Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Price.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Post Wipeout HD Price.

Does someone out there maybe Colin Berry or someone from Sony can tell us what the retail price for Wipeout HD on the PSN is?

$49.95
    $59.95
    $69.95
    $79.95

? ? ? ?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Just from an educated guessing method...

(NOTE: this is all using USD)

PSN games run about $29.99. But only HD has a platinum trophy, reserved for retail games that go for no lower than $40. However, Burnout Paradise will also make its way to PSN for $29.99 - I don't know if it supports trophies of any kind though.

Realistically, for the United States it will be in the $30-40 range. No lower than 30, no higher than 40 even with a Platinum Trophy.

As for other regions, just convert that price to whatever PSN games, GT5P, etc. run in your country.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Nadia_Elenova

Maybe a silly question but, what's that "platinum trophy" thing?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I have no clue.

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

it would be really silly to jack up the price because of a trophy.

Nadia, I believe a platinum trophy is what you`re awarded when you get all of the trophies in a game. Not all games get Platinum trophies - only big important games

And only the most recent or patched games have trophies in them anyway.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

So price conversion from USD to AUD, it could be something like $49.95 or $59.95. Since the Aus dollar is something like 90 US cents. I dont think the trophy suppport addition would do anything to adjust the price.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Most discussions I have seen on the 'web from people savvy to PSN pricing schemes and the whole "trophy" thing speculate that this will be a $40 USD release.

Key word here is "speculate" but that does seems about right to me. I'm sure Sony is right now running out the different price-point scenarios and guestimating what each would mean in terms of sales number vs. revenue per sale-- not to mention establishing a broader user base to whom Sony can potentially sell DLC-- and bragging rights in terms of online purchases for one of their long-held franchises.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

I'd around there...only cause there will dlc later on...which will increase the price value of the game even more...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

There won't be any DLC later on. Work may start on some if people want it, but it's not part of the plan for now.

Timezone
    GMT -5

What I gathered was that if it would have come out in say... July 2008, with only 8 tracks and 4 cars.. etc... it would have been a $29.99 US PSN title. However, since Sony wanted them to put the 8 reverse tracks, 2 extra HUD's and 4 extra ships into the original release instead of offering them later on as a $20 US DLC [as SL themselves said that they were planning on], then I can fully see it being a $49.99 release at this point. Sony knows how many Wipeout fanatics they have salivating at the mouth over this title. Hell, they have been cock-teasing us with videos, screenshots, and bogus release dates for the past year and a half. Regardless, even if it was $59.99, I would begrudginly pay it after realizing that I throw away a lot more money that that on retarted things that don't even give me a tenth of the joy some 1080p wipeout goodness will [i.e.: dates with boring women lolz].

I don't see why the few implemented additions (reverses tracks represent any additional real work in term of graphics resources [contrary to HUD] ) would justify a rise of 20 $ (that would make expensive the 3 months of development…) and why not a release for Christmas with one additional bonus track and some musics for a 69$ price as long we are there…
    Colin told us ANY date of release had been planned until now , consequently we should not regard these additions as supplements, the game has evolved, for the quality of gaming experience, but it was for sure a need...

so 49$ means 49 euro for us european, and it's definitively too expensive in regard to what will be the true new opus ps3 of wipeout
    I hope the price will remain at 29$ such it was awaited, the game will be that more attractive
    Last edited by loxy; 27th August 2008 at 11:39 AM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Default the right price

well i think there's no need to argue, anything that we could say would be pure speculation, except the clue given by GT5 prologue's pricing.

So maybe we can just give in this thread our expectations about what would be the good price.

Personaly, I expect 29€ (I'm in France).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

i think $29 american is fair probably, although less would be great, and more would be robbery since sony knows theres no way in hell im not going to buy it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

For the good of the game, I'm hoping it hits at $30 USD.

I say that because at $40, you are approaching full retail game price, and today's mass market consumer probably won't be $40 for software that does not come with physical media.

They will garner more sales in the long run if it hits at $30, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will come in at $40. Meaning the hardcores will buy it, and it will be mostly ignored by the mass consumer crowd.

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

wow games are cheap in america a full price game here is £45/$90...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

the average gamer who hasnt played wipeout before might not feel secure dropping even 30 bucks on wipeout... i think to really appeal to the masses it needs to be $20 USD. The cost of entry on this title needs to be low so that the game can expand its fan base quickly... and then the game needs to have pay to download expansion content that will keep the hardcore fans satiated and provide extra revenue for the devs. I really think that would be the wisest path for everyone.
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 27th August 2008 at 02:07 PM.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by loxy View Post
    and why not a release for Christmas
    Sorry what? Why the hell would anyone want to wait till Christmas???? If it's ready to be released in September, I don't see your logic no one wants to wait that long.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I'm hoping for 29€ and guessing at 39€. Don´t know what would be best in the long run for "Sony".

I think you can forget 19€?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Sorry what? Why the hell would anyone want to wait till Christmas???? If it's ready to be released in September, I don't see your logic no one wants to wait that long.
    no Rapier...it was ironic (sorry for my english, but you separated this sentence of its context) ... just for say I would not agree a rise of the price proportionnaly of time of developpment if the "additional" content is not more significant in answer to turbotortuga who is ready to pay 20 $ for 4 cars and a mirror mode...

now… the game can be ready but Sony can decide to release it in October for a reason or another ,according to the calendar of the others games for example...(what I do not wish)
    Last edited by loxy; 28th August 2008 at 04:31 PM.