Thread: Wipeout HD multiplayer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

Default Wipeout HD multiplayer

So what's the state of wipeout hd multiplayer these days. Last year, the infosheet was claiming that there was to be a team vs team mode, with 2 players per team. I haven't heard anything since.

I'd love to see some in game (or even web based) community features, like clan creation etc. The only mention of specific multiplayer modes on the HD website are speed lap, which sounds pretty cool, but what else is there?

We took the game through campaign, race box (single race), and online modes, the latter being devoid of any noticeable lag, even with competitors slamming into (or being obliterated around) us. We found that holding L1 opens the voice chat channel in online races, although we were sadly sans headsets.
    Voice chat confirmed!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

HELL YES! Thank you Fiddlesworth for that find! Wipeout HD is completely a sell.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Brilliant! Now when someone sticks a missile up my jacksie on the last corner, I can ACTUALLY tell you all what a shower of bastards you are

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

couldnt decide if my question was worth a new thread, decided no in the end as its about multiplayer play

what is situation for hosts cancelling races? This is the one thing that stopped me playing GT5p online, people quitting after a lap because they werent winning and causing race to end for everyone

If for some reason you have to have this, can we have an option to turn it on or off please? I realise this depends a little on the network setup and as such may not be possible. but its a really bad "feature" in other games..

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

Quote Originally Posted by rushin View Post
    what is situation for hosts cancelling races? This is the one thing that stopped me playing GT5p online, people quitting after a lap because they werent winning and causing race to end for everyone
    I was playing gt5p yesterday for the first time since I bought the game. It seems you can't just quit online games anymore.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Brilliant! Now when someone sticks a missile up my jacksie on the last corner, I can ACTUALLY tell you all what a shower of bastards you are
    Sing it in the style of Bruce Dickinson and I'll crown you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Does anybody know something about ad-hoc play in Wipeout HD? Is it possible for the PS3 to communicate with other PS3s without an internet connection?

Would be great to see more than 20 PS3s together at the E.W.C. 2009.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Lol. This will be great. I can hear the french curse. You would of heard alot of swearing online just a lil earlier then when i was rammed off in Platnium Rush.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

I was waiting for this.... I'm sure that on Wipeout we'll be hearing some of the most un-acceptable language ever spoke in any game, as it is one of the most challenging games made... Oooh I hope you all don't hate me if I get off hand... hahaha like I'll be the only one...

And on to original topic, will 2 player team base be available?? I have a friend who I was hoping to play with!!!
    Last edited by Chill; 17th September 2008 at 03:58 AM.