Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What Weapons or items you would wanna see again or introduced?

Nice, I think that has potential

I always fancied the idea of a missile you steer yourself, the advantage being it has longer range than a standard missile if you have the skills to steer it, but it should be very difficult to use. You fire it, your ship goes into Auto Pilot, and you are flying the missile from its point of view, with a view of the track like a targeting system display on an aircraft or spaceship in the movies, it has a green/grey colour and is covered in grids and scientific looking numbers. The missile travels at about Zone 100 speed and it`s up to you to ride it as long as you can and to hit the target. It handles like a broken Triakis. Any wall or ship impact and it blows up. After this there`s a two second countdown and your ship returns to manual control. However it may have been shot while you were "away", which the onboard computer voice would warn you about.

PSN ID
    backroom

I reckon a defensive drone could be activated which automatically circles your ship and attempts to shoot down incoming weapons or bombs/mines in your path. It remains active until it has made three shots when it drops to the track and self destructs, inflicting a little damage on any other nearby ships. This cannot stop plasmas and quakes, cannot fire on enemy ships and has a low chance of hitting a cannon bullet, although it will try. Drone

Another thought is to drop a turret which floats to the nearest wall and attaches itself there. It will then shoot at any passing ships for 1 minute before self destructing. It uses a canon style bullet, but a little weaker and a faster fire rate. If it is directly hit with weapons fire or a quake passes, it is also destroyed. Remote Sentry.

And finally, Bulldozer, this attracts the nearest ship and attaches it to your nose. You can then fly around the track and the other ship will take all the damage, you can't use any other weapons whilst attached. This lasts up to 25 seconds before automatic release but a manual release can be initiated by pressing the 'absorb' button. If the ship loses all its energy and is destroyed whilst you are attached, you receive a signifcant amount of damage from the blast, once the elimination sequence has started, you cannot separate at all.

With the missile that you fly yourself, will it time out or can you (theoretically) fly it round for the rest of the race? And maybe Zone 50 speed as this is >1000kph already.

PSN ID
    stinkleroy

How about a weapon that disables the opponents original soundtrack and replaces it for a time with Celine Dion. Thats enough to put anyone off their race ha ha!

LOL

SL, make it so!!!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

HAHA what a great idea!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    blackwiggle

You would be pulling off BR's on mag strips just so your shield energy went down enough to stop the music.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Haha Celion Dion. Canada greatest contribution to the western world. What about a George Walker Bush weapon, featuring incoming shoes. Duck! thats what the voice over chick says when its is approaching you.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Wait a minute: Bush's middle name is actually Walker?! Didn't know that! I hope Chuck Norris finds him and claims his name back - with a roundhouse kick to the face! There can only be one Texas Ranger

PSN ID
    kgb1971

The only reason the ex-president has "walker" as his middle name is because Chuck felt it was necessary, otherwise as you say eLhabib he would of received a roundhouse kick to the face!
    You may see Barack "Walker" Obama soon, when Chuck calls him.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

MIRV from Twisted Metal 4. four or five mortar shells lobbing up and down onto the person in front of you... the barrage would rarely actually make contact, but the surrounding explosions immediately next to the ship would throw them off course; and if one of the shells DID contact, it would cause wicked damage.

I dunno, just the first idea that came to mind.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    drenath

Bring back the electrobolt, make it do a lot more damage without causing the craft to slow down.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

^ "TRUMPET's!"

I actually find that the leech beam has the same affect that the electro bolt did, and sapped your energy at the same time

heres an idea....

BRING ON THE TRUMPET'S! (sorry im kindof obsessed with that at the moment )
    Last edited by swift killer; 28th January 2009 at 09:06 AM.

Or bring on the strumpets. [look it up. ]

[wouldn't work on me, of course. perfect weapon against most opponents. muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa]

Malton (between Brampton and Mississauga. Literally) ,Ontario,Canada
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    shamarskii

Default def wepons

i think a wepon call plasma cannon you only get 10 shots
    nex wepon...energy reroute.if you crash in to an other contender the energy you lose turns in to a boost and every 5% of energy is one boost but stays for 3O sec.
    nex wepon...anti lock this is a wepon that locks on to your opomet (like leech beam)it dos not take energy it makes the other craf not connect to the mag strip.
    nex wepon grav hammer.grav hammer is a wepon that can make contenders flip,hover on rear or front and turn contenders into rocket
    Last edited by feisar rocket; 31st January 2009 at 04:27 AM.

PSN ID
    backroom

Repeller. All weapons are deflected away from your ship (except quake, plasma, leech beam and any other energy based weapons).
    Has limited effect on cannon due to speed.
    Also repels other ships.
    Moderate energy returned when absorbed.

@P52Smith: there was the reflector in wip3out which sent rockets and missiles back towards the sender which sounds pretty much the same as what youre saying there. It doesnt repel other ships though, although we had the repulsor in pulse.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

I think the repeller should only be used in eliminators

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Force wall?

I always laugh when I get it >:D

PSN ID
    backroom

andy: I'm not talking about sending the weapons back at the firer but changing their path away from your ship.

Unlike the repulsor it won't damage the other ships, just stop them coming near.

I have never played WO3 before to know of the weapon you mention, andy.

Star Power, from Vigilante8, 2nd Offense.

Yeah, I was joking.