Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How will Sony attract/gain new buyers interested in HD?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Default How will Sony attract/gain new buyers interested in HD?

This is a bit off topic, but how will SL and Sony attract/gain new buyers interested in this product? What are there plans of international advertisment on this product?

This product has 100% certainty that it will be only released on the Playstation Store Network.. Yes? The only advertisement campain currently for Wipeout HD has only been a few official trailers and some articles on commonly used gaming websites. Which have only gained the attention of hardcore enthusiasts at this rate. Will there be advertisments on TV adverts or on posters inside gaming stores before its release date to attract newer consumers, what are SL and Sony's plans to attact more possible buyers? It would be great to see Wipeout HD a huge success internationally, something like ten fold of the success stories of the handheld varients of the Wipeout games.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

There will be some ads on the Store thanks to the new look, on PS3 and on PC. That is certain (There is that kind of image for every game, even PS1 releases sometimes). However I don't know for anything else.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Personally, I'd die for some well designed billboard ads - just don't think it's gonna happen. I barely see any game ad billboards anymore these days...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Sony has gotta get SOME sort of TV ad on. They need to raise a little hype otherwise the only people who will know it's out are the people who check game websites and the PSN constantly.

I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Pulse. Or have they?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by insertcoin View Post
    Sony has gotta get SOME sort of TV ad on. They need to raise a little hype otherwise the only people who will know it's out are the people who check game websites and the PSN constantly.

I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Pulse. Or have they?
    That exactly what i was thinking about. There needs to be a much bigger hype on the promotion of this title, even promoting the game during the Red Bull Air race around the world on huge posters (maybe that extremme) but it could become a serious major seller that way. GobalGatheringl is coming down to Perth soon, some Wipeout promotions on poster with some of the best House, Electro, Dance, Trance artist that are involved in the game like 'Kraftwerk' will be peforming during that event. Damn what a good way to get the game promoted. Wipeout HD would become Platnium by years end!

PSN ID
    Axellink

Guys the way the game is being distrbuted is the problem. You can't apply normal marketing tactics for a downloadable game. The best way to advertise the game would be through the Internet since the people who are more likely to be able to get hold of the game are those with Internet connections.

But thats the hard part, the Internet is so vast and big on the choices of which sites to advertise yur game. I'm sure Sony Marketing department has already looked into the matter. I would be suprised to see the game advertised on the streets and TV TBH.

If they do advertise the game on the TV, have a feeling it would be about the PSN network on a whole. The advert show casing multiple games currently available on the PSN network.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I don't think there is that much to be concerned with really. Pixeljunk Eden did just fine as a downloadable title and it wasn't ever even advertised really. Just announced and put up for sale.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Consider the budget behind an 'ordinary' PSN title like Pixel Junk Eden, and then consider the budget behind wipEout HD.
    Would be interesting to know what kind of advertising Warhawk had. Anyone know?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

A TV ad at the very least:
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8Ft6C4VuY

PSN ID
    flashbax1

So whos up for making the TV AD??

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

best way to promote this : a music video

PSN ID
    flashbax1

Any of u guys artists??? Get some wheat pasting out there, not that i'm encouraging it but it would be cool to see them popping up on the news and in the press, best kinda of publisity...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Wheat pasting?

PSN ID
    flashbax1

They use posters lots of them stuck up in public places. Its not allowed in most countrys its a form of graffiti...

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

The best way to commercialize the game is to just show it... Just use a trailer as a commercial.

The acting portion of games usually are just a waste of time (unless it's really funny, but that commercial wasn't)...

They did a commercial for Wipeout XL, but I never saw it on TV... if your going to do a commercial, it NEEDS to be on TV!!

I think they already did a Wipeout HD commercial once, or it was Pulse? I remember some kind of Wipeout commercial about a year back showing up in a dayroom...

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Consider the budget behind an 'ordinary' PSN title like Pixel Junk Eden, and then consider the budget behind wipEout HD.
    Would be interesting to know what kind of advertising Warhawk had. Anyone know?
    Warhawk was a release title, so I imagine Sony paid for a lot of the PR.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Ryuuku

I hope they will do as much viral marketing as they can since they've got quite a fanbase on this franchise.

It's not on the same scale for sure, but viral marketing around The Dark Knight was amazing for example.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

It appears that we have to promote the game ourselves. I will distribute home-made flyers eventually around me lol

lol

And I will talk it up to every gamer I know who owns a PS3 and then... uh... wait a minute, the only gamer I know has an X-box 360 and uh.. I don't own a PS3 either. So... uh... nevermind.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Detergents!