Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: reverse quake

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Default reverse quake

first of all, hi to everybody,
    This is my first post here .Excuse me for my awfull english.
    3 or 4 days ago in an online race, i was the last behind 2 guys in phantom event (i consider myself a rapier pilot at this time) and i receive 2 quake coming from above. I first thought i was mistaking and the quake was coming from my back but when the second one hitted me i was in a long straight line and i see the quake from far. It was coming from above !!
    Off course i tried offline to reproduce this action (in wo fusion we can launch missiles and rockets backwards using the look back + the weapon, and maybe in wip3out i don't remember well) but i can't reproduce it ( it happens one other time 1 day after in an other online race).
    Did someone know this stuff ? is it possible, and what's the method ? Was it a cheat or what ?

Otherwise, i want to thanks kanar, figo1987, mad ice , ansagani, micky1984, triangul-r and a few more i forgot for the good races we fought. I was not a match for some pilots but they stay a little for my "lesson" . Thanx

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Hi, welcome to the forums

No trick to it really, just turn your craft round and shoot. Can't recommend it as a good combat option though, even in an AG Systems it takes ages to do a 180.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Default reverse quake

Never saw that before XD;. Yeah someone had turn around and fire the quake forward at cha XD a good trick if your 1st and far from the pack.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah not recommended for Pulse since the weapons give a lot of energy back plus ships recover faster.

Do it in Pure though, way more chance of killing the rest of the field with one

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

AH, okay !! I thought about something like that. So you need a huge advance to use it.
    Thanks for the answer.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

I remember you. I was looking for your name on the members list here, and i couldnt find it. But i discovered your a new member here. Welcome to WipeoutZone by the way.

Did quite a few Rapier races with you on the weekend. You got some wins off me, very skilled pilot you are. I also noticed that your world ranking jumped from 95th to 80th on wipeout-game.com. The more wins you get from higher rankings pilots, higher your ranking will become.

Also reverse quakes. They where me. I turned EGX around on Talons Junction and lunched it, did it on Basilico also. Got an online elimination out of that one on Basilico. This happened to me a while back, i thought it was a cheat also, untill Insertcoin said it what some enoying pilots do to show off. I decided to give this a try online for the first time and it worked.

But hey good online races we had, more to come. See you online again soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

HI Kigo,

Thank you for the welcome.I waited till this time to join the forum because i was not sure to have so many time to go in (too much work), but i definitely love pulse (and other wos) and it's so great to talk with others pilots. Even those who leave me behind with 10 s .
    I race in pulse since one month and a half, i don't know very well all the tracks (need a lot of practice on outpost), but i begin to understand a few things on arc de white, amphiseum and vertica.
    I hope i'll be soon an interesting challenger to you.
    Thank you too for the reverse quake. I try it myself yesterday evening and was smiling thinking at the face of the pilots behind seeing a big wall coming fast to their ships (sorry ansagani).

Hope to see you soon on other exciting races online

I try to race several days of the week on the evening from 9/10 to 12/1.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Oh ****

I think i started an epidemic here. Reverse Quakes for all

Have your sheilds ready novice pilots.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Don't mean to crush your pioneer spirit here, but someone by the name of 'zargz' actually deserves the fame of having pioneered the reverse quake do some research on the site - it's been here for years!

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

He's disappeared though. T-T

Come Back!!!

PSN ID
    stin_wz

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    Don't mean to crush your pioneer spirit here, but someone by the name of 'zargz' actually deserves the fame of having pioneered the reverse quake do some research on the site - it's been here for years!
    Yeah, me!, you can watch through youtube, he was staying here at my house years ago.
    It`s actually Wipeout3 SE

stevie

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

hahaha sorry stevie, I knew it happened during your w3oSE sessions with zargz, didn't know which of you was first

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

I also remember very well that 1st BQ i did to you, Martin (El) on Blue Ridge, 2 years and half ago . It's like with a girl : you never forget the 1st time

Martin (Mdhay) : Pavel is now back in Thaïland and not easy for him to speak here

leungbok : Welcome aboard , fellow citizen, always a pleasure to meet a new frenchie
    See ya online mate

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Thanks,

Yes, we'll meet online soon.
    My first goal : finish the races against you, hardcore pilots

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Yeah I remember that, Arnaud! I was pretty much top of the pops on xLink Kai until you came and raped my little Assegai on my very favorite track, BlueRidge
    aaaah, good times *sigh*

Good times indeed - I remember it all... the sweet victories, the bitter defeats......

But great news that you will be racing us on the PSN, Arnaud, I knew you couldn`t resist.

PSN ID
    micky1984

hi and welcome. was good racing wiv u. its always refreshing racing a new pilot and will hopefully race u soon i would also like to say iv never back quaked. so i wasnt the evil git who got you lol

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Hi there leungbok,

Yeah I remember you, the one and only time I raced you, I noticed you, a new player online and pretty skilled! Very good, we will see more of you on the track. Welcome in the zone and enjoy your time here.

Greetz Mad-Ice

PSN ID
    Xtriko, PS3, PSP & Vita

talking about zargz... well, in my opinion, all we have killed someone with a reverse quake, or at least damaged someone. BUT!!! zargz is in another level! i saw on youtube, the most evil technique ever done in wipeout! REVERSE PLASMA!!! On talons reach. WO3 SE. worst... Splitscreen... zargz... you are THE man

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

Hey, sorry Mad-Ice, i had connexion problems yesterday
    I went for a while, just the time micky1984 and Karmaneo kicked my ass in many phantom races (i was out of concentration and made lot of piloting errors, aaaargl)
    I 'll better next time, maybe tonight.