Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THE WipEout to end all WipEouts???

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

agreed on the banning of flip pads...and whole-heartedly agreed on some of the things in Fusion being super gimmicky...eg flip pads, the energy barriers which infuriated me to the max as well and things like destructible environments with the added element of low visibility...

the thing about Fusion was, the tracks were amazing in parts where it resembled WipEout, but when it started getting all Pod Racer on us with the open areas and multiple paths, I felt like this was not the same WipEout I thoroughly enjoyed on my PSOne...I say keep the tracks like racing tracks...I mean how many Formula 1 tracks can you say has multiple paths and crazy fandagamy-jimmy-gimmicks??? None...WipEout is all about racing and going fast...not trying to play an adventure racer at +1000kmh...

Another thing with the barrel rolls...not a big fan...never used it...unless I really needed to shave some seconds off a speed lap or time trial...but...it is there for those who need it to get some kind of edge in races...and i'm not one of them...not saying i'm some kind of uber elite pilot...just re-iterating the fact that you don't really need it to win races...

Anyway...wonder what's happening at SL right now...
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 29th July 2008 at 11:53 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Altima VII doesn't have to be gritty. It's in the mountains, it should be sort of naturally picturesque.

Korodera, on the other hand...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Sagarmatha in HD with snow on the side overflowing onto the tracks kicking up white as you speed past snow on the tracks...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Yeah, RJ, you're right, gritty wasn't the word I was looking foor. GLOOMY - now that's more like it.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

The thread is titled 'WipEout to end all WipEouts' . . . . . . why would you want to end all WipEouts? lol