Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pirhana, phantom...D-Pad!!!!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

Default pirhana, phantom...D-Pad!!!!

got my first two videos up of talons reach and spils today with my d pad skills, sorry for the quality but it was kind of spur of the moment.

PS- i know they arent amazing, but keep in mind its with the d pad, so i tried my best

http://youtube.com/user/travisfrosty
    Last edited by TheFrostE; 22nd May 2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: link add

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

welp I know what I'm doin later with my day off Ill have to watch these after I wake up otherwise I'll never get to sleep...

I won't be able to watch your video because the school where I am at blocks youtube.

On a side note, You guys seriously need to get Negcons before the tourney next year

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Thumbs up

That's pretty good Travis.
    I'm quite sure you're better at Pirhana Phantom WOXL than I am. 8 )

I always preferred the Qirex. It may be a brick, but it's reliable. None of that "twitchy" that I have such difficulty with... 8 D

I'll be tackling the WOXL again at some point though... With my new black neggie! Perhaps then I'll learn how to really fly the twitchmonster.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AlbinoAce

Unhappy

Unfortunately, I suffer the same fate as Al a couple of posts up. School blocks youtube. School sucks.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Is there a reason why Piranha doesn't pickup any weapons?

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Yeah, there is.

The Pirhana chassis is very aerodynamic and streamlined, there's only so much room inside it for engines, shield, and ammunition. They used the most powerful engine there was, with the strongest shield generator, and that really filled up the chassis.
    The engineers actually had to modify the chassis several times in order to actually fit the engine in, and that was after several rounds of optimization and redesign of the engine itself so that it was even possible.
    Once they had that in (priority #1) then they had serious issues trying to fit ammunition reloads in the craft, there just wasn't the room. Not only that, but adding the weapon mounts seriously affected the aerodynamic profile and really reduced the top speed of the ship. Have a look at the 5th stage race test results, you'll notice how much slower the lap times are, and that the top speed had dropped by more than 50 mph.
    By that time they'd aquired a new Propulsion Engineer with a radically different engine design in the works, but it was months from completion. It was that engine that would eventually power the Piranha II in 2098, but there was no way it could be ready for 2097, and there was no way they were going to miss another year due to technical delays.
    So an executive decision was made to leave out all weapons systems entirely and focus on getting the craft in the race.
    And there was much rejoicing.
    In the end, their revolutionary "AG plate control system" was exactly as overwhelmingly powerful as they'd thought it would be, and they completely dominated until their new control system was banned from the F5000, which as we all know lead to such uproar and outrage that the F5000 eventually shut down.

... Or was that not the kind of answer you were looking for?
    8 )

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

ya AL , i still don't have a playstation...modded or regular US. so i ve been playing my wipeout solely on PSP and pc emulator, which means i use my six axis ps3 controller. i cant do that with a negcon even if i had one...i just NEED a modded playstation, that would be great...heck even two with a link cable so i can multiplay here.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Task > Not really but I guess it's enough xD

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

If you want the straight forward answer, it's game balance. Uber fast craft WITH weapons? No thanks