Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD gameplay vids

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Default Wipeout HD gameplay vids

IGN - Funny how the say "High speed combat" when playing in venom class.

CVG

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Love the doppler effect on 'High Speed Combat' (the bomb being passed). Like that the flaming effect upon being hit with a weapon now comes from the engine, not the cockpit. Makes more sense!

Zone mode actually seems better with more subtle equalizer effects. One thing that I think is a little annoying is the 'energy is VERY low alarm' - it's very piercing to the ears and could be annoying if one manages to survive zone on low shield. It's not faded out like it is on the Chenghou Project video from CVG. :S

Loving the new start sequence too (may prove odd to long time fans though).
    Last edited by rdmx; 13th September 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=197064

I'm sorry but I don't like the audio tracks. I think they're not made for this game. Give us harddance/trance/techno...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Also love the effect when you fly through a ship's trail.
    The new start sequence has a more realistic feel to it, definitely. I like it very much.
    Zone mode looks better than before, in my opinion. Also love the effect here when the ship is hidding the wall.

I agree about the low energy alarm being to irritating.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=197064

I'm sorry but I don't like the audio tracks. I think they're not made for this game. Give us harddance/trance/techno...

You can use Custom Tracks with the game.

PSN ID
    remenant

New start sequence has passed my expectations. Was worried when I saw them using the pulse font in a few of the previous video's, no more 3-2-1 will make a nice change.

Also the new zone effects don't seem that different, it still mixes in the EQ effects, you just don't see them through all the different speed classes.
    All in all, bring on the release date

PSN ID
    Axellink

I was about to mention the start sequence as well, fantastic!!!!!! I love the way BR's now drain your shields a lot! BR users are going to die a lot online lol.

EDIT: Also the speed class announcer sounds so cool lol. I'm really going to enjoy this game. I'm praying that they think about adding more tracks to the game.
    Last edited by Axel; 13th September 2008 at 02:12 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Suppose you all didn't notice the Triakis holding onto the plasma (about 42 seconds in) on the video titled "Coasting on Anulpha Pass." By appearances, it seems we're able to charge the shot and release it when we please.

- F

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

No that is leech beam.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

[that's not a plasma bolt, it's a leech beam.] Yeah, that.
    Last edited by eLhabib; 13th September 2008 at 03:42 PM. Reason: argh, beat me to it ;)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Interesting. So the beam charge has gone from being a simple cloud of energy to being an outright ball. Curious.

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Thanks Nadia for the video links. Zone still looks very cool! But I have to agree with the alarm bells that keep on ringing so loud, even the music and sfx are being toned down, all you hear is: BING, BING, BING.

Furthermore the game looks amazing and floathy, every track a different atmosphere. Superb! Checking the PSN right now, you never know

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Wow, wow, wow...and...o...did I mention...WOW!!!

Definitely GOTY for me...my criteria is not based on how good the graphics are...how many units this will push in sales...or how old the pedigree of the series is...

I'm basing this on how well-rounded the package is...and I have to admit...kudos to Studio Liverpool on ushering WipEout into the 21st century with pure un-adulterated style... I'll have to give a huge pat on teh back to whomever was in charge of sound effects cause they are frikkin sweet...graphics...full of muscle...1080 at 60 and with such detail and love going into the models...holy epilectic seizures batman...this is one slick package...especially for a PSN release at such a low price point...

A little bit disappointed with the toning down of Zone...but it's understood...if it had to do with the epileptic seizures issue...still looks very nice though...

This shows that the wait was worth it...and that patience is the ultimate virtue...I probably can't swear here but this is one f$%king sweet game...

Game being good and all...this could have been advertised so well...there are so many unique selling points about this game...it's a shame to see Sony having not done much in that department

On that note...I believe it's up to us wipers to spread the word about this game to all the PS3 owners that we know...that way...we are sure to get some DLC loving...

Thank you SL for...(to me anyway)...the best game ever made...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 14th September 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

I love the new countdown, the really cool sound effects, and the new effects on the track in zone mode. I think its even better than before.

I'll be buying this the day it comes out!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

during some phases of the zone mode effect the equalizer is still VERY visible... the only thing i miss is the old white sweep.... the new white sweep doesnt "glow" its just a band of white that passes over everything... before it was the same band with an incredible glowing effect that projected volumetric light outwards... oh well.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Quote Originally Posted by agent orange View Post
    On that note...I believe it's up to us wipers to spread the word about this game to all the PS3 owners that we know...that way...we are sure to get some DLC loving...
    I've already convinced 3 of my friends. I've even lend my PSP to them so they could stand a chance when HD is out.

And I also like better zone mode now, less is more.

PSN ID
    Judus

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/w...t-hd-interview

Don't know if you guys already saw this interview with Daimion Pinnock (producer at SCEA). Appologies if this the wrong thread for this.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Very nice interview. Good to know that PA (Pilot Assist) will help to bring new people into the game. I guess it's time to expect a rush of whole new fans onto the forums!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Talking

Don't know if these have been posted yet, four vids:
    http://www.guycocker.com/2008/09/15/...d-impressions/

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Proof that the guy doesn't have a clue about what he says when he gives WOHD a 7.5: one of these vids show Goteki on Ubermall, but the title is 'Wipeout HD Goteki 45 on Metropia Circuit'
    Doesn't even know what track he's on, and we're supposed to trust him with an informative review? :-
    I guess the only thing we owe him really is filming plenty of stuff, but that's it.