Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Controlling HD...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

I'm doing the same here. I'm not afraid of the learning curve and ready to invest time in this control method.
    Last edited by Task; 22nd September 2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quotation eliminated

PSN ID
    Axellink

I'll prob use the motion control for pitch. But apart from that, it's analogue all the way.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I am going to try out first person view with full motion control. I think I will suck so bad, being a D-pad man with close view guy.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You and close-view? And you call yourself an AG-Pilot? You, Sir, are on the right way if you chose internal view for your next WipEout experiences.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Uhm, I use close-view as well
    what? I want to see my ship, it's beautiful, y'know?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

Well, to be honest, I do the same.
    But that's just for WO1 - WO3, because of the swinging rear. That's gone since WOF, so I see no need in this view anymore.

Internal view is the only true way to the full experience of high speed

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Flashback_Jack

I usually play internal view for racers, but for Wipeout Pure/Pulse it's far view for me; I'd rather not spit up my insides from vertigo, thanks.

- F

how many camera views are in HD? just interior and exterior, or do you have close exterior and far exterior as well?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

won't mind a new cockpit view...much like Wip3out...but with the HUD actually on the dash...and functioning too...not just a decal...

Or the HUD could even be displayed/projected onto the front wind screen...much like the intro to 2097 but in real-time...yeah!!!

am I asking for too much Mr. Egg, Mr. Berry and the SL gang???
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 22nd September 2008 at 10:17 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

W3O's cockpit was just the nose-cam with a bunch of clutter on the bottom of the screen, really - that's why it was short-lived, a cockpit cam would have to be really, really intuitive and I doubt that the nature of the game would allow for it.

Besides, nothing's going to get most Wipeout players out of external cam. That's like telling someone to drive down freeways with their feet on the steering wheel.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

With the TV WipEout's...I don't mind the internal view actually...as long as the fps is rock solid...otherwise I get a little nauseated...feel I can judge cornering a lit better internally...taking turns a lot more tighter and closer to the barrier...

For the PSP however, I've had to play externally...I don't know why I can't play it internally, could be the size of the screen maybe??? Don't know...hmmm...could also be the analogue nub...which is quite twitchy...if only we could plug in the SIXAXIS into the PSP...is that even possible???
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 22nd September 2008 at 10:28 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Slamming into a wall in WO1 at speed causes that annoying barrel rolling (the irony!) which causes me to hit walls even further afterwards. Since WO1 is my most practiced game, I've grown to dislike the nose cam.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Amon69it

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Uhm, I use close-view as well
    what? I want to see my ship, it's beautiful, y'know?
    ditto, close up for me too in all wipeouts.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    how many camera views are in HD? just interior and exterior, or do you have close exterior and far exterior as well?
    There is nosecam, close and far.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

I've tried to learn to use the internal view for Wipeout Pure / Pulse and sometimes get into it-- I can definitely appreciate the sense of speed it provides as well as the unobstructed view of what is in front of one's ship

Thing is, the barrel rolls really mess me up when playing internal view. I actually kinda *like* barrel rolls in Wipeout but when playing with internal view? Oiy. It's too disorienting for me personally. So I expect I will be playing WOHD with a close view.

Beyond that, I'm not sure how I will be playing WOHD, and am sorta looking forward to trying different options. In general I prefer d-pad control to analog for *most* racers but am certainly game for trying the analog stick or motion controls. Use of motion controls for pitch control would seem like a no-brainer.

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Always been an interior player... I'll try exterior only if I wanna check out my craft, but that's the only reason... I've played interior forever, most likely because I looked up to my dad as a kid, and he played the first Wipeout interior, which I didn't like until I decided my dad was really cool... hahaha... Then got into it... Love the feeling of being the pilot.

P.S. I don't really like the motion effective camera, but I could get use to it later... the only thing is that I might not be able to go back to other Wipeouts and play them as well, you know?
    Last edited by Chill; 23rd September 2008 at 05:37 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Internal all the way baby for me

I shall test motion sensor to have a funny feeling with friends at home this weekend, but i think i am gonna use the pitch with motion and Dpad or analog ( analog will be better due to his implementation into the controller : about pulse i had so many cramps with the nub but here with the DS3 the nubs are perfectly located and no more cramps )

PSN ID
    psp/ps3 ID : cnmth

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    I am going to try out first person view with full motion control. I think I will suck so bad, being a D-pad man with close view guy.
    Gonna try the same
    I think it will be a big learning curve but once you get used 2 it,
    it will be more precise then the d-pad (If it works good, motion steering for burnout and motorstorm were quite sucky ;0) but we'll see that in 2 days.

Internal view will also be a pain in the ass @ start if your not used 2 it (external view guy).

If this all fails i will try the analog b4 the d-pad cause the analog is better on the ps3 controller then the psp.
    And ofc. my old external view.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Usually I play with external. But in the first WO I use internal view because the ship seems to have a smaller hitbox or something. external = more collisions

Will give both a try in HD and see what I like the most. =P

PSN ID
    Axellink

External for me baby! For some reason I just love seeing the whole craft. If the cockpit biew was properly detailed, then my preference might change. Untill then, external far for me baby.