View Poll Results: Would you join a no-barrel-roll club in HD?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd race without barrel rolls all the time in the club.

13 32.50%
  • Yes, I'd race without barrel rolls when racing the club, but I'd use them racing anyone else.

23 57.50%
  • No, I'd use barrel rolls all the time.

4 10.00%

Thread: Would you be open to a online no-barrel-roll club?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool Would you be open to a online no-barrel-roll club?

I am referring to having online races with Wipeout HD where no one barrel rolls, regardless of whether the game offers the option to disallow them (pipe dream...).

I know someone mentioned this idea somewhere before, but I think it was pretty well dismissed right away since in Pulse, no one really wanted to see their rankings drop, or not have a chance at fastest time, etc. Not to mention the ships not floating very much in Pulse.

My thinking is this: HD supposedly has floatier handling than Pulse, so the game should feel a lot better without barrel rolls than Pulse did, theoretically.

And so, I'd like to know what those who have a PS3 or are going to have one for HD think of this idea.
    Would you join a "club" where all agree to not use barrel rolls at all in online races? (Obviously some could happen accidentally or out of habit from racing those outside of the "no-barrel-rolls club", but participating sporting folk could come up with some sort of nice way to deal with this, I'm sure.)

I've put three options in here:
    Yes, you'd only race with no barrel rolls.
    Yes, you'd race with no barrel rolls with those in the "club", and with barrel rolls racing others.
    No, you'd race with barrel rolls no matter what, since that's how it was designed and it's faster that way.

BTW, I'm missing online play very much lately. But I'm not missing the barrel rolls. So I'm just curious what kind of response this kind of online game would garner. The way HD is being held back, who knows, maybe I'll end up with a PS3. Maybe not.
    Last edited by Medusa; 9th August 2008 at 08:11 PM.