Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something Irritating?

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

Before you complain about the voice quality, I imagine that they are still place holders. eg. the 3,2,1 doesn't seem synced with the banner.
    Maybe cannon should be a logo warning only? Because that one is imo a little annoying to hear CANNON! CANNON! just because the enemy have fired one shot.

I agree - a lot of the warning calls (or screaches!) could be dealt with a bit more imaginatively. I also would prefer a more subtle Wipeout3-esque computer voice.

I really liked the mines warning beacon sound effect from Pure. Especially the cool doppler effect as you flew past them! That was a piece of genious. Sadly seems to have been dropped for HD.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Oh, yeah, that was excellent! They really handled that perfectly.

Darkdrium, which voice is "bad" -- the woman announcing what's coming at you? I think only the cannon should be ignored -- one little bullet isn't going to kill you, whereas you really need to know if a disruptor or leech beam is pointed at you. (How do you decouple yourself from a leech beam that's been fired at you?)

If they were going to eliminate the announcing and just use sound effects, what could they do? Pure had a great effect for the mines; same with the clang of the bomb, though we'd need something to alert us to an already-dropped bomb that's ahead of us. Maybe it could beep in a distinctive manner. And the disruption and other beams could have a louder, more noticeable crackle.
    Last edited by Lance; 30th May 2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Redundant quotation removed.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Darkdrium, which voice is "bad"?
    It's not the voice that's bad, it's the idea of having two voices constantly chatting and so one might cut out the other. Since one voice already cuts out on itself (As I said earlier, I could care less for the ****ing Cannon bullet hitting the ECS behind me, but more of the Quake and Plasma being charged up [NOTE: This has happened, and pissed me off so ****ing much of the stupid Cannon bug]), having two voices is a idea. :-

PSN ID
    AVENGER2197

I have to agree with Dark on this one. Two voices would be waaay too much. I also think that if an AI is firing a weapon along side you(depending on type), it should not be announced like it's going to hit you either. It makes racing a tad annoying.