Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD delayed due to technical issue

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger2197 View Post
    I think a major problem with most people is they want instant gratification
    I think considering where this was at a whole year ago, at E3, it's a little unfair to call people's desire for it at this point 'instant gratification'. I think, for a lot of people, any gratification would do.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    GKyl

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    So SL has encountered some kind of problem with wipeout that other dev teams around the world have run into also, but have never found a solution to. I'm really wondering what this "technical issue" could be?
    I bet it's something along the lines of French people being able to pick up information faster than anyone else in the world (hence Arnaud's Uber-skills). So, right now, Liverpool is probably doing field studies in order to find the nation with the longest reaction time (Red Bull strictly forbidden for test subjects within 24 hours of the experiment). When they found them - they'll make WOHD slower - just enough so that everyone can compete against each other in Phantom.

No?

Well, then I'm out of guesses. And sorry for being silly.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Sumimasen View Post
    I loved the way Colin referred to our speculating on the release date as nonsense! That pretty much sums up what sony (and most likely SL) thinks of it's customer base! Well excuse US if we actually care enough to want to know when we can get our hands on YOUR game!!!
    No what I referred to as nonsense was people making stuff up about the release date, claiming to have sources and getting the hopes up of others.

We know people want the game and are impatient for it, but as has been said by David Reeves there is a reason for the delay and its unfortunate.
    If that means people go and find enjoyment in other games or other machines, all power to them, I'd rather people were off having fun experiencing games than worrying over the release of game be it ours or anyoone elses !
    Hell I am actually GLAD that the new warcraft expansion has been delayed as it means i can focus on some other games.

Trust me, no one more than the dev team wants to see this game out and available.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Don't worry about it Colin, unfortunately some people are so impatient. I bet you any money that these would be the same peeps to flame the hell out of you if the game was released with the fault

Anywho because of this, I was able to borrow my mates PSP and play PURE. I'm in love with this game and has made my appetite for HD even worst

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

I agree with the Dogg, it's not about impatience it's about the little things that keep adding up to Sony not showing that they care about Wipeout any more. It'll be nice to look back in retrospect and say, wow, they really did need to change that or something along those lines. However, it's unfortunate that Colin said that the game was 99% done and then this huge NDA affair came up. Couple that with the lack of advertising and the inability to support Pulse and you have a conspiracy theory hodgepodge.

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    I think considering where this was at a whole year ago, at E3, it's a little unfair to call people's desire for it at this point 'instant gratification'. I think, for a lot of people, any gratification would do.
    Firstly, my apologies for not making it clear, but I was refering to the general attitude of gamers in general. It was not directly related to WOHD. Do I want HD to come out as soon as possible? Of course I do, but I for one am willing to wait. I would much rather have a game that has no problems in it when released, than some of the current library of PS3 games that are filled with bugs.

That's all I have to say, so I won't be joining in any more discussions on HD until it IS released. I feel it better to stay quiet, and endure the wait. Again, my apologies.

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    Sugar_from_OTW

I heard what holding the game us is that they're putting in licence tests. You need to get a perfect lap on sol 2 at rapier speeds to be able to race in the sunday cup.

Also, adjusting the spring rate and tyre pressures does nothing!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

Hmm...that sounds a little weird. Why can`t they put Wipeout HD in the X-box 360? Just wondering ^^;.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol! Because it's a first party title, Sony owns all the rights, was that sarcasm? Hard to tell.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    GalaticTitan

D: Well that sucks, but oh well, it`ll be out sometime.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

I think the problem they've come across might be one thats plagued all other developers..... my guess is it may be physics engine related, possibly with the collision masks, because i've seen collision mask problems/glitches in every ps3 title so far.

But, on the brightside, SL have time to cram more content into the game while the problems being sorted, aint that right Colin?

*coughs*clssictrcksplz*coughs*

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I wonder if all this will put the price of the game up? I hope not nails in the coffin and all that.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

swift, while it would be great for SL to add more tracks while they work it out, with every game, software or indeed hardware, they need to reach a point where from there on, all features are locked down. And while it may seem like this is a convinient time to put some extra tracks in, you may get some feature creep happening, and that certainly isn't a good thing. That delays release dates even further. Let's all hope SL (and indeed the rest of Sony) can figure out what is going wrong and have us playing high-definition AG racing sooner rather than later.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Default epilepsy?

There is a whole lot of stupid on this forum page, and I hate to do anything to contribute to that.

But for what it is worth, "connected" neogaf posters-- folks that have revealed correct information of this sort in the past-- have heard that the delay relates to Wipeout HD failing epilepsy testing required for video game releases.

It's a bit of a read but you can find the discussion here:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327708

Emphasis: this is rumor and quite possibly incorrect. To me, it does make some sense. It would be a technical issue that has a nebulous solution-- providing an uncertain release date to a game that seems to be, by all accounts, essentially finished. Certainly Sony would be in no hurry to advertise the nature of the delay. Finally, having seen the "zone mode" vids for Wipeout HD, I could imagine there being some problems of this sort

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Eh? If that was the case couldn't they just put a huge warning on as the game boots saying something about epilepsy? This has to be crap people who take these fits surly know not to play.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Considering the NDAs the developers are bound by, I find this highly unlikely

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=193765

Is CVG a reputable site? If so this is the first time I`ve seen this not just as a forum rumour.

I just Googled "video games epilepsy test" and the link came up on page 2. There does seem to have been some fuss over this issue in the UK recently.

CVG is usually pretty reputable. Well, there you go.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hmm hopefully the delay will not last six months like predicted.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Today, Sony of Austria told me they have end of August listed, but I guess that's wishful thinking...