Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Omg finally what weve been waiting for!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Default Omg finally what weve been waiting for!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...-details-here/

WIPEOUT HD IS FINALLY COMING OUT! No solid date but my guess is the first week of Sept. Yay my birthday is sept 7th, perfect timing!

Here's the text from the article:

"Legendary WipEout franchise coming to PSN with WipEout HD - Details here
    + Posted by Daimion Pinnock // Producer, SCEA

Hello, Readers. Daimion here and I’m excited today to release some details on WipEout HD, coming to PLAYSTATION Network this fall. We’ve been mum on WipEout HD recently – keeping many of you in serious suspense, I know - but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been cranking away at bringing you an awesome anti-gravity racing game in 1080p HD!

WipEout HD will feature a selection of the best tracks taken from previous versions of this iconic franchise that have been reworked to show-off the graphical capabilities of PS3. But don’t take my word for it, if you want to see how good WipEout HD in 1080p and at 60 frames-per-second, check out the video below:

WipEout HD will give you the chance to take on the greatest anti-grav racers in the world with plenty of online racing modes and even offline too, with HD’s two-player split-screen mode. Up to 8 racers can battle online in a range of online races. And with Trophy Support (whuuuuuut, Trophy support, you say?!?), which I know everyone is really excited about, this is definitely your chance to grab bragging rights online. More to come on Trophies soon, don’t you worry….

And for an additional challenge in WipEout HD, you can opt to use the SIXAXIS motion controls to steer their ship while blasting away opponents with the full arsenal of weapons. With lots of teams/ships to choose from, plenty of on and offline racing modes, crazy-fast HD racing and a remixed Dolby 5.1 surround sound soundtrack, your adrenaline will be pumping in no time. Trust me. And even though we think you’ll love the soundtrack, but in case you love your own music collection more, you can create a custom playlist on the PS3 XMB and listen to it while you race. Niiiiiiiice, right?!

For more game info check out www.WipEoutHD.com. We’ll be back with more on WipEout HD in the coming weeks, including the details on trophies, price, and release date - see keep your eyes peeled for more here on the PS Blog!"

WOOT - I told you guys the PS blog would respond to us! And from SCEA no less! Take that, nay-sayers!
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 20th August 2008 at 11:48 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Default heart attack !

I bet a free DL of HD for releasing it september 11th...

that's just a free guess of mine.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Dammit!! About time really!!! I so badly can't wait lol

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Awesome GC trailer is awesome. And did I see custom skins - I think I did! ^_^

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

Mag-strips on Chenghou...

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Most likely for the huge drop and the little "staircase" section, although it's quite a lazy patch-work if you ask me.

But that's why I don't work at Studio Liverpool.

Smart Systems is a killer track, I'm glad they've included it in all the 5.1 Digital glory.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 20th August 2008 at 10:59 PM.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

well done getting in both horizontal and vertical split screen! thanks studio liverpool!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    darkfaerytales

WOW!!! hariMAUUU! you can see the 4 add ships in full health, harimau with pure and pulse skins , auricom with a red skin too, mirage and icaras( with a weird skin too i think )

very good

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    BARTgai

YEAH!,

So happy about the two player split-screen. The cool effect at the start where you boost off looks so cool, I hope thats what it looks like ingame. Nice to see harimau and auricom again as well as icaras and mirage. At 0:45 it looked like the ships had eliminator skins, I really hope this mode is in the game, and online .

Very kickass, but is there any better quality of the video? The one on that site kinda runs at a weird frame rate and hurts my eyes.

Excelent job SL! Another reason why I chose PS3 over Xbox

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I think it will come out tomorrow on the PS-Store in HD, but I'm not 100% certain. I really hope it becomes available for download soon though.

Timezone
    GMT -5

Anyone notice the tweaks they made to the current HUD? Looks bolder and easier to read than before, which is awesome.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Not that noticeable, and I still expect there to be plenty of Haterade to dump on the current HUD. Though the retro HUDs will certainly level things out.

By the way, there is a higher-definition video on YouTube under the user "sceablog", do a search for Wipeout HD and look for the most recently added videos. And be sure to watch it in HIGH quality. I think I came after seeing it.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 21st August 2008 at 02:27 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Still not high quality enough, although props for the find.
    I'm going to watch this on the 32" in 1080p so many times...

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

The trailer got me all excited about this game again. Can someone link a hi res downloadable version of that trailer?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

It kind of irks me that they bumped the wipeout hd post just hours after making it with hot shots golf news... yeah kratos ok cool but i think wipeout is alittle more important than some 99 cent character add on to a golf game. WipEout is a "legendary franchise", they should treat it like one.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

SICK!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    AoNekoAmaru

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    It kind of irks me that they bumped the wipeout hd post just hours after making it with hot shots golf news... yeah kratos ok cool but i think wipeout is alittle more important than some 99 cent character add on to a golf game. WipEout is a "legendary franchise", they should treat it like one.
    ... and release a WipEout course for Hot Shots Golf? ;P Hmm... I could think of quite some tracks I'd find "suitable" for "golfing"... XD

Anyway, I'm glad to see some updates about this title. :3 The splitscreen options seem nice and I can't wait to see/feel how sixaxis controls were implemented. =^__^=
    Last edited by Amaru; 21st August 2008 at 07:21 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Hey, thats not a bad idea...
    Last edited by Lance; 21st August 2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Redundant quote eliminated. Read the guidelines.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

easily THE most anticipated PS3 release of the year...and my 'release date' thread better hit 50000 views...

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

Everybodies Golf is really good though.

*looks for place to hide and avoid the lynching*