Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate WipEout Soundtrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Well guys I'm working on creating a comprehensive soundtrack for WipEout HD which will include all the musical tracks ever included in every wipeout game.

If someone already beat me to this, please let me know, but I will try and make it available to anyone who personally requests it (or parts of it) from me.

If I'm not allowed to "do" this here, by all means please let me know and I will cordially retract this post.

I thought it would be a great idea since we now have custom soundtracks in WipEout HD and Pulse (hmm, Pure had custom music too didn't it?) I'll edit this post in the future with a complete list of the songs as I get them all organized and such.

Getting some of the music (like from Pulse, Pure, Fusion and 64) might be difficult... any help would be appriciated.

------------

Please forgive the double post, but I didn't want to create another thread on a topic that is so similiar....

I'm sure you PS3 owners (and the dev team for wipeout) are aware that SONY has started selling game soundtracks on the PSN... The debut soundtrack was from the PixelJunk Monsters game, and I think that making all the soundtracks from the WipEout games available for purchase on the PSN would be a really cool idea! Just food for thought.
    Last edited by Lance; 26th May 2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts by same author. Please read the guidelines and abide by them.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

The majority of the pulse songs (the good ones) are already on the hd soundtrack. None of that 'sea of sound' rubbish . If you search the forum, there is music from the previous games, i think the thread was in the fusion section.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I already have all of them, except for WipEout 64 which I was not able to find.
    Right now I have 102 tracks totalling 578MB. I think I have all from WipEout, WipEout 2097/XL, WipEout 3/3SE, WipEout Fusion, WipEout PurE, WipEout PULSE, WipEout HD. I will have to recheck to be certain, but I know I don't have anything from 64.

64 features such gorgeousness as "Goodnight Lover" from Fluke

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

54 tracks:
    - complete wipEout soundtrack
    - complete wipEout 2097 soundtrack
    - complete wipEout 3 soundtrack
    - selection of wipEout Fusion soundtrack
    - selection of wipEout Pure soundtrack
    - selection of wipEout Pulse soundtrack
    - selection of Prodigy tunes

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I was jamming out to the Blue Room Release "Made on Earth" double disc set last night. Absolutely amazing Wipeout tunes. Just a sweet beat without many mixups to distract.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    BitWinter

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by eLhabib View Post
    54 tracks:
    - selection of wipEout Fusion soundtrack
    I know the hard way...but is there an easy way to get the fusion tracks over ?

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Quote Originally Posted by Wip3ou7 View Post
    Well guys I'm working on creating a comprehensive soundtrack for WipEout HD which will include all the musical tracks ever included in every wipeout game.
    You realize there was a limit of 30 tracks for Pulse yeah? HD might have a limit too.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

No I wasn't aware that there was a limit for how many tracks you could use, but I would assume that the PS3 being a little more potent than the PSP would perhaps allow for more than 30.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Well I'd like to think so too but you never know!

It would be great to fit the entire wipeout back catalogue in as a custom soundtrack, but HD`s music and custom soundtracks really must also have the option to play continuously and not always from the start of the race. SSHD does it, Wipeout 3 did it, so Wipeout HD has to do it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

really? I like it way more when the music kicks in as soon as the race starts. In the menus I need the more relaxing loop tune to calm down after a heated race...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    You realize there was a limit of 30 tracks for Pulse yeah? HD might have a limit too.
    HD should not have a limit because Super Stardust HD does not have a limit and can access the entire hard drive through the custom soundtrack menu. HD will be able to do the same, since the application is developed by Sony, and can be included in any game. Liverpool doesn't have to program it for HD, it is already done...

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Sweet like chocolate! Me PS3s about to get a lot more musical

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

*gets ready to upload old goa/psytrance cds to the ps3*

can't wait to race to the tunes of man with no name...teleport

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Ok I now have the W'O" 64 music tracks, many thanks to lunar (Is the guy really called PC Music? Seems a bit odd... On Wikipedia it says CoLD SToRAGE did those musics...) and I've found a few that were missing from the other games (God's Gift from CoLD SToRAGE (WipEout 2097/XL) and Papua New Guinea from Future Sound of London (WipEout Fusion)). I won't put in the four short tracks by CoLD SToRAGE because they're not really long enough to be worth it (Those tracks are phloem xenon xylem and argon and are less than 40 secs (WipEout 2097/XL)). All that is left to do is some ID3 editing and it should be complete.

EDIT: I believe my collection is complete, so if anyone wants it send me a PM (It's 642MB though) [Offer removed, do not send PM about it anymore]
    And if you see anything missing, please tell me so I can find it and add it

___Click to enlarge

Note: I have left those labeled as made by PC Music as is, so until you tell me it is actually CoLD SToRAGE who did them it will be left that way.
    Last edited by Darkdrium777; 15th September 2008 at 11:00 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 10

Default Best custom music for WO HD

Any ideas?
    I personally love listening to Chemical Brothers, and CoLD SToRAGE.
    Infected Mushroom also sounds amazing.

by the way, for those who don't already know ...
    http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/music.html

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I think old(95-98 ) goa trance works great. Its fast and its electronic and its ****ing good all at the same time. ^_^

Shakta, Dimension 5, Transwave, Ra, Chi A.D, Hallucinogen, Etnica, Pleiadians, Electric Universe, Miranda, Astral Projection and so on. But it has to be the old music, some of these artist makes new less good music nowadays.
    Last edited by Skvall; 27th September 2008 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Removed unwanted smileyface. And reason for making this comment is because i wanted to try to make a edit-comment. :]

Timezone
    GMT + 1

I mostly listen to modern (french) electro / house music, good stuff idd

Don't we already have a thread for this?

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4932