Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD delayed due to technical issue

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    Woah , seems like WipeoutHD will be close to a full wipeout title with all the extra stuff they've added !
    They should change the title of the game accordingly, calling the game "HD" could put it in players' heads that this is an incomplete, half-baked game in a sense. Won't happen, but the game has earned it now...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GTAce

I hope they release the PSN Cards soon, i want to purchase it when it comes out. 8/
    The game sounds more and more awesome, everytime they reveal new stuff.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Sorry to harp on the issue-- but the reference to reversible tracks-- does this suggest that they have created reversible versions of the Pure tracks?! That seems like a huge deal. Maybe I am just missing something

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    They should change the title of the game accordingly, calling the game "HD" could put it in players' heads that this is an incomplete, half-baked game in a sense.
    As excited as I am about Wipeout HD I still don't think it counts as a true successor to Pure/Pulse. WOHD is composed entirely of recycled material, and the newly announced features-- as cool as they are-- do nothing to change that.

Still, it should be a God damn HOOT to play with y'all online though

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

This is great news, I can't wait to get a confirmation from Colin or another site.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Does this mean the reverse of Metropia Black is Metropia White?
    I assume for the Pure tracks that they have put ramps in place to lead up to the sections where there is a track drop.

Still, this news is ABSOLUTELY _____ AWESOME! Thanks to SL for listening to some of our complaints.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

holy hyper coloured neons batman...

this is friggin great!!! splitscreen, more craft, more tracks...now all we need is something on it being a full BD release... with nice cover art and everything...

one question...will the splitscreen apply to online...like can me and my bro fly from our living rooms collectively online??? technically...is this really difficult to achieve, for a racing game??? just speculating...

nice one SL...really nice...

now...back to being patient...*goes sit in the corner with PSP and Pulse and Pure*
    Last edited by cybrpnk; 25th July 2008 at 07:01 AM.

PSN ID
    Axellink

I'm pumped up for this game regardless. Now lets hope the BR's are gone

In all seriousness, I hope they take the time to polish this game up. I think this should have been a BR release but then again, it would have cost more so in these troubled credit crunch times. Downloadable games FTW!!

PSN ID
    Sumimasen

Hmmm. Good news!

I wonder what the reversible tracks will be. Being able to race them in the opposite direction? Or racing them mirrored, ie. the same way but with the corners reversed?

I think the second option would be the easiest logistically to pull off, as I can see the amount of testing involved in making the tracks work both ways would be a mammoth task! In fact I can see any with a jump needing to be completely re-written.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

IMO, WipeOut HD has allways been the true NextGen WipeOut.
    Okay, it's primay content are recycled materials, but consédring the enhancement (new textures, new 3D models, even more animated tracks, etc.) it wasn't just an HD conversion as Tekken was for example.

I read somewhere (i think it was on CVG in a previous interview) that the team hopping to release DLC such as tracks from older wipeout and totally fresh ones, new ships (they didn't precised if there will be real new ships) and maybe additionnal game mode (2 were evaluated).
    I know this was before the delay (i think it was just after the press release was out), but it seems to me that WipeOut HD is the Gran Turismo 5 of futurist races, since we buy a base product and complete it from time to time.

About the additionnal features, the 2 player offline mode is a real good idea (but i think we should be prepared to some framerate drop). I didn't understand the important thing about the "reversed'" tracks, but it's true that Pure tracks didn't have reverse mode like Pulse (White / Black). It won't be a simple task I think.
    The multiple HUD is the answer to thos who were constantly arging about which one they prefered ... who said SL didn't listen to players ?!

I notice that the SCEE guy didn't deny the epileptic problem (although it should have been easy to say "No it wasn't a epileptic issue"). And since I think that the new features could have been added through DLC and have nothing to do with a "technical issue" mentionned at E3, I think that since the game had to be delayed, they chose to implement the DLC in the game. But I also think that the game will not be at the same price it should have been. With all that content, I suppose it will be sold like GT5P around 40€ in europe (T_T).

PSN ID
    micky1984

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=201046 there u go confirmation to the article . . . . . .yay

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

"These include: eight reverse tracks, four extra ships, two alternative HUDS, two-player offline split-screen and XMB Trophy support.
    Just read the eurogamer article. These additions are going to be sweet. This game is going to be nearly as in depth as Pulse with all the DL and the custom music, which i guess will be avaliable on HD thanks to the Firmware 2.40. This is looking really cool. If this game came out on BluRay this disc would be a permenant resident in my PS3 console.

PSN ID
    the_Adm1ral

Although the 2 player split screen is offline and the technical issue is still just a rumour, but maybe the technical issue could be trying to get 2 user accounts to log into the game to play as 2 seperate split screen users for stat purposes? Just a thought as Wipeout is so statistic heavy.

The only other split screen PS3 game I have is Super Stardust HD which doesn't do this so I'm probably way off the mark.

Or maybe with the Home Beta appearing on the PS3 soon, there is some future proofing integration issue that hasn't been solved yet by any of the game developers?

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

I would love to see a WipEout HD tournament on XLeague.tv . . . . . but obviously this wont happen as XLeague are one of Microsoft's whippits.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Quote Originally Posted by the_Admiral View Post
    The only other split screen PS3 game I have is Super Stardust HD which doesn't do this so I'm probably way off the mark.
    GT5P also support 2 player mode with splitted screen but since as WipeOut it is an offline functionality, I don't see why there would be a problem with that.

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Quote Originally Posted by swift killer View Post
    I would love to see a WipEout HD tournament on XLeague.tv . . . . . but obviously this wont happen as XLeague are one of Microsoft's whippits.
    Are they? Ironic with it being now called Pulse

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BitWinter

Default Nauseous play

hey...

I know its still up in the air about the failing the epilepsy test, but after reading some of the posts here from those of of having been lucky enough to play early builds...the ones that mentioned feeling a little nauseous from it...

I am just wondering if you were standing while playing vs sitting...
    I get dizzy sometimes when playing certain wipeouts (FUSION, XL) while standing...sitting is a world of difference. I only mention this becuase if you played it at some show in a booth or something, chances are you were standing.

If either standing or sitting then disregard I guess

The mind plays tricks on you when your standing and trying to play these games

~cheers

Uridium

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

Quote Originally Posted by mdhay View Post
    Are they? Ironic with it being now called Pulse
    haha! I know, just out of curiousity..... did anyone ever play Fusion under the influence? I'll just leave with that thought, inquisitively looking at your PS2's.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

One note about "reverse tracks":

How does one reverse Chenghou Project's huge drop or Anulpha Pass's skill cut without having a Wipeout Fusion-type treatment?

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

I'd assume the skill cut would not be included in the reverse track. As for Chenghou, a connecting slope would seem the only way of tackling that one.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

True.

On the other hand, Sol 2 and Ubermall in reverse sound promising ^^