Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Berry View Post
    you know last month when I said it was less than one gig

I wasnt lying

It is less than 1 gig
    So Mr Colin Berry what the exact file data size of the Wipeout HD game? Any chance of giving us a confirmed release date? Also tell me straight off will the 15th of July be a significant date?

PSN ID
    ByteHawk

week of 15/7 = fatal inertia release in EU
    there is little chance Sony's going to put Wipeout up at that date too

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by KIGO1987 View Post
    So Mr Colin Berry what the exact file data size of the Wipeout HD game?
    There seems to be a fascination with this that I've missed, jeez it's less than a gig, who actually cares about the exact size?? What potential use could anyone have for such apparently useless information?

"It's 978 MB"..................and???

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Oh God I hope it is more like 879MB rather than 978 MB. That would be terrible...

So Mr Colin Berry what the exact file data size of the Wipeout HD game? Any chance of giving us a confirmed release date? Also tell me straight off will the 15th of July be a significant date?
    It is clear that an answer to the first question is useless, and there is also an implication that his statement is a lie, hence the demand for exactitude.

Of course there is no chance of a confirmed date. Another useless and harrassing question.

Who are you to demand an answer, especially to such a vague question where its meaning is implied rather than directly stated.

In my opinion, that is an uncivilised and insulting post; it is full of disrespectful attitude to someone who deserves considerable respect for work and dedication. See to it that you do better in all of your future posts.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

The goal there was not to demand an answer at all; they were simple questions any consumer would ask for before purchasing a product. As I am interested in this product.

I don’t go out of my way to create uncivilised and insulting posts full of disrespectful attitude, which achieves nothing. I read my posts multiply times before posting them. That is not an offensive or a disrespectful post it had language that could have foreseen as offensive due to its direct, simplicity nature. But I repeat myself that was not intended to create any disrespect to Mr Colin Berry. I believe my wording was direct at worst, but I was certainly not demanding anything, they were just simple questions that many other people would ask also. I am not going to continue, but i am going to conclude it there, that is all.

Its less than a gig, I wont give an exact file size as its still subject to small changes and is rather pointless information at this stage

There is currently no set release date

I am sure the 15th of July is a significant day to some, its bound to be someones birthday for starters, for me... well its next Tuesday... hrm... I dont know, it might be lasagne day in the canteen which would be good. Which reminds me - Rob since you left, I dont think meatloaf has been on the menu once, I think they retired the dish in your honour

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Thanks Colin. Those questions where on my mine thats why i posted them on one of my old threads. Thanks for the answers.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Mr Berry, your posts are a real treat!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It could be useful information if one has already almost filled their HDD prior to the game hitting the e-shelves.

Can't imagine how one would accomplish that feat, though. o_o'

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Most games install files on the hard drive nowadays. If people played ALOT of games, they could have many many installed files on the hard drive.

Give me strength!

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

If anybody does'nt know this already. The official download file size of Wipeout HD is;

998MB

If you've got a really slow net speed, something like at 256k, like i (25-28kbs transfer rate). The download will take between 11 to 12 hours. So half a day. So be prepared to leave to console on and leave the house for a while and do something during the mean time. Because shes gonna take ages.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Hehe I was quite close with my 978MB MB assumption xD

We should listen to what Colin says.

And to what he doesn't say. He seems to be accurate either way.

[guesses on the math, being too busy right now to fire up the mental calculator or the computer ones or the independent ones] Even with the pre-load file added to the main download, it still comes under 1 Gigabyte, yes? [when we're counting true binary account rather than hybrid decimal byte-counting]

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yes. Lance you should be able to download the preload file (100kb) in under ten minutes The rest of the game though... :O

I cannot currently meet the other download-speed-unrelated conditions, so the slow connection doesn't even matter. Yet.

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

Any idea what the size of the DLC packs would be?

Timezone
    GMT + 2
    PSN ID
    Tomeru

Judging by the size of the game - not much, which is a good thing. I am still amazed to this day that the full game is so thin in MBs considering what is going on screen

Timezone
    GMT + 8
    PSN ID
    KIGO1987

God there is some stupid and funny posts on this thread

How big you recon the DLC packs would roughly be?