Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Weapons or items you would wanna see again or introduced?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Xbox Live Gamertag: INFAXSU

Wink Pilot Swap

Something totally fresh, like A Pilot Swap: Obtainable only when in last position, and requires a target lock-on similar to the leach beam lock-on, but with shorter range to make it fair and not cheap. It would be in the same category as auto pilot, turbo, and shield. How about an item pick-up called Farm Animals, which would make varius animals sounds such as an elephant or a monkey. lol - It would be useful that it would distract A rival making him laugh, then you'd gain crucial seconds over him.
    Last edited by INFAXSU; 28th August 2008 at 06:52 AM.

PSN ID
    backroom

I would like to see two types of rockets:
    1. All three fire as is currently normal with the current style of symbol. Regenerates 29% energy.
    2. One rocket fires each time square is pressed. Symbol is three hexagons in a vertical line and one disappears with each rocket fired. Regenerates 10% energy per rocket left.

Stasis field:
    Your ship drops this on the track and any ship who drives through it is frozen for 2 seconds, no weapon fire/absorbing, nothing. After 1 lap you pick this up by driving over it (done automatically (still happens if you take a different route through a split)). Regenerates 35% energy when absorbed. The field covers about ¾ of the track width at the standard grid width.

The problem with Farm Animals, INFAXSU, is that there would be no effect on the AI or a player without sound on unless their ship was somehow directly effected, ie. a disruption bolt.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

How about the effects of weapons varying from ship to ship...

For example; one ship may fire may fire all three rockets at the same time while another will fire them consecutively, or one ship may fire the cannon normally, one may fire it quicker with abit less damage, one may fire it slower with more damage, while another could even fire it in 5 seperate shotgun-like bursts.

...and do it so that it varies with each weapon so that no ship has a clear weapons advantage...

For example; one ship might have a stronger missile than another ship, but that other ship may have stronger rockets.

.... also make the visual effects differ depending on which team.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

As far as I remember the disruption bolt of Pure didn't affet the AI at all (Other than a bouncy ship, which didn't slow them down that much, if at all), that's why it was canned in Pulse.

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Something like the Fenrir special weapon on Ace Combat. Nice. I would be getting a **** load of eliminations with that weapon Maybe that could be thrown into the game just before release.
    Ever heard of overkill?
    5km blast radius I think...
    Besides, you can wipe out and sucessfully complete mission two with a single shot from that thing...
    Last edited by omega329; 28th August 2008 at 06:47 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Xbox Live Gamertag: INFAXSU

Invisibility/Camoflage: but only to enemy ships.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post

For example; one ship may fire may fire all three rockets at the same time while another will fire them consecutively, or one ship may fire the cannon normally, one may fire it quicker with abit less damage, one may fire it slower with more damage, while another could even fire it in 5 seperate shotgun-like bursts.

...and do it so that it varies with each weapon so that no ship has a clear weapons advantage...

For example; one ship might have a stronger missile than another ship, but that other ship may have stronger rockets.

That doesn't seem very WipEout to me..

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4

Force wall from Wipeout 3!!! But in the form of a portal and called a portal, oh helll yeah (I've been saying this one forever...)

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post

Actually, I like that idea very much!

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    trentdf

i also think thats apreety good idea, as long as it's not overdone. It would really add to the personalit of the team, im guessing harimau would have **** weapons and teams labelled a "bullies" would have slightly more powerful element. If weapons became a stat, it would also help differentiate the teams a bit more, which i think is needed with the current 12 ships.