Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goteki 45

Default Goteki 45

Why does everyone seem to hate the little yellow dumptruck? It's not my favorite ship, but I do think it gets unfairly picked on

Timezone
    GMT -5

Well, my guess is one reason would be the stats. Poor speed (at least Feisar is mobile as hell, as it always has been, and great thrust, although some attribute that to it having no speed to accelerate TO ), average mobility and thrust, and high shield...which, as far as I can tell in W3O, is actually a bad thing.

I'm not sure how SE differs from regular W3O, but in regular W3O all ships lose shield from hyperthrust at the same rate. However, ships with a lower shield rating regenerate it faster in pit lanes. So, not only does it lack the natural top speed to maintain the boost from hyperthrust - and be energy efficient in that sense - but it also takes much longer to regenerate in pitlanes thanks to the high shield. As far as I can tell, the only benefit from high shielding is that it'll take forever and a day to kill it in single race or eliminator.

So...that's my reason for disliking it. (if SE differs from regular in regards to hyperthrusting, then those who have played SE, feel free to correct me.)

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Hence their cynical racing tactics back in the day.

Of course, for a team that was so mediocre in-game, it's quite amazing how much exposure Goteki 45 recieved - it was the ship on magazine covers, and was even the namesake for a song in the game's soundtrack.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Albino: yeah but... if you're good, it doesnt matter how quickly or slowly your shield diminishes OR regenerates ;P

RJ: Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing a lot of them back when the game was being advertised... Which is retarded because it doesn't even visually seem to represent the attitude of the series in general.

I wish I remembered who said it up in Vermont at Al's, the "Flying Trashcan"

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

And they were battling AG-S and FEISAR in the game intro. And by battling, I mean exploding in reverse three-abreast.

Timezone
    GMT -5

The whole reverse thing doesn't make sense to me...we can't do that in Wip3out! Why can THEY?

AG-Wolf: I see what you're getting at.
    However, I think of it this way: Some say its the craft. Others would respond its the pilot. I've recently learned its BOTH.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Goteki was average in SE
    Goteki was clearly the best ship in Pure
    Goteki was one of the best ships in Pulse

A great ship in phantom, it just is so responsive. Best acceleration and good sheilds.

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    supersox

The whole reverse thing doesn't make sense to me...we can't do that in Wip3out! Why can THEY?
    I quote my old theory here...

It's a surreal vector graphics representation of ultimate state of speed no man or computer capable to process. The reality distorts around the crafts creating a four dimensional space which can be witnessed as a misplaced polygons on 2D-projection matrix of TV-set.

And as for Goteki45... well the looks make up for any negative things

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

woah woah woah...
    surely it's a surreal raster graphics representation of ultimate state of speed no man or computer capable to process?

"Goteki was average in SE"

You are being way too nice, it was gaga. Easily the second slowest ship

Yep, definitely the slowest W3O ship except for FEISAR.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    Goteki was clearly the best ship in Pure
    Sorry but it's wrong Kigo1987, Triakis is the supership for Pure ( off & online) by far.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Yes, it's definitely the Triakis which is the fastest craft in Pure, only because of a programming error - the Triakis loses way less speed through corners than all the other craft.

Auricom in Pure also has a slightly too high top speed.

Competitively however, you can't beat the Goteki 45's thrust in Pure if you are in a weapon heavy match.

I cannot comment on the g45 in w3o as I have little to no experience with it.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Hmm, so Triakis is only "powerful" because of an oversight? And I usually use Auricom but I never noticed they had a particularly high top speed... unless you mean in regard to their previous standing in the earlier games. It seems like the "attitude" of Auricom and Qirex were switched when they were making pure.... Qirex was supposed to be the heavy fast ship, and Auri was supposed to be the elegant and nimble balance. Qirex was nerfed when theyreleased Pure ;___;

G45 in WO3 sucks though, all around slow slow slow slow

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

To clarify, their actual top speed was too high compared to their stat for top speed.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Asayyeah View Post
    Sorry but it's wrong Kigo1987, Triakis is the supership for Pure ( off & online) by far.
    Haha cool, sweet the supership of Pure is the Australian built ship from Adelaide. Triakis is a nice cruizy ship to fly around just like most of the cars built here also. I put in SE a few days ago, i didnt acknowledged how slow of a ship Goteki really was. Damn good ship in Pure and Pulse though. Also hopefully good in HD also.

Timezone
    GMT -5

If the stats in HD are of equal importance as in Pulse (speed being negligible for the most part, acceleration being vital for online, etc.), then I assure you Goteki will remain quite the competitor in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Albino Ace View Post

AG-Wolf: I see what you're getting at.
    However, I think of it this way: Some say its the craft. Others would respond its the pilot. I've recently learned its BOTH.
    Well you can kind of... except instead of going backwards you can use a cheat, which in turn enables the Flip Track Option in Options, which basically reverses the track.

If you don't know what the cheat is, it's simple enter ya name as MIRROR

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

WipEout and Wipeout XL had a cheat code like that, it's called "Wipeout 64"

/offtopic

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Or you could earn the reverse tracks option in Wipeout 3 like a real player instead of cheaply cheating eh?