Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CoLD SToRAGE HD

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Buying this right now, thanks for the reminder!

EDIT: Got it, and it's very good. I reccomend buying it. It may not be what everyone is expecting but it's good and still growing on me. I did some racing with it and it fits the game well.
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 14th October 2008 at 10:17 PM.

It's not bad material...just some of it doesn't really feel Wipeoutish to me.

I dont know...his sophmore album, Android Child, was a pretty huge letdown for me considering how good Melt was. I hope CT isn't losing its touch.

Maybe im loosing it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    ZenDJiNN

Loving it - Sounds really good. Great tunes & @ 256k quality is good too. It's hard to top a piece of Music like "Onyx" but this is growing on me the more i listen to it. At £4.99 for the download, most definitely worth it.

just gave the promo montage a listen on the cold storage site, the first half sounds 'different' the second sounds like it'll be really good for wipeout! i'll probably pick this up on pay day just as a huge fan, i don't own a psp/pulse anymore and only play hd now and then on a mates ps3 (as an old school wipeout fan, not too fussed by HD), so it'll just be for nostalgia and playing to halo 3 on the xbox probably (weird i guess, but that's all i really use personal soundtracks on at the minute!!!!)

i guess i could get in a ghost (fast alien anti gravity craft) and drive really fast on a forge (halo 3 level editor) map of a wipeout track or something!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

im a huge cold storage fan, loved his work in all the wipeouts, but im really sad to say this one doesnt do it for me . just something about it, cant quite figure it out

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    netsan

I don't understand your comments here.
    I love CS music since the first wipEout and I loved his both albums (though I prefer MeLT than Android).
    I really like this little mini album. I thing it really feels like old school wipEout to me.

update.

ok i bought it, here's my brief review:

1.Beseitigen - kicks in straight away and keeps going with a regular beat. it's ok.
    (8/10 - does the job)

2.Orchasm 8 - slowly builds, maybe good for zone actually. it's different and i can see some not liking it, but i really do and i love the wailing syth guitar sounds. not for phantom racing due to the pacing...if timing is your thing.
    (9/10 - one of the best, a bit different)

3.pencil kneck - a track that in my opinion should have started 50 seconds in, the intro is a tad anoying, after that i like it and it is close to onyx-ish in style. not too close, but close...ok
    (9/10 - another good one)

4.turbine - slow start, some male vocal over the top (very wipeout 1) then some weird flutes, odd indeed, then a kind of melodic flute sound over a faster back beat, slow intervals, more flute, then a weird break down, before the flute's return, a false end then it kicks back in to a bit more...end
    (5/10: not for racing to, too much variation)

5.xyz reboot - an intro you can dance the robot to, then (i'm not great with describing this type of music as you can probably tell) but it's kinda like an alien rave on a space level of some 16 bit megadrive game)
    (3/10: easily my least fav track)

6.'95 future echoes - slow build into that classic wipeout 1 beat behind the track, but not as good as most of the wipeout 1 one's, which is by no means an insult as it's pretty good.
    (8/10: it's good)

overall it's a mixed bag, and opinions will vary, it's nice to get some new stuff and that lost wipeout 1 track, but there's no Onyx and no Body in Motion on here, and due to modern wipeout games having such short tracks, you only hear some of the track, especially noticible on '95 future echoes.

having said that studio liverpool lost out not putting some of these in HD, because some of them are great. and Tim should be back for the next Wipeout as a lot of it tops stuff in pulse/HD!

i'd say if you're on the fence about buying it, just don't buy a couple of beers/some chocolate/some cigarrettes one day or whatever and pick this up instead, it's worth a listen and if you have pulse and HD you've got two games to try it out on!!! see which one works best, i don't have pulse anymore so can't do a comparison!

over and out.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    kiTTun

Cool

CoLD SToRAGE, WipEout's one and only Mr. wRight.

My list of things to do once my personal PC is back online simply keeps growing. At least it's a good list. XD

PSN ID
    Matthew197

I purchased the Cold storage hd last week, and imo, the tracks are okay but except the track "Pencil Neck", they are not as good as those from the very first WipEout.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

I just wish there'd be a different price for international buyers - $10 USD for a six-track EP seems a bit...well, yeah, it's CoLD SToRAGE, but it's still marked up at a high price.

XYZ Reboot was my most favorite one (especially its dramatic-like chorus and techno and robot-like sounds), then Beseitigen (some of its tunes are like Onyx but a little low) next is Pencil Neck (its beats are slightly fast and energetic.) then '95 Future Echoes (Yeah this so-called "lost track of the original WipEout" is just a fine one. This track soothes me up), 5th is Orchasm 8 (Some parts are like the ones that are from the guitar that is mostly used in rock songs and some of them are from Harmonica and a few drums) then my least favorite is Turbine (the male vocal voice at the start is bothering me. Some parts is like someone is screaming and some of them are creepy and sneaky with much drums).

I say this mini-album is just fine and a very good set of tunes to play within Wipeout HD especially Fury. This is truly recommended!!