Thread: Something I noticed...

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Default Something I noticed...

Don't ask why, but I was playing Fusion yesterday and I noticed that if you fired a plasma bolt at a ship which has a shield activated, the bolt will rebound off its shield!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Seriously?

I need to give that a try. I've been playing Fusion for well over six years and hadn't noticed that. It might just be that the plasma bolt isn't strong enough to break the shield, ala Wip3out.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Are you sure it wasn't the usual 'spray out' animation when the plasma bolt normally hits?

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post
    Don't ask why, but I was playing Fusion yesterday and I noticed that if you fired a plasma bolt at a ship which has a shield activated, the bolt will rebound off its shield!
    This is true. If you hit with a bolt directly into the sheild then yes it dose have that spray off effect. But isf you hit the bolt just on the outter part of the sheild then it dose rebound off it, ive seen this a many a time. Im in the mood to put Fusion in now.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

When I first saw this happen, I thought that it was a wierd bug in the game.

Although, I did have one race where I fired one off, aiming for someone, missing, hitting an another ship with a shield, boucing off, and hitting and destroying someone else.

I don't think I could reproduce it for the life of me.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Something also i noticed when i had Fusion on just then on my 1st gen PS3 console (60GB version). The gameplay went all to **** on the last lap on Cubis Float Part 3. All these fractured and messed up polygons appeared all over the screen, then i selected another curcuit and the same thing was still happening. Anybody experienced this before? Also a large majority of my PS2 games dont work on the PS3 console, and the some that do work go to ****, with screwed up frame rates and juddering images. Would the first years manufactores warrenty on the console cover this by any chance?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

I've experienced this, and I don't think the warranty would cover that.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Kigo: the incompatibility is due to Sony removing hardware backwards-compatibility from the PS3 to reduce production costs; it's one reason why a lot of people (myself included) are really angry at Sony during this generation of consoles. If I'm gonna pay 500 bucks for a game console (which is also ANOTHER point of frustration for many Sony fans), I want it to have all the features the company promised. Sure people can gripe about the 360's RROD problem but M$ eventually offered to fix any busted consoles and have since done away with the problem. Sony hasn't done anything with the PS3 to make it more appealing to the consumer except force the Blu-Ray DVD format onto the market and now the PS3 has become the most versatile blu-ray player... but in all honesty, I'd rather have a game console than a glorified DVD player.

THe PS3 still has a mediocre library of games thus far, despite how long it's been on the market already. Sony could argue the huge catalog of older games (PS1 and PS2) can help tide people over, but it's a stupid justification when your new $500 black monolith won't even play half of them.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Fusions the only WipEout which you can eliminate 3 other ships with ONE plasma bolt shot, if you get it off the 1st weapons pad in any race, you can fire it at the usual feisar/gtech/gtech group of three that seem to bring up the rear at every race.

You can do this with the seismic field aswell, if your luky enough to get direct hits on more than one ship on a straight..... they need to bring that weapon back!
    Last edited by swift killer; 1st August 2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Can you get more mediocre than Carlos Beneto, Naomi Turner and "Robert Serge"?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

RJ O...
    I kid, I kid! You'd whup my ass any day

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I'm pretty sure the plasma can bounce of a shield and come straight back at you 99% sure I almost killed myself one time because of this.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    Can you get more mediocre than Carlos Beneto, Naomi Turner and "Robert Serge"?
    Yes; Christian Albers, Tiago Monteiro & Sakon Yamamoto (of recent (short lived) F1 fame)
    Last edited by swift killer; 4th August 2008 at 08:14 AM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    I'm pretty sure the plasma can bounce of a shield and come straight back at you 99% sure I almost killed myself one time because of this.
    LOL. It's sort of like Quantum Redshift, except the designers meant to have reflecting shields.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Replace the plasma bolt with the seismic field? It's pretty much the same weapon except it keeps going through ships untill it hits a wall, basically more lethal.

And those who had the broken pixels problem, what usually works in getting rid of it is pausing the game for a few seconds and then carrying on with play, usually does the trick, but i can't guarantee it's a sure fire fix.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah but the Plasma seemed to be guaranteed mega damage if you hit someone with it. I flew Van-Uber exclusively in Fusion and used the Seismic Field constantly and sometimes I could score a direct hit on a ship and it did no damage at all, other times on Katmoda 12 I could gut 3 ships with the same Seismic, another bug in the game?

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Probably, I dont think some of the weapons were implemented properly, this rendered some weapons absolutely useless.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Nite_Rider_643

I can never hit them with a plasma bolt. I try and aim just in front of them but it just misses. It's really annoying.