anticipation and frustration.
    It all sounds like mines-bomb-rockets-mines-mines-quake-bomb-quake to me atm.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

99% complete + 1% missing + testing phase + PEGI = end of May?

Nah. Don't think so. Of course I'll jump in circles if I'm wrong.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

Hum... simple question, isn't the "testing phase" before the game is finished???

Usually, there are around two or three weeks between the time the game is announced as "gold" and its release. I guess this time is to burn DVDs and make game's packages. But a PSN release doesn't need this additionnal time... Am I wrong?
    Last edited by ColdRem'S; 19th May 2008 at 07:31 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Good question! Should be, yeah.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

maybe the last 1% is the making of the demo

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

naah, it's pressing 'compile'

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Uploading it to the PSN

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Installing Arnaud's "Arsekicker v6" software so he can own all our faces again

We cant go banging on marketings door, they wouldnt want us telling them their job anymore than we would want them telling us ours

Afaik - No PSN games have had demos prior to release

If I could tell you a release date I would, until a release date is set properly there wont be much marketing or info push.

Me and Egg posting on here and Rob when he was still at Sony is strictly at our discretion, we are all under NDAs (none disclosure agreements) and everything we say we have to be careful about. We are not permitted to give out much info, strictly speaking we should not post on here but it is for the most part seen as a good fan relationship and nothing we say is of much relevance but we can not post up some things for various reasons, and we cant post everyday usually I post from home, because during the day at the moment, I am really busy and not just with wipeout related things

Handling wise and play wise
    Its not faster than pulse its the same, sometimes the speed sensation is greater sometimes less, honestly depends on the person playing
    The near camera is now NEAR, the ships look huge, the far camera is the old near cam, the old far cam has gone
    It feels a little floatier the handling was altered and is not identical to Pulse, its more between Pulse and Pure
    The game feels very responsive down to playing on a controller and being 60fps

The final testing phase of a game works like this - company submits for sony master approval what they think is final - if a fix is needed, it has to be fixed and put back through the entire cycle. Any game with multiplayer takes a lot longer as it requires far more testing in general and for approval during this time you can not make changes to the code without resubmitting for the enitre process

The game is almost finished, once it is ready and passed approval, marketing will decide when to release it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

fair enough Colin...thanks for the feedback...yours and Egg's presence on wipeoutzone are always appreciated...

plus...I still have to get through pulse anyway...so i think i can wait for HD just a little bit longer...must admit...for a PSN game...there is a lot of love for WipEout, from Studio Liverpool on the development side, and from the fans

I just hope Sony realises this and will continue to push this series as far as it can go, making evolutionary changes along the way...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Thanks for your great feedback and patience Colin! It is very appreciated

Hopefully all the bugs can be ironed out soon so we get to play it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Thank you Mr. Berry. I'll likely be late coming to the HD experience, but hopefully I'll be playing a quality game.

Thank you Collin, according to these informations we can deduce that we will not play wipeout hd for May 29 (next week,that appears difficult to me) since it is not finished (almost), add the time of the process of validation...
    patience...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

Thank you very much Colin for answering our questions and giving us some infos.

I didn't think about NDAs but that seems logical.

on the uk playstation web site , the release date move from may 2008 to "TBC" ...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

lol TBC now why was that not put there in the first place.

AU website still says 29/04/08 LOL even after ringing and emailing them several times

I have also submitted a complaint to the ACCC

Now my question to you colin and you proberbly not be able to answer it but if markteing are watting for gold to be approved before they decide when it's going to be released?

Why have several regions been publishing dates at all ?

Maybe end of may, maybe the end of june, depending on marketing spend/effort...?

Will admit I bought a PS3 on the basis of this game coming out, and perhaps think Sony aren't making as much of this release as they could. (Having said that, with Drake's and Tekken 5 and the unit's silence, the 360 hasn't had a look in!).

There is quite a lot of press though I guess, not as much as say, GTA IV, but enough gaming sites are talking about it to generate enthusiasm - the cheapest marketing of all!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

the best way to market Wipeout HD would be to put it up on plasma screens in trance/dance music playing night clubs

wipeout is not wipeout without the doof doof

I really am disgusted that it did not release at the end of May, envisaged at the end of 2007. For me there is nothing better than WipEout, I am a big fan since the very first one. But I understand that it is not you who choose the release date, if it's June ok, but later that would be terrible. thank you for the details.