Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: no one loves mirage?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

Default no one loves mirage?

it is true? no one seems to love the little green bugsy, i've noticed that seems there is little love for mirage teams around forums and between wipeout fans
    it even don't have a team allegiance on wipeout-game.com WHY? there isn't any...i'm pretty shocked
    what's so wrong with the green bug?
    i've to admit myself too first times i've seen the design i was pretty esitant and little conviced about it, it was ugly, it seems out of place in some ways, it was too...too bug-like and gimmicky, but after a while it start to grown on me now i think in some ways it has pretty ingenious and bright design, i think it don't like at start 'cause the innovative and very distant from the classic one hull or twin hulls designs we get used to, to be more precisely i think better that it isn't out of place in space it is out of place in time, seems that it is too futuristic and modern design even for the year 2206 of wipeout hd,
    its like today to see some concept cars around

in conclusion ,sincerelly i'm pretty worried about the future of the team, i have fear if it do not received enough apprecciations it will dissapear

the next major candidates to enter the wipeout oblivion shall be mirage and harimau, i've fear

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Stat wise it is the definition of balanced in this game (not that it matters much). At first I hated it aswell, and I still think that the defult green skin makes the craft as ugly as they get. The two other skins are much nicer, and overall I think this craft is nice (I do get to meet atleast one player during online).

I think that it comes down to this: New players choose crafts by stats, and when they get better they choose something that they like to see on screen. I think SL need to make some adjustments to the whole stats department in this game.

This craft is as good as them all though.

PSN ID
    chboing

i like it, it's actually part of my 3 top team along with AG System and Icaras
    and for tournament, i often choose this one.

At first i hated it, ugly, been pissed at his pilot during my attempts to get elite campaign too
    but now it's ok, like the way you feel "on track" in this ship. As if you were on a tramway track.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    crawdad62

For the longest time I couldn't get through Sebenco Climb without the Mirage. Strange looking ship but I've got a warm spot for it.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

plus it's great for photo ops, i've got a few that show some action going on looking through the gigantic hole of a banking mirage
    i would post them but im computer illiterate (and too lazy if your thinking of explaining it to me )

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Ithron

I've quite grown to dislike Mirage. It's not that there's anything wrong with it per se. For me it just seemed that Mirage was always the team that rammed/shot/bombed/etc me in the last corner on the lap of almost every elite campaign race That might have been just because of it's distinctive looks though.

I haven't really raced that much with it. The few times I have tried it, it has seemed too wobbly for me I think.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    b4p-

don't talk trash. mirage rocks. in your face. so's your face. word to your mother. it's a man's world.

Yew'd best be winkin' when yew say that, podnuh. I'm a callin' you out; meet me in front of Jenkins' Saloon at noon. And be ready to draw that sixgun faster 'n yew ever did befoah.

Timezone
    GMT + 11
    PSN ID
    djKyoto

I don't use cause, simply cause it may not bad at anything (weak strats), it's just not good at anything either.

AG-Systems for life yo.

I love Mirage - its the only ship I play with online

I think Asa has a few top phantom SL times using mirage - so the stats cant be that bad

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'd definitely use Mirage more if it didn't have such a wide rear! Handling is ace though.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

My brother likes using it, but he doesn't really play on it.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I don't use it. Don't like the way it looks at all. Also when I'm racing offline at Phantom Elite, 90% of the time when a CPU ship is destroyed its Mirage, I never understood why maybe its just always in the wrong places at the wrong times.

Sometime I feel bad destroying it lol
    Last edited by Rapier Racer; 9th December 2008 at 07:03 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    knaeg

Used it when the elite difficutly medals appeared following the launch of the 1.20 patch, in order to unlock all skins (same reason why I started using Goteki 45).

I think it's a great ship, with very accurate handling, even though in some occasions its wide ass may unexpectedly bump into side walls .

And the second skin (the green/white one) is sweet!

I can't stand Mirage. I don't know why, it just doesn't fit for me. I think its the name as much as anything; all the other teams have such futuristic and unique names, like EG-X, Feisar, Piranha, (we all know the names!), but Mirage, just sounds so half-assed and un-futuristic. Like calling a new ship "SuperSpeed" or something. Bleh.

That, and it's ugly as sin. I wouldn't mind if this ship were to be never seen in Wipeout again.

I think it's a good ship. to much handling can be a pain when you play for the 1st time in days & shield is very important all the time. All the other ships have a hole in their stats somewhere & its looks good in the blue and silver aswell.
    I can't help but think players might think i pick mirage because of the irish flag next to my name. WELL its not. Green country's mean more rain!!!
    Rain Anybody!! WE have lots...........

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Ooooh, my baby. I love Mirage, got the platinum trophy with it and use it almost exclusively to this day. It's essentially an Assegai with slightly more weight and a bit less handling. For me it's perfect as the Assegai seems to really bite into corners and I like the smoothness of the handling in this craft.

And yes, it's ugly, but when you play using nose cam, all the ships look the same while racing

I genuinely think it looks really cool. But then I like those round televisions that they had in the 70s: http://www.antiqueradio.org/jvc01.htm

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i dont like the way it looks, feels sluggish to me as well, that could be my inner feisar pilot speaking though.

Timezone
    GMT + 2

Disregard avatar, AG SYS is my fav. Mirage is 2nd, not sure why, got Wipeout Disciple with it... too... first response to this thread in... 8... months... nvm