Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE WipEout to end all WipEouts???

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Red face Viewing a bit of history

Why is there such a large audience that dislikes Fusion, it appears that the old hardcore wipeout fans dislike it alot due to the gaming physics of this title.

My opinion every single Wipeout game that has been released is fantastic (including Fusion), and is an constant evolution where every new wipeout game further develops on the qualities of the previous title. Fusion has now become one of the rarist Wipeout to find now. The tracks where awesome, Florion Heights Part 3 with that insane jump before the main straight Cubiss Float, Alca Vexus and Temtesh Bay with parts of the tracks that where not static and destructable, the off course sections of some of the tracks and the first time i raced on Katmoda 12 was unreal with the in depth scenery, even though this game is 7 years old now. I think now the pros are starting to outway the cons in this game. Wipeout Fusion is one unique Wipeout title, the only thing i can possibly see wrong with it is the gaming physics which dont make it a 'true' Wipeout title, oh as well the loss of some of the best teams Goteki, AG SYS, Qirex, Assegai, Icaras but hey there was the introduction of some really cool teams EGR and Xios and now EGX.

Hellfire Temtesh Bay Part 2 was a bastard of a course, got lost in the ****ing maze of mines, then again it was the same with Vohl Sqaure. First time i was on that track i said **** where am i

But hey Studio Liverpool, not everybody hates Fusion. I liked it. Dont be afraid to try new things in the next coming Wipeout titles. Hey if it creates a bigger audience, it will create more sales on the next coming Wipeout title. Then Wipeout will still be a big seller in ten years from now

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by emerald dragoon View Post
    if all the above is confirmed somehow, then i may have changed my tune on HD, just a side note, if they do make remake tracks from the previous games then i hope for no mag-strips, less bright neon and on the subject of fusion, just stick with florion height tracks as they would be great for HD, others suffer from random rocks/ice/flip pads/closing doors?!?!?

i'm hopeful
    Why dont they just alter the tracks layouts so the random rocks/ice/closing doors are removed, I absolutely hated all the trackless sections, they were daft.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I liked WipEout Fusion as well, the environments were unique and vivid and didn't have that samey feeling like the PSP games have at times, it gave us the incredible Zone mode, and as I've said all along, the way the backstory and information is written makes you feel at times like you're following the exploits of a real racing league. It's one of just two games in the series that has pilot profiles.

That said, I highly doubt HD will end up having every single track and ship and league recreated etc., it doesn't feel to me like the game could support all that.

Though, before the series ends, hopefully a long way away, I would like to see an "ultimate" WipEout compilation game. But it would need to be done right.

..Bring Back Burcombe

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post
    Why dont they just alter the tracks layouts so the random rocks/ice/closing doors are removed, I absolutely hated all the trackless sections, they were daft.
    a good point, they could do that...and if they do plan any fusion remakes they should do that!

but i'd much prefer remakes from most of the other games anyway. full HD silverstream with beautiful aurora overhead. dark and rainy gare d'europa. altima vii just because it's the first wipeout track ever and could look amazing!

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Altima VII was in one of the packs for wipeout pure, if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post
    Altima VII was in one of the packs for wipeout pure, if i remember correctly.
    yeah, originally in wipeout 1, but it was a virtual remake in pure, no full colour or detail, i'm hoping for HD any DLC track packs will be fully designed and realised tracks.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

I just hope the prices won't be as ridiculous as pulse's.
    But i agree, I don't really need much more then extra music and tracks over time to keep me interested + splitscreen of course

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

@swift killer: yes, Florion 3 REVERSE. I love the steep climb at the start, and from then on it's a long smooth ride downhill. (plus, I always found the huge fans that push your ship upward on Florion in the regular direction to be the biggest FAIL of Fusion altogether)

@Charlie: wouldn't have thought you had a habit of slapping dogs! seriously though, the mineshafts were a thing of evil, but once you find out all you have to do is stay left, it's only a matter of luck with the sliding doors... oh alright, they were ****, admittedly.

@emerald dragoon: I would DIE for a dark and gritty HD remake of Altima VII. That's the essence of wipEout, right there.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    You have not played the game, so how would you know about that? You simply cannot judge from the videos.
    It doesn't take a genius to know the game play wont be that much different from PULSE and PURE by looking at the vids alone. Now if they do change the physics as I said above, then I would be over the moon. But I doubt it though. Still getting it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

well, judging from the preview build, it is quite a bit floatier than Pulse.