Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: With or without BRD?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Default With or without BRD?

Hi everybody

As I ask in the title, justto have an idea (and also maybe Sony will hear our voices and change their mind...) could you just anybody who will read this post, give your opinion or just say how would you prefer WO:HD to be released: only downoloadable on PSN or BRD release or both.

Personaly I beg Sony and pray the god of publishers for a BRD release. I'm crazy about the artwork and all the stuff about WO.

PSN ID
    Yagya

perhaps i'm out of the loop, but what does BRD stand for?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    alka16r

Quote Originally Posted by Yagya View Post
    perhaps i'm out of the loop, but what does BRD stand for?
    sorry. I mean blue ray disk.

PSN ID
    Yagya

ah! for the life of me i couldn't figure out the acronym. usually i can figure them out pretty quickly. i'd like to have a box for the game, but perhaps this is further strengthening the idea that they are indeed working on a separate ps3 wipeout title.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I'll definitely say bluray, if only for having another sweet manual!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I always perfer a hard copy over a download. Manuals, artwork, a box, all make it much nicer of course.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

personally I wouldn't mind either or...I don't really know how video games work...but will a BRD release affect the 1080p at 60fps at all seeing that the game always has to refer back to reading info off the disc??? Dunno...

a hardcopy BRD realease would be nice ofr the cool manual, cover and artwork...

but a softcopy PSN release would also be cool keeping up with the whole future of digital content distribution, plus, I can just turn the PS3 on and start playing immediately without having to insert the disc which means I don't need to rely on the laser...

if SL were to go along a similar path that Warhawk took, and release on both fronts...I would get both... digital content for purely play...and hardcopy content to collect...

PSN ID
    Yagya

they could have the blu-ray disc just "burn" it onto the ps3 harddrive if reading a disc would factor into the fps.

you get the game running smooth, and a cool case with all teh goodies.

i don't think it being on a disc would affect the fps at all though.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

With BRD would be a good idea, as i suggested on another thread. If the game is released on a format which every single person has access to, then the game would sell alot more.

I had the choice with another small sized game 'Gran Turismo 5 Prologue', of either BR (BluRay) or DD (Download Data), i would choose the BR again. Its just piece of mind knowing you got the hard copy incase the PS3 HDD where every to corrupt itself (Plus the box with all the artwork and fan fiction in it also). Maybe this is another cause by the many months of delay of the release of HD.

Would kind of make sense for a BRD release now that there will be split screen local racing.

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

Wipeout HD BRD would be great.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Personally I just want the damn game and I'll take it in any form Sony want to deliver it to me in. For the good of the game though I'd say a Blu Ray release would be wiser, PSN only games alienate a lot of users.

I hope Sony are not thinking along the lines of "If this sells well we'll do one on a disk" I'm pretty sure theres a fair size audience they are excluding here with this download only stuff.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

if the game comes out on BRD than that means that there will be a WipEout HD Platinum Trophy.... PSN games are not allowed to have Platinum Trophies.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

both, like gt prologue. Bluray would only make sense if the game had a lot of content.

zOMG, I'd buy a compilation disc (ie all the previous games), like tekken 5 had some of the old tekken games.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

You would not be the only one to buy a compilation of Wipeout 1, XL (or 2097 depending on region), 3, 3SE (Europe only, sadly), Fusion (Would need to be made compatible through firmware update on 40 GBs), Pure (ported with all DLC) and Pulse (ported with all DLC)

Unfortunately, that compilation disc will come out when chickens have teeth.

PSN ID
    Yagya

i'd like my compilation disc w/o fusion plz. Compilation discs to me mean "we can't make money with newer iterations because we've lost the magic of what we used to have, so play all these versions you remember as being awesome" but i don't see Wipeout games as that. they are still as good as XL and i have high hopes that that isn't going to change anytime soon. (see improvements after fusion)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I just want a Platinum wipeout trophy, it will be the centerpeice of my "HOME"

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I read that PSN games don't have platinum trophies??

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Look 6 posts up ^^

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oh yeah! Thats where I saw it!