Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout HD multiplayer

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

That's because nobody has a Covenant language keyboard...

PSN ID
    Axellink

hahahahaha nice one

Well as with all games there should be a way to turn off open chat support. I would have thought that feature would be available.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Well you havn't tried Halo 3 online then - some of the stuff said there isn't even writeable
    No did not. Never liked it. All my "mic experiences" online have always been while playing with people i know, so the level of conversations was quite normal.

I'm using mic sometimes with metal gear online with strangers and i have to say that the situation is generally acceptable.

From what i hear reading in various places the situation seems worse on XBL than PSN ... maybe it's oly a matter of statistics ? ( more mics on XBL than PSN )

-----

Quote Originally Posted by sumimasen View Post
    that's because nobody has a covenant language keyboard...

lol !!
    Last edited by Lance; 18th September 2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts by same poster. Read the rules.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

So it appears each ship now has its own distinctive sound signature; I didn't hear enough in the various videos I've seen to tell most of the ships apart, but the Triakis, Qirex and Feisar seem to have a very specific sound now.

If I heard correctly, the Triakis has a low, constant droning sound happening, sort of a muted version of what it would sound like to have a leech beem primed. The Qirex has a high-pitched jet sound like an idling F-16 sampled into its signature. The Feisar flies with the uneven sound of an oversized blow torch, a flamethrower more accurately.

If this is the case, yay for the break from uniformity. I've been saying for ages that every team's ship should have it's own sonic personality that sets it apart from the others. I want the added benefit of knowing if I'm being tailed by a Triakis, Qirex or Ag-sys without having to look back. I want that kind of visceral sounding feeling of a race that I got when I saw the pod race from Episode 1 in theaters.

Perhaps eLhabib or the others can confirm.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 19th September 2008 at 05:12 PM.

Distinctive sounds for each craft would be incredible! I wonder what sound an AG Systems makes...... I think it might be "BOOM"!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

LOL!
    Jack, you might be right there, but I haven't really noticed yet (I always fly Assegai! ). But I did notice, once, when I tried Piranha, that it sounded quite beefy, like a flamethrower.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

Okay, there's definitely some personality to each of these things. I just heard the Ag-sys -- sounds like an electric shaver. You can hear it start to approach at 4 seconds in in the link below. You can also hear it at the 35 second mark onward as the Triakis approaches it. It's loudest at 38 and 39 seconds into the video.

If you also listen closely, you can hear the low droning hum of the Triakis. Tough since it's the ship being played, but you can hear it quite well just as it crosses the finish line and the video cuts off.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/83899..._Vineta_k.html

I can't imagine how sonically hardcore it'll be when there's eight of us pushing these ships to full tilt on Phantom.

- F
    Last edited by Flashback Jack; 20th September 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Cool! I would never have noticed the sound differences from the vids but it does seem to be the case.

I really like the "ambient" sounds in Wipeout so will be excited to "hear" the multiplayer game-- wish I had some better speakers (and a HD TV) to enjoy the game with, though!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

The barrel roll sounds for each ship are distinctive too, but they all share a common theme -- instead of the brief alien-like screeching sound in Pure and Pulse, there's a quick whirring of gears and hydraulics during the barrel roll. This vid shows the Assegai doing it at the 36 second mark.

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/83899..._032808_6.html

- F

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    Okay, there's definitely some personality to each of these things. I just heard the Ag-sys -- sounds like an electric shaver. You can hear it start to approach at 4 seconds in in the link below. You can also hear it at the 35 second mark onward as the Triakis approaches it. It's loudest at 38 and 39 seconds into the video.

If you also listen closely, you can hear the low droning hum of the Triakis. Tough since it's the ship being played, but you can hear it quite well just as it crosses the finish line and the video cuts off.
    - F
    AG-SYS sounds like an electric shaver Flash because it is a rice burner from Japan, thats probably running a high inertia forced induced engine by Nissan.

While at Triakis HQ in Adelaide there probably running a tunned variant of the LS7 engine. Hear the sound of that 375kW 7.0 Liter OHV V8....vroom! Smart editing there SL Have a ship that each sounds different, biased from there country of origin

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback Jack View Post
    Instead of the brief alien-like screeching sound in Pure and Pulse, there's a quick whirring of gears and hydraulics during the barrel roll.http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/83899..._032808_6.html

- F
    Umm... actually it was the sound of the turbo that made that alien-like screeching noise bro... the actual barrel roll just sounded like a quick gust-of-wind...

Yeah I noticed these distinct sounds as well awhile back... I wonder what the Icaras will be like...

Dunno what it will be in HD, but it shOUld [for my taste] be nearly silent, with a quiet whooosh that is here and gone quickly like the racecraft itself.