Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Controlling HD...

PSN ID
    chboing

hi there, i just re-read this conversation, and have a question for you.

I use analog steering & pitching, but i have the feeling it does react like this: http://chboing.free.fr/question.PNG

am i wrong ? is it like 100% left & 100% pitch down in the last case ?
    if i am right, do you have a setting advice to change this ? (i have the basics setting, never changed anything)

this is typically the position of my analog pad in the f***g left turn in chenghou project, you know this bouncing one, before the tunnel & open section

Default Mod note.

The above post reminds me that the odd thing about the recent application of the language filter to posting is that more people now type in the letter sequence f,u,c,k+ing than ever did before. The word [approximation> f,u,c,k+ing used to appear only rarely here in any form, so when it did, it tended to actually mean something. A curious result of the change.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

... *sighs*

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    A curious result of the change.
    Why does it ****ing matter?

On topic: Well, I wouldn't know about your problem chboing (nice username by the way), because I use sensors to pitch and D-Pad to fly But in other games I have noticed the same effect as you describe, and as far as I know that's how the gamepad is made so there is no real thing to change that.

PS: Lance, you don't need to answer I'm just teasing you xD Hopefully you don't take it wrong...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Well it matters to me, because it takes a lot more to swear if the words are actually spelled out on screen, it just gets a lot more meaning behind it than 4 asteriks. Now, everyone is saying it without actually saying it, and everybody is throwing it around, because hey, he's not being rude anyway, right? Another perfect example of how censorship makes the world a lesser place...

...and don't worry, I got the irony in your comment

I do not like teasing; I regard it as a form of sadism, however disguised; but there are levels and levels.

-------

There is a sort of dishonesty to communications done under censorship; I think people should say what they mean and take any consequences. However, rather than just venting emotion, I always prefer that people clearly articulate exactly what any problem is, so that it may best be solved. It's my engineer mentality that makes me think that way, I suppose. I dislike innuendo and hinting. They're even worse in online text than they are in actual face-to-face verbal expression.

--------

But I seem to be taking the thread away from its topic. Naughty naughty moderator.

--------

I would really be in favour of a motion sensing controller, held in both hands for a racing game, if only it had almost no "deadspace" in the center position so that it would react instantly to movement. I see no reason why that couldn't be implemented, nor why it should not be adjustable to the user's preferences. Is the the six-axis motion adjustable at all in HD?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yeah I agree, I was just using the word for the sake of using it, nothing else. I usually don't swear (Except with some games... ).

You can adjust Motion Sensor sensitivity in HD so it reacts more quickly to movements, however there is a certain ''lag'' between the moment you move the controller and it reacts on the screen. You could try and get used to that, but I know I wasn't able to. That's why I've set it to pitch only, since I never pitch ''halfway up'' or ''halfway down'', I've put it to 100% and with just a small re-orientation of the controller I got to full pitch.

PSN ID
    chboing

I do not like teasing;
    i love it

There is a sort of dishonesty to communications done under censorship; I think people should say what they mean and take any consequences.
    i think people should think about consequences before saying/doing things ...

----
    too bad if it's really like you say Darkdrium, i guess it's logical, but i cant figure myself going back to the d-pad
    we need a square analog pad !!

Elhabib, you don't have any opinion on the subject ? i saw that you were a user of the analog stik too ?

Consider the consequences of teasing me. Then consider them carefully. Then don't do it.

-----------

Xavier, so it's a data transmission lag? grrrrr The response to control inputs should be instant; I would have thought that the lightspeed transmission by infra-red would be quick enough. And so should direct electrical connection. I wonder where the lag originates.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I think the lag doesn't stem from the data transfer controller to console, it is caused by the actual sensor that measures the angle of the controller. I don't know exactly how it works, but the controller has to be in a different position for more than a couple of miliseconds for the sensor to 'notice'. Try rolling the controller all the way in one direction and then back to the initial position real quick. If you do it fast enough, nothing at all will happen in game. That should not be this way

And no, I haven't noticed the issues chboing mentioned. Even with pitch all the way up or down (motion controlled), my craft still turns full force left or right (analog controlled) - at least it seems that way. Some turns, like the Chenghou hairpin, simply can't be negotiated at phantom speed simply by turning into them. You need some heavy airbraking and sideshifting for that.

PSN ID
    chboing

oh i see, since your using motion control for the pitch you shouldnt have this problem, if it's a real problem and not just my imagination