Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wipeout HD Price

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyCurly View Post
    Fair comment, but none of the EU ps3's had the PS2 hardware, only the software emulation which aint great.
    The 60Gb does indeed contain some PS2 chips, but not the full compliment like the US 80Gb does. I didn't hedge my bets - I got a 60Gb the month they announced the 40Gb was replacing it.

A fair price for HD for me, Arnaud, would be £14.99, although to be fair I doubt I'll buy HD at any price.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

how come you not buying HD then Rob, you know something we don't or are you refering to the fact that you will not have to pay at all?

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

Happy 4000th post, infox

I would by HD if the price is less than £20, My mum would be very annoyed otherwise.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Ps2 backwards compatibility:

20GB/60GB US - Full GPU and CPU hardware
    80GB US/60GB EU - GPU Hardware and CPU Emulation
    40GB - Nothing

Now we got that straightened out. =P

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyCurly View Post
    how come you not buying HD then Rob, you know something we don't or are you referring to the fact that you will not have to pay at all?
    I just don't want it - I've explained it elsewhere before on the forums, but the game that WipEout has become just isn't for me. Right now I have a raft of PS3 games I can be playing - heck, last night I was playing SOCOM Confrontation for a while and that's a PS2 game, so I'm in no rush to buy a game I don't want or need.

Essentially: Barrel Rolls + Sickening Speed Pad Zoom Effect = No purchase for me.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Yep, Sony straighten us EU customers out good and proper!!!

TBH, I don't really care, upscale all you want, PS1 and PS2 games look pretty cac on 42 inch screen. I didn't buy a PS3 to play PS2 games anyways, but my gripe would be the way us UK / EU dudes are treated differently.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Rob, I undertsand with the barrel rolls, never been a fan of those, rather just race.

I have not played teh game so I canlt comment on the other elements. Sorry for making you repeat yourself, not been on here for a while, got bored or sore hands on the PSP versions.

You are right about lots of other games too with more to come (I can't wait for Little Big Planet) I don't seem to have the time anymore, but then I guess running a company, getting married and having kids will do that

I don't know if I will ever buy HD; I don't own a PS3 yet because of the ridiculous high price. I can't see paying more than 30 $U.S. for the game.

I prefer the Nintendo approach to game hardware: make a game console instead of a total home media system. I think it even helps keep the cost of the games themselves a bit lower. If they owned the Wipeout series, I suspect we would get much fairer distribution and pricing. But of course, they don't. "Them's the conditions that prevail." - Jimmy Durante

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Quote Originally Posted by Skvall View Post
    Um, you sure about that?
    Yes. WipEout HD has 8 tracks, 8 ships and 8 players online racing. That's it.
    GT5p has over 60 cars, 5 tracks, and up to 16 players online racing I believe, as well as this GT5 TV thing. Warhawk granted has only four maps (If I recall correctly) but a ton of alternate layouts for these maps, online only but is 32 players online with many vehicles and weapons. And thus chaotic action.
    Therefore, like the 1Up guys said: 30$ is ok, 40$ is a bit too much (Especially if DLC's price will be outrageous like the Pulse packs), but if they do it at 20$ that is really cool.
    I do hope they do not place the price to high because this game is highly anticipated by non fans of the series, and if the price is too high WipEout may never be able to completely rise from it's ashes once more like we all hope it does. SL must realize that WipEout HD only is the game that can save them completely and help them gain a new fan base. (We all know Pulse tanked, and we are the only ones who bought it without question because we are fans of the series) If they don't, they will price it too high and only us here on the forum may get it because we like WipEout, but the other non fans out there will not because the price will be a barrier.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Oooh that went down like a lead balloon. Perhaps that was OTT my apologies. You hear speculation that the price could be £30 which is clearly overkill and I loose my sense of rational thinking instantly, its obviously a weakness I have, gotten me into trouble in real life as well not just on the forum here.

However, why wouldn't I believe this? After what they did with the packs and its Sony so. It's not a question of me personally feeling its too much I will pay whatever they want, but these stupid casual gamers that they seem so desperate to cater for aren't going to cough that sort of cash up, especially when theres an extreme lack of promotion for the game and they have no idea whats in it.

Why do these people have to do this to my game? Go away and screw around with Motorstorm already.

Quote Originally Posted by infoxicated View Post
    Posting stuff like that is the prime reason that developers avoid fan forums like the plague. Who would want to put their head above the parapet when they'd be routinely exposed to over-the-top reactions from fanboys?
    I thought it wasn't the devs that set the prices? I find it hard to believe the guy that does would ever visit a fansite, do they even play the game? Nevertheless, point taken, shame felt.

I can't be the only one who round here would be Uber-pissed if the series ended due to arsehole pricing though.

RR: Perhaps OTT? Perhaps?
    Not your finest moment. I often find myself in agreement with your opinions [but not always], but I often find myself in diSagreement with the way they're stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I prefer the Nintendo approach to game hardware: make a game console instead of a total home media system. I think it even helps keep the cost of the games themselves a bit lower. If they owned the Wipeout series, I suspect we would get much fairer distribution and pricing. But of course, they don't. "Them's the conditions that prevail." - Jimmy Durante
    I agree. I like my PS3, but the price of it did sting. Personally I'd love a console with similar capabilities to a Gamecube/Wii, but focussed towards online console gaming; racers, fighting games, that kind of thing... although I suppose I could do that kind of thing with my computer if I put a bit of effort in.

Back on topic, I presmued HD was going to be around £20, just because of the price of Warhawk and Tekken 5 DR. Being honest I'm sure I'll pay more if they ask for it, though.
    Last edited by jmoid; 22nd May 2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: grammar

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Considering that I bought a PS3 specifically for the next Wipeout back in the day, I have technically already paid over $650 for Wipeout HD. I think Wipeout is definately worth $20-$30 at its core. I would gladly pay $65 for a full blown wipeout game. ****, for WipEout i'd drop $100 on a collectors edition bluray version without even thinking about it.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

Considering the followings hypothesis :
    - "Only" 8 tracks at the begining (I suppose more will come but like Pulse (and not like Pure) it won't be free) which were enhanced from previous versions ;
    - no physical support, distribution charges, etc. ;
    - no possibility to re-sell the game as "used".

So IMO, the game should not be sold more than 30€. Otherwise, I won't buy it (but i'm sure plenty of people will buy it anyway).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

i'm definetly with Wip3ou7 on this one. lets burn some holes in our pockets for HD!!!!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I think the extra content will burn a huge hole in the pocket, if the prices are set by the same twat as last time.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

I think that all the new features describe in the TVG articles will raise the price up. I Hope it won't go over 39,9€ (like GT5P).