Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: online eliminator "vista pads"

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Default online eliminator "vista pads"

Did some eliminator events today and had loads of "vista pads"...

Mostly flash speed, some rapier, both old and new tracks. Seemed to be the same pads each lap, and for some events it was as much as 4 or 5 pads! Hit them dead on, hear that lovely weapon sound, and... nothing. Sometimes alone, sometimes with someone else nearby.

Anyone else having the same? It was allright yesterday (only noticed it once then, figured it was just a little hiccup). I don't think I was alone as I noticed many people with very very low scores, and mostly leaving games quickly.
    Last edited by okam; 27th July 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

i havent experienced any vista pads in online eliminator mode, but i usually one race at phantom speed, but what i did experience instead was 2 game freezes on two separate occasions.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    okam--

Haven't seen a single phantom speed eliminator being hosted so far, I think. Mostly just flash and the occasional venom or rapier. I've had these issues at all those 3 speeds /shrug.

Not had a single freeze apart from once when I went into the menu to hit "restart race" at the exact moment that the race finished (I thought there was 1 more lap and I was way behind).

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

First ever eliminator session i hosted was rapier speed, it was only a half size room, and the room consisted of me (australia), aka (japan), designer_79 (china), and a random. Everybody was relatively on the same timezone, so im not sure that could of been a contribution factor why those races where good.

Then earlier today i host phantom eliminator sessions, they where good, no vista pads there, bastard game did freeze at the end of The Amphisuem though.

I honestly ive never experienced vista pads before online at all on eliminator mode, and my next connection is utter bullshit.

Before 2.00, it was horrible then, there where races where i received zero response from all weapon pads, in an entire race, it was as bad as using windows vista itself, i wanted to break the controller a million times, and then stab multiple times the person responsible for screwing up my net data contract.

Anyway, how many people so far have experienced Vista Pads in eliminator mode?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I did for one race last night, but I'd assume that was just a laggy connection. There was a visible delay in weapon fire and effects on other craft.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I may have had vista pads due to my upload bandwidth being used at the time.

I'll try it again soon, see if it still does it.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Maybe try not downloading or uploading at the same time as being online ay there Cowboy, ever thought of that? When i go online, ive got all computers off, and complete dedication of the bandwidth going through the PS3. If you have a huge file downloading of bloody course there is going to be in game lag, cause your bandwidth is being choked.

Try doing an online eliminator session right now with no other downloads or uploads going, see what you get, k.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Honestly, as someone who's been into online racing in various PC sims over the years, I've learned that you want absolutely nothing that can possibly interupt the data stream to be happening "behind the scenes." I don't even have A/V software installed on my PC. On the PS3, I don't want messages being recieved, files downloading, anything that could possibly stop the games zeros and ones from getting where they need to go. In fact, I won't even take advantage of the facility to play custom soundtracks while I'm gaming. I just don't trust the player playing in the BG to not interfere with the smooth operation of the game. I'll just stick to the defualt soundtrack thanks...

PSN ID
    Assegai82

The background music is read off the hard drive in the same manner as custom soundtracks, it may be the case that it's less hard on resources due to it being stereo versus 5.1. If the soundtrack is uncompressed and custom is mp3 it may be even less of a drain.

PSN ID
    bik3rluke

It happened a LOT when we were playing online the other night, but I haven't tried since.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    The background music is read off the hard drive in the same manner as custom soundtracks, it may be the case that it's less hard on resources due to it being stereo versus 5.1. If the soundtrack is uncompressed and custom is mp3 it may be even less of a drain.
    yeah I understand that and yet I still would rather not play around with it. The way I figure, they are testing the game using the defualt soundtrack so thats the way I'll run it...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

OMG vista pads on eliminator

i hear the bip, but no weapon

getting 2 or 3 weapons only on Amphiseum, while hitting all the pads...

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Crob told me there was 7 in a round on Flash speed, isnt good.

Im still yet to encounter any yet. Maybe i have, im not sure, im just way to consternating on my opponents activity in eliminator, its immensely fast game play, especially at Phantom speed.

PSN ID
    krioto

Happened in 5 games straight last night - every second pad in Eliminator was a vista.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

What speed where you racing at?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Spece2goin

can't find a phantom eliminator game, so i played rapier...

PSN ID
    Crobweb

I spoke to the guys on the team - how quickly it can be addressed I'm not sure.

PSN ID
    krioto

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO View Post
    What speed where you racing at?
    Rapier on Moa Therma

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    keade

This seems to say the problem have been fixed, but I've been having at least 4 of these on one online race this afternoon (Eliminator Ubermall Rapier I believe).
    That's a bit frustrating each time it happens...
    I'm playing using a wired connection and it is most stable.

Are you still experiencing it too ?
    Last edited by Kaede; 18th September 2009 at 09:18 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

"This" is me relaying information from Paul Tweedle over there. It's the information currently available, but apparently was not accurate for the Vista Pad problem.