Thread: Release date (merged)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk'n'Clue View Post
    Is your right forearm as big now too?
    Not as big as my will to play WOHD this summer

Otherwise,I hope you'll forgive my ignorance but what means HUD please. Thanks.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Head Up Display, basically the info stuff that you see when playing a game.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Thank you. So it calls another question (sorry): How do we know that HUD needed to be changed ?
    Last edited by Lance; 4th July 2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Redundant quote removed. Please read the guidelines.

On some of the preview vids, folk said they didn't like the HUD.

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    I guess the trophies were the original 1% they were waiting on, that wasn't in their hands, as Colin stated. And in the meanwhile they came up with something else...
    Last edited by Lance; 4th July 2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts by same person. Read the guidelines, please.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

A lot of people here disliked the HUD as shown in the preview build of the game. Check out the discussion thread here

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Greif

XMB implementation... ô_O
    I still can't see why anyone would go through a second rating instance.

Edit:
    Nah, nah, I got it:
    HOME implementation

(100% pure satire)
    Last edited by Ota; 4th July 2008 at 04:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It will never come out if it waits for Home! ^^
    The XMB is already available to those who have the firmware 2.40. But it doesn't do much apart from being there...
    Custom music is already confirmed, since WO HD is coming out after firmware 2.40 custom music should be available via the XMB in-game.
    Trophies? Maybe. Depending on number of Golds, times, kills, etc, that could be fun.
    HUD? Well this is the one thing we complained about over here, so it's very probable that it has finally changed (Who knows? ^^)
    Handling, well we didn't play the game so no complaints about that. Maybe it was changed, but we wouldn't know about it so we wouldn't notice it...

Anyways thanks for the update Colin! I'm still waiting

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

Default Why it's taking so long for release.

Well here is my 2cents worth.

Look at the whole release by Download only........

What are the problems with this?

1]Those who want the game but don't have internet assess.:-
    2]Those that do want the game....but are on Dial up.:-
    3]Those that want the game,have download speed,but have glitches whilst downloading...corrupt game [It happens,don't pretend it doesn't]
    4]Anybody that tells me that this game [running at TRUE 1080p] is going to be a 1 GB download is kidding themselves.

I think a re think on how this game is going to be made available to the "Great Unwashed"=[That being you and I] has been under review for at least the last few months.

Don't be surprised if this game ends up on a Blueray disc...Not a bad thing IMHO.

i'm sure it was explained yesterday that it had been delayed due to 'some' extra work been done to the game. i think it'll still be a download only game. as to what the extra stuff is, is anyone's guess. most guess' seem aimed at the HUD, which to be fair is one of the things i think needs looking at.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

In all honesty.
    I think an solely adjustment in the HUD of the game would not explain the differential of release dates to the extreme that have progressed.

Metal Gear Solid 4 has not been the Killer game in JP that SONY hoped.

All "NOW' hopes are centered on a XMAS blitz with WIPEOUT HD.

Self explanatory.

MGS did not have the impact it should of because of one very vain reason.
    The JP WANT the very best [Highest Tec] a game can give.
    MGS was made to be reproduced at 720p.....that might not mean much to you or I.,but it does to the TEC HEAD JP people that buy games ....720p is OLD HAT...it has to be 1080p........Live in Japan for a while and know what commence.
    Last edited by blackwiggle; 5th July 2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Why MGS did not sell in JP

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

This is utter and complete bullsh*t. If you read around these boards, you will find information right out of Colin Berry's mouth (lead designer), stating that the game is indeed below 1 gig. Furthermore, I'm afraid, while wipEout may be a big deal to all of us here, it sure isn't for Sony. Maybe SCEE cares enough to even advertise it, but the rest of the world just doesn't care for this franchise. so forget the whole bluray speculation.
    I really don't think those changes have anything to do with the HUD either, that's an artistic choice, and even though I would love to see it changed, it'S THEIR work, and they would be stupid to listen to every nagging fanboy.
    Pretty sure these last changes have to do with nothing else but the very gameplay itself, maybe also some online tweaking. After all, a smooth gameplay is all that counts.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Can we expect a release date before september ?...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

You mean can we expect a release date being announced before September, or the actual game being released before September?
    My money is on mid-August. I'm sure they want to have it ready and playable at the Games Convention, since it's the biggest european event.

Default Mod Post

Note to 'blackwiggle' and others posting in the thread he started: This is already being discussed in the Release Date thread; we do not need yet another thread for this. I am merging it with the ^Release date^ thread.

edit: threads are now merged. New posts, numbers 488-491, plus this notification post [494] are blended in from the thread started elsewhere

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I guess we don't live in the same world because from what I've heard Metal Gear Solid has sold like crazy everywhere...

And it was explained about two days ago why WipEout HD isn't released yet. Shouldn't be hard to find the answer, it's the only thread with 30,000+ views on this forum.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Ok, I go back to "Stardust HD"...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

And how good is Super Stardust HD...one of my favourites of all time... On a side note...I can't wait for Capcom's re-release of 1942...

In the meantime...I'm just chugging along playing Pure, Pulse, the original WipEout and lord forbid...even Fusion...

Looks like my predicted 50,000 views before HD release might be true...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 5th July 2008 at 08:45 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Furthermore, I'm afraid, while wipEout may be a big deal to all of us here, it sure isn't for Sony.
    Yes, but, a wipeout hd banner has been on the threespeech blog for almost as long as I can remember. That's a pretty big vote of confidence.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Quote Originally Posted by blackwiggle View Post
    MGS did not have the impact it should of because of one very vain reason.
    The JP WANT the very best [Highest Tec] a game can give.
    MGS was made to be reproduced at 720p.....that might not mean much to you or I.,but it does to the TEC HEAD JP people that buy games ....720p is OLD HAT...it has to be 1080p........Live in Japan for a while and know what commence.
    Really? It sold 1.3 million day one in the US and has shipped over 3 million copied so far. Guess that is a pretty poor show.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/884/884552p1.html

MGS4 is quite simply the best looking game released on any console this year IMO and 720p/1080p makes very little difference unless you have a 50" plazma or a projector setup.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

While I agree that MGS4 is one of the best looking games ever, I have to very clearly state that there is a WORLD of difference between 720p and 1080p. even if you're playing on a 20" screen you will notice the difference instantly.