Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pressure-sensitive D-Pad...

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

They are missing a lot, trust me : get one and you discover a complete new way of playing your precious ol'-good-Wipeout games

/ end of Negcon spam transmission./

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

get one and you discover a complete new way of playing your precious ol'-good-Wipeout games
    Hmm... after playing WipEout for 12 years with digital controls, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

PSN ID
    Curufinwe5503

I don't get playing Wip3out with the D-pad when the more precise analog stick is sitting right there unused.

I always found the spring of the analogue stick to be too weak; it tends to give either excess movement away from center position or insufficient movement back toward center, so it never felt precise to me, nor fast enough. I am basing this on my MadCatz dual-shock clone, the only one of the type that I have a lot of experience with.

If it had been a short stick with a stronger spring, in other words, like the Dreamcast controller [both OEM and MadCatz], I probably would have used analogue with WO.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Chrono11

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    . I am basing this on my MadCatz dual-shock clone, the only one of the type that I have a lot of experience with.
    That explains a lot. Mad Catz is the worst 3rd party peripheral developer. When I worked at Gamestop, I would recommend a better 3rd party company (like Pelican) every time someone tried to buy MadCatz.

The MadCatz Dreamcast controller is really excellent; I wish I hadn't broken it. Now I only have the three original SEGA Dreamcast controllers. They're very good but they don't have the wider angle of the 'handles', nor do they have the settable controls that can be reassigned no matter what the game allows.