Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clean HD racing video

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

sooo. i heard they are just dumping this whole HD gimmick and are just going to redo......WipEout XL HD! the video you have viewed was fake, SL has tricked you all

nah, just playing obviously...BUT, on the real, im totally stoked for HD WOOOOOOOOO!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

thanks for that video... downloaded it with my PS3 and it looks pretty nice... lots of wohd goodness and fairly clear most of the time... the zone portion of the video was exceptionally entertaining

PSN ID
    VHX1138: PSP, PS3, PS4, PS5, Steam

Yes... I think the Zone mode in HD is ****ing brilliant...

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

That vid was incredible! Zone in HD will be THE mode I spend most of my time in, without doubt. I thought Pulse's take on Zone was cool, but HD blows me away, seriously!

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by TheFrostE View Post
    sooo. i heard they are just dumping this whole HD gimmick and are just going to redo......WipEout XL HD! the video you have viewed was fake, SL has tricked you all
    A new XL with the same beautiful track and scenery design could be what the series needs, XL was closer to perfection than any other Wipeout, I'd even go as far as saying closer to perfection than any other game, ever.
    Of course, the mass market may not enjoy it, it may not sell well, but it would restore the faith that us, the fans, have lost in SL.
    Last edited by omega329; 3rd June 2008 at 03:13 PM.

PSN ID

Howabout the re-do of Wipeout XL and Wipeout 3 instead of Wipeout Pure and Wipeout Pulse next time?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

wipeout xl will go down in history as the TRUE wipeout

PSN ID
    Hellfire_WZ

The only gripe I've really got is the HUD in Zone mode, the score counter is absolutely COLOSSAL.

Other than that looks bloody amazing and I can't wait to see it in full HD

PSN ID

I didn't think about it before, but my guess from the sreamline is that these crafts are most likely to be using Plasma (star fuel) for fuel...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

why is there energy just chilling on the front of the pirahna ship? It looks like its charging a plasma bolt but its there for a very long time (much much longer than the time it takes to charge a plasma) and it never fires anything off....

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

I'll assume that it's a leech beam that you are referring to.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

No, its not a leech beam, there's no arc bridge between it and any other ship, there's just a vortex of energy swirling at the front of the ship, check it out closely

EDIT: The footage im referring to is from 1:20 to 1:50, during this whole time the pirahna ship has a strange vortex of energy at the very nose of the ship, and 30 seconds is far too long for any weapon to last.... also the charge never goes away, the player just overtakes the ship after about 30 seconds and you dont see it again
    Last edited by Wip3ou7; 19th June 2008 at 01:57 PM.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

There is the same effect in Pulse when you have a leech beam but don't fire it. It can stay there for as long as you hold the pickup.
    This is definitely a leech beam you're seeing.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

I have never noticed that in pulse
    Last edited by Task; 20th June 2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Quote removed

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

It's not as obvious as in HD but it's there. You'll see some swirling energy too

PSN ID
    Yagya

a few vids

these are probably old to you all, but i found some interesting things in the first two vids. one has free camera control (at least before the "GO") and the second shows barrel rolling (sometimes you see him waggling, but not pulling it off [either doing it wrong or it's not very responsive, like pulse can be]). when i get to the third the free camera control appears more like a glance left-to-right type thing; which might actually be more useful than complete cam control with analog. also looks like the track on the 3rd vid has visualization screens to go with the music. much like the vid posted in the first post, but instead of zone mode and equalizer bars, it's an actual race and it's a DNA style visualization.

note, that track is the track that the zone mode was done in, but it's in its actual setting, perhaps the reason for visualizations (if different).

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I played the preview build a while ago, and yes, you can swing the camera around with the right analog stick (kinda like PGR does it).
    And the track with busy visuals you are referring to is Anulpha Pass, it has a whole lot of billboards and lends itself to hypnotic visuals.

PSN ID
    Yagya

i like that a lot. the visuals that go with the music. i think it's amazing they're incorporating the music with the game on a whole new level now. so immersive

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    And the track with busy visuals you are referring to is Anulpha Pass, it has a whole lot of billboards and lends itself to hypnotic visuals.
    I'm just glad I didn't get the EU version plastered with enough Puma Red to make my eyeballs explode. The whole Delta League is like that.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

yeah well. honestly, I didn't mind it that much in Pure (small screen and all), at least it granted the fact that those track packs were free.
    Having a branded track like that in HD though - ouch.