Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweetest press kit ever!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

I know a guy here who used to write for a multi-platform magazine...but now he only writes for the Australian XBOX magazine...hmmm...wonder if he knows people, who know people, who killed people, who know people with the press kit...*ponders*

Timezone
    GMT -5

Quote Originally Posted by Chill View Post
    ... doesn't make any sense to me that they would produce this then just not release it...
    I wouldn't be surprised if the "oversize flash disk" is in fact a dongle/decoder keyed to the disk (to discourage piracy). While it may be feasible to create a 100 or so of these for promotional purposes, mass-production would be too expensive. Further security features may require an on-line connection for the dongle/decoder to work - that connection in turn could be used to "expire" (i.e. erase) the dongle for whatever reason. So in the end those press kit disks may all end up as fancy (collectible) coasters ...

However all of this is pure conjecture at this point but given corporations' concern about digital rights management, who knows? Why would the press kit include both a flash disk AND a DVD when in fact Wipeout HD could easily be stored on a single-layer DVD-5 (4.7 GB) OR even that 2 GB flash disk that I picked up on sale for $6.99 a few weeks ago? Then again that "oversize flash disk" could simply be not-so-portable, yet collectible swag.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

If you look closely, the DVD reads 'Review Code', and the USB card reads 'Assets' (that's usually info text about features, screenshots, logos etc.).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Then I would like to see that content on the flash card

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Lots of sweet EPS files probably, as it was with the Pulse press kit

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Funny how the press, who probably couldn't give 2 sh*ts about Wipeout get this, and we, the 'FANS' can only look enviously at these pics.

Sometimes life is just weird!

Still, I'd be up for one if it ever appears on eBay. Have a feeling I should start saving now...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Looks gorgeous, sexy, desirable and other words that i can't translate in english !!

My friend Anthony got contact with a friend of him who is working on multimedia events ( of course including video games), he offered 2 Pulse press kit to Anthony, i hope he can have the same for HD : fingers crossed !

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

That is much more than cool

It would be nice to know what's the purpose of that card near the disc ....

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I hate to say this (and I love it at the same time ), buuuut...
    I just got the presskit!
    You can all relax, the game on the disk only works with the debug PS3, and I don't have it here right now - it's at the office. Means I will be providing the hungry with new, self-made screenshots in the next few days.
    The USB card, as I expected, contains Info text, the (old) trailer, some screens, all team logos as .eps, and, strangely enough, all the skin textures of the ships (will show, later). I will do my best to document the whole thing in photos for those drooling already, tomorrow.

}kidnaps eLhabib, and impersonates him{

PSN ID
    Axellink

Uh is it illegal to share the stuff from the usb key?

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

can you upload the eps files to rapdishare or similar, would love to make my own wallpaper

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

Cool, eLhabib! Will be awesome to see!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    netsan

Would love to have the logos and the textures !
    Please share !!

PS : Do you plan to sell it ?

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

You lucky blighter, you!

I second (third? Fourth? Fifth?) the request for the stuff on the USB key! That would be awe-frickin'-some! Nice hi res logos would be VERY handy for my 3D project.

Speaking of which, if you feel the urge to get some nice, hi res screens, I'd appreciate it if you could get a few of the AG-Sys for reference for my 3D proj. That's if you're not too busy earning trophies and getting lap records...

Again - you're a lucky git...

Martin, you`re a lucky guy, enjoy!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I will NOT be earning any trophies, because the debug PS3 belongs to the office, and I can't use my personal account on that, so I will have to re-do everything come 25th anyway...

About the stuff on the usb card: I will try and find out if I am even allowed to share this (some of you might remember I f*cked up a year or so ago with wanting to share Pulse press stuff, so I am very cautious not to piss anyone off this time around ), maybe put it in the download section of wipEoutzone - for now I can only promise self-made screenshots though.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    The USB card, as I expected, contains Info text, the (old) trailer, some screens, all team logos as .eps, and, strangely enough, all the skin textures of the ships (will show, later). I will do my best to document the whole thing in photos for those drooling already, tomorrow.
    Great, many thanks !

Speaking of skin textures one thing comes to mind, and if i remember well i did not read anything about it before.

Will there be in Whipout HD the possibility to create our skins ? And if yes, will they be visible to opponents in online racing ?

PSN ID
    Axellink

There are no skin editor in WOHD mate. It will be way to complex. Expect this feature for the full game i'm sure.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

It's a little pity

But will live happily without this feature, im sure
    Last edited by Task; 17th September 2008 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Unnecessary Quotation Eliminated