Thread: Am I a traitor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Default Am I a traitor?

I gave in and bought Fatal Inertia EX... Sorry SL, if WOHD had come out first I would have never considered spending $30 on FIEX... even if they had come out at the same time I would never have bought FIEX... but... all this waiting, anticipation, and guessing... well, I had to get something to keep me occupied.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Na mate, who would blame you for getting fed up with waiting. That said, FIEX is pretty poor if you ask me so you must have been desperate!

Timezone
    GMT -7

This is why HD was delayed - to give FE a chance.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I wouldn't think so^
    According to Colin, WipEout HD is not entirely a finished product. That's why is was not released.

On topic: personally I think that's just 30$ wasted but it's just my opinion (And mostly everyone else's) about Fi EX... But it's your money, and we certainly cannot blame you for wanting to play an antigrav game so soon... We are all waiting as well.

Now that you have the game, make a review

Timezone
    GMT -7

The developers work to deadlines. They don't say to Sony "keep paying us until we finish and we don't know when we'll finish" and then have Sony say "don't worry about it - take your time".

The HD developer also pointed out that the final 1% was related to certifying the product as gold.

The release of the third party Fatal Inertia game absolutely affected the release of Wipeout HD.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Of course it did and the entire situation sucks ass. Fatal Inershit isn't even out on the PSN here yet, looks like more and more and more waiting but owning a PS3 it seems to the norm, a nice shiny console and a thin stream of software.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I don't think your a traitor.
    Sony choose to delayed WOHD without any explications, so it had to be expected.

I tried several month ago the 360's demo, and despite the fact I still prefer the WO series, i must admit there is good ideas (weapon, off-road tracks, etc.). Moreover, the game plays a lot with the space between your ship and the ground (wich has almost disappeared since WO2097).

Well it still lack something, but for only 30$ (which for me doesn't cost a lot if converted to euro) I think you made a reasonnable choice.
    I still have some games to play with, but if that wasn't the case, I would have probably do the same.

PSN ID
    Axellink

Tried the demo of the game and I'm really impressed. I thought it would have been worst but it is a nice game to tide me till WOHD release. I need a couple of hours with the trial, but chances are, I will purchase the game.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

had a few hours of play with Fatal Inertia EX yesterday and here are just some of the pros and cons I can come up with off the bat

PROS

+ controls are nice, tight and responsive...although I am only using the Phoenix (I think thats the class name) class craft at the moment and it is responsive...this means when turning there is not at much sliding as WipEout (although I am still figuring the ins, outs and optimal method of piloting these crafts

+ some one on these forums mention that fatal inertia quite accurately depicts and focuses on the air cushion between the craft and the ground...and I agree...figuring out th nuances of flying these babies requires some understanding of the relationship of your craft, the surface and th air in between...I believe it is the 'float' feel that many of us has been searching for since 2097

+ graphics, very nice coming from the unreal engine...metals are slick, reflective and shiny, water is highly reflective and transparent, neons glow very nicely...lighting is realistic etc...what you'd expect from unreal...

+ physics, the damage on the crafts are quite nice...my left wing hits the side of a checkpoint, it bends, magnetic orbs attach to my craft which sends be flying into another craft, i bounce off it quite realistically...pretty accurate...once again...i think its unreal at work here...

CONS

- tracks...hmmm...what can I say...a little more linearity as to where I should be heading on the tracks would be quite nice...don't get me wrong...I like a good racer...but a good racer I believe focuses on the techniques I need to get from A to B and not focusing on where I should be headed for to get from A to B...

- some of the tracks are nice...but some are just too open...like a combination of all the open areas in Fusion put together, creating frustration in me as I try to figure out where I'm headed whilst battling off magnetic orbs and emp bombs...all in all...it's easy to get lost

- weapons...a little too focused on the defensive side than offensive...at least WipEout has a nice balance between offensive and defensive (about equal numbers I think), Fatal Inertia EX however focuses on crippling opponents with 'physics based' weapons which in a sense are more real, that will affect the physics of flight...eg...magnetic orbs that will weigh down your craft hindering control, emp bombs that will just shut down your ship altogether, turbos, time dilaters...the only really offensive weapon I believe is some type of rocket findagimy-thingamejig which does not even come close to packing the same punch as WipEout array of offensive, missiles, rockets, bombs, quake disruptors (one of the most innovative weapons in a racing game)

that's all I can think of for now...will get back to playing the game...the controls are tight enough to warrant some good hours put into it...but you'd have to learn the ins and outs of the tracks as they can get quite confusing at times...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I tested the carriere mode from the ps3 demo and i must admit that i was very disappointed. No challenge (finish 1st every time without seeing many enemies), weapons seem very defensive oriented like Orange said.
    I was thniking about paying 20€ to purchase de game in case I don't have any game to play, but I will think twice now.

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

Oh believe me, it gets MUCH harder I'm trying to go for the Perfectionist award which requires the full 40 points in all series, and the AI is driving me insane.

Also, the demo really isn't ideal for demonstrating the difficulty, as the Phoenix Prototype is supposed to be much better than all the other craft on the grid. You lose it at the end of the series and you have to race in your own custom craft.