Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I a traitor?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Default Am I a traitor?

I gave in and bought Fatal Inertia EX... Sorry SL, if WOHD had come out first I would have never considered spending $30 on FIEX... even if they had come out at the same time I would never have bought FIEX... but... all this waiting, anticipation, and guessing... well, I had to get something to keep me occupied.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Na mate, who would blame you for getting fed up with waiting. That said, FIEX is pretty poor if you ask me so you must have been desperate!

Timezone
    GMT -7

This is why HD was delayed - to give FE a chance.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I wouldn't think so^
    According to Colin, WipEout HD is not entirely a finished product. That's why is was not released.

On topic: personally I think that's just 30$ wasted but it's just my opinion (And mostly everyone else's) about Fi EX... But it's your money, and we certainly cannot blame you for wanting to play an antigrav game so soon... We are all waiting as well.

Now that you have the game, make a review

Timezone
    GMT -7

The developers work to deadlines. They don't say to Sony "keep paying us until we finish and we don't know when we'll finish" and then have Sony say "don't worry about it - take your time".

The HD developer also pointed out that the final 1% was related to certifying the product as gold.

The release of the third party Fatal Inertia game absolutely affected the release of Wipeout HD.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Of course it did and the entire situation sucks ass. Fatal Inershit isn't even out on the PSN here yet, looks like more and more and more waiting but owning a PS3 it seems to the norm, a nice shiny console and a thin stream of software.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Hmm, what's that, 360? You have a ton of games already? Why yes, I like you too :3 C'mere you *hugs 360, whispering "it's okay, you still play Quantum Redshift"*

Damn Sony for scooping Psygnosis back up after WO on the Saturn and 64 At least they're working hardcore on WOHD since they KNOW it's gonna be met with lots of criticism and expectations. I'm still waiting another year or two to buy the monolit- I mean PS3. I still can't justify +400 bucks on a machine that only has two games I want (WOHD and WOps3), which aren't even out yet, and I don't even own an HD TV to really appreciate them on... THOUGH, I freakin WANT Speed Racer on bluray, and THAT might be reason enough to make me get an HDTV and a PS3. Let's see if they re-add backwards compatibility.
    Last edited by AG-wolf; 24th June 2008 at 08:11 PM.

"Damn Sony for scooping Psygnosis back up after WO on the Saturn and 64"

Sony already owned controlling interest in Psygnosis in 1993, well before WipEout was created.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Ahh, Fatal Inertia. The demo on the PS3 is way better than the demo on the Xbox. Still, I can't bring myself to pay money for it. It just seems like it'd be a waste. I'll let the PSP be my home for WO and just keep on waiting.

And to continue what you guys have discussed, the PS3 has a slew of games coming this fall that look pretty nice. Little Big Planet and Resistance 2 to name a couple.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

You really like nit-picking don't you?

point being, they were still relatively independent enough to have been able to publish games for Saturn and N64 at the time. As a matter of fact, I have a mid-90s issue of GamePro with a small article talking about some of their games landing on Saturn and how they were breaking from Sony's grasp at the time, but I don't feel enough of a need to rain on someone's parade as to really sift through all my old gaming magazines just to scan what it was talking about.

they made wipeout on a saturn?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Yeah, 1 and XL even. And some jackass set a time with this retarded controller called the RacCon that I can't even beat when I play it with a normal controller. Go figure, he spends five minutes with the damn thing and aces it. *cough*

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I have the original wipeout on the Sega Saturn.... I never knew that WipEout XL came out on the Saturn though... I will have to hunt that one down and add it to my collection.

As for a review of FIEX, I'll write one soon. I haven't completed the game yet, so if I wrote one right now, it might not be fair. But I am close to finishing the game and I'll be happy to come back and share my opinion.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Forget Fatal Inertia I'm playing a combo of Pure and......the black sheep of the series till the one I want gets here, PLAYSTATION 2 POWER!

are there any screenshots of wipeout on the saturn?

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I spent my antigrav-money on Wipeout 1 on PSN instead. And after playing the Fatal Inertia demo im satisified with that decision. =P

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Wip3ou7, metroid4me: 2097 was released in PAL territories, and XL was released in Japan.

boxart:
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/wipeout-xl/cover-art

Nothing really interesting about screenshots other than textures look grainier, transparencies on the ion trail, missile effects, etc don't look as good, and the framerate is noticeably lower. the NTSC version is still playable (sorry PAL guys, runs damn slow... even PAL 2097 on playstation is too slow for my taste). I was planning on making a video or two at some point but have yet to get around to it :3

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    Let's see if they re-add backwards compatibility.
    They never took it out, backwards compatibility is still in the 80GB model and the 40GB model up to some extent.
    The 80GB model will play all PS1 games (99%) and a grand majority of PS2 titles (estimates say around 85%).
    The 40GB model will also play all PS1 games, but will not play PS2 games at all.

The 60GB and 20GB were the less cost efficient, which is why they made an 80GB with half the components of the PS2 hardware, the other half emulated on Cell; in order to reduce production costs as well as give an viable option to people with PS2 games...
    The 40GB is a budget option for those who wish to only play PS3 games, as is has no chips of PS2 at all, and therefore cannot play PS2 games because the emulation for one chip has not been accomplished yet.
    Sure you may argue that they removed it from the 40GB, and while that is partly true, you still have the other option (80GB) if you wish to play PS2 games.
    But honestly, even though I have a 60GB PS3 with full compatibility (99% of PS1 and PS2 games), I find myself playing only PS3 games. I took a quick glance back at Monster Hunter on PS2 just to find out that the online servers were closed and I went on with PS3 games. Of course I didn't get the PS3 only for WipEout HD, and I'm playing other games in the meantime.

The release of fatal inertia has nothing at all to do with the release date of HD

I love how you can always shoot down wild speculation, Colin.