Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WipEout HD delayed due to technical issue

PSN ID
    Axellink

Default WipEout HD delayed due to technical issue

There you have it lads. Ah shyte

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=191929

WipEout HD has yet to be released because of a "specific technical problem", but Sony hopes it will be out "before the end of the year".

"There is a specific technical problem with WipEout that we have to solve. I can't go into details but it is a really, really tricky technical problem that no region has been able to solve at the moment," Sony Europe boss David Reeves told us when we hassled him about the game's progress this week at LA.

"I think it will come out before the end of the year but it is something that was just very difficult to get to grips with."

Which is a shame, because WipEout HD looks great and we were pretty happy with it when we got to play around with an unfinished build a few months ago.

WipEout HD features eight tracks borrowed and spruced up from the excellent PSP games along with online multiplayer and the promise of downloadable content. It also aims to run at 60 frames-per-second in 1080p.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

Colin, have you any comment?Pleaaaaaase!!!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I don't think 60FPS/1080p is the problem as one user implied.

Maybe it's online debugging, maybe it's trophy support. But I'd rather SL take their time to work out the issues than release a buggy game. I think we all remember our reaction when told the DLC ships for Pulse wouldn't be available for use online. I don't want any more silly bugs like that in HD.

ColdRem'S: Colin has been very tight lipped about what's keeping the game off the e-shelves ever since we were told the game was "99% finished". Maybe it could change, but I know for certain the number's around 85-90% now.
    Last edited by RJ O'Connell; 17th July 2008 at 08:35 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -7

Classic Sony train wreck. Again. Unfortunately.

But as long as it is a "really, really, reaaaallly tricky problem honest" then I guess that's ok then.

Timezone
    GMT -7

Quote Originally Posted by ColdRem'S View Post
    Colin, have you any comment?Pleaaaaaase!!!
    Maybe nobody told him about it?

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

piper, Colin is part of the development team that is making WipEout HD, if I recall he is the lead designer of Pulse and HD as well. I think he would know about any issues with the game's development to this point, and if there is a problem he didn't know about, someone certainly would have told him.

Coincidentally, he's online right now and viewing this thread by the time I finish this edit.

Timezone
    GMT -7

Quote Originally Posted by RJ O'Connell View Post
    piper, Colin is part of the development team that is making WipEout HD, if I recall he is the lead designer of Pulse and HD as well. I think he would know about any issues with the game's development to this point, and if there is a problem he didn't know about, someone certainly would have told him.

Coincidentally, he's online right now and viewing this thread by the time I finish this edit.
    It was actually a joke based on the legendary lack of internal communication at Sony.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

/me cries =(

say it aint so..

When the head of Sony Europe says he cant go in to detail then you can hardly expect me to.

At least something has been said, it should end all the July 15th I mean 16th I mean 20th nonsense

Timezone
    GMT -7

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    When the head of Sony Europe says he cant go in to detail then you can hardly expect me to.

At least something has been said, it should end all the July 15th I mean 16th I mean 20th nonsense
    What about the 99% no 97% stop bothering me about it nonsense?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I don't think you should have said that...
    After all, he has no obligations to give you answers, and percentages like this are always estimates.

Suit yourself though, if you like whatever may come at you. :-

Timezone
    GMT -7

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I don't think you should have said that...
    After all, he has no obligations to give you answers, and percentages like this are always estimates.

Suit yourself though, if you like whatever may come at you. :-
    I don't see why anyone would be upset.

PSN ID
    Yasir_Said

i guess we'll all have to push pulse to the max...some more hope you can add some more stuff if it takes a long time to fix the technical problem

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    kanar

We can wait. I really want next gen games. I'm fed up with pc-like multi-platform games. I bought a ps1/ps2/ps3 to play awesome/third party games like wo-god of war-FF-MGS-shadow of the colossus=kind of dream, not Half life thing or mario thug life stuff. I believe in CELL processor. I want a GREAT wipeout HD. Kazunori Yamauchi said Gt5 in 2010, we can say we're lucky here!
    Last edited by kanar; 17th July 2008 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by piper999 View Post

What nonsense ?
    The game was almost finished
    An issue arose
    Its being fixed

I never said stop bothering me but I did find the posts along the lines of "OMG its out tomorrow my binman told me and its a 15gig install" a complete waste of everyones time.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I don't see why anyone would be upset.
    Oh, me either. I mean, I certainly don't take offense when someone thinks he knows more about what's going on with the game than someone who actually makes a living designing it. And I especially don't find anything wrong with taking a confrontational attitude with the aforementioned designer.

I'm sure you know everything about the delays and the bugs, and I'd really love to hear the truth about WipEout HD. Spill the beans!

[/HEAVY, BLATANT, OBVIOUS SARCASM]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Thanks for the info Colin. It's nice to know our speculation was way off the map.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ColdRemS

Well, Thank you Colin, as usual, you're here and you try your best...
    Don't pay attention to posts pretending to know when the game is released, this is just a way to kill some time...
    However, we're all (I guess) very disappointed by this (new) delay and it's getting harder and harder to stay patient, even more when there's such a bad communication by Sony.
    The most frustrating thing in this whole story is that we have no idea of how long we have to wait for: August? September? November?
    I assume Sony hasn't communicated about a date because even you don't know when the problem will be solved, but I'd prefer having a "far away" solid date rather than a vague "by the end of the year".

PSN ID
    Axellink

I think most people are just upset that the info had to be forced out of the Head of SOE. It was as if they were going to let it slide if no one had asked them. Man Sony really must be crazy if they can delay this game without anybody noticing.

But as usual, thanks Colin. Hope your boys and girls can fix the problem soon.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well at least now there is some infos, wonder what the problem is? The old crippled download ships bit? He said something no region has solved which makes me think it's some sort of issue with the online aspect?? Sure sucks ass that it might not be out till the end of the year, big time This entire generation is starting to suck ass on the delaystation. (Big time PS fan here, allegiance weakening daily.)

.... k so I'm not denying that I've thrown some heavy criticism at SONY myself, but thats SCE in general, I think though, that taking that kind of attitude towards the lead guy of HD is crossing the line, he doesn't have to post here remember?

Which sort of brings me to the next point, from what I understand it's not Colins decision to stay silent when a delay occurs, so the frustration from the lack in info should be guided elsewhere, I feel it also though, it's not hard for someone at Sony to announce the games is delayed due to technicalities or just say it's delayed for at least X months, other devs do it so I don't see what the excuse is.

It's a poor show that a gaming site had to prod for the info I bet Sony would have said jack **** for months to come otherwise.