Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout HD Price

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Default Wipeout HD Price

Now lets see what you are all prepared/expect to pay for HD, in it's original form not including any possible downloads, state the price in your own currency (obviously ) it might be helpful if you do a little conversion or 2 for the benefit of others, I will put my price in what I think are the 3 main currencies so to speak.

I would expect it to be in the region of say £19.99-£22.99 something like that, anymore and your going to kill the series Sony cos no one is going to pay ridiculous rates for an 8 track game, I fear the price won't be sensible after what I saw you do with the Pulse Packs.

Word of warning to the suits at Sony, you kill our game with your ****ing greed, you better hope no one from here learns the identity of the price setter or his/her life could be at risk if certain people get their hands on such info, you have been warned

Estimates going by current exchange rates, keep in mind the US will possibly end up getting HD cheaper cos thats the way it seems to work.

£19.99
    $38.00
    €25.00

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

Please don't go threatening people, that's just not cool, even if it was all meant to be good fun...

As for the price point of HD, I guess it will come in at about 30 euros. Personally, I'd pay even 50, but that's just me and my personal addiction Haven't bought a game since Guitar Hero 3 anyway...

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

i don't care what it costs, i am buying it

PSN ID
    Axellink

LOL £20 quid would be fine and dandy. But this is the UK, so I'm expecting £30

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I wouldn't go for 40$ unfortunately since it is not as complete as Warhawk or GT5p. I'd say half of that, 20$ gladly, 30$ is OK. 40$ is too much, especially if some DLC will come and will not be free...

Short of having to sell my nearest and dearest into slavery I`d pay whatever they asked, probably, but then in my case you`re not dealing with an objective person where this series is concerned. But even if we on this site all pay £50 for it Sony won`t make much money. To someone who can take HD or leave it and play something else, i.e. most gamers, the price really has to be attractive and they wouldn`t tolerate what some of us would.

It would be nuts to charge any more than £20/30 euros, and even that would seem too high to many people. Something like £12.99 or hopefully even less would shift a lot of downloads, then reasonably priced DLC would help build the franchise. In my opinion, that sort of price point is what would appear reasonable to rational people (meaning non-addicts).

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

Yeah, I'm not a good indicator for what Wipeout HD is worth either, because I'd pay $50 or $100 for it. I don't buy much software and I am willing to go all out for something I really want. But no way will most folks pay more than $30 USD.

So do we have any indication (or, well, guesses) about how Sony will handle the reality that not everybody will end up purchasing all of the DLC? I am pretty worried that there will be great inequality in terms of what folks actually have on their PS3 to play with...

PSN ID
    mdhay_wz

SL don't have a say in the price, but it should be under a £tenner ;)

And I'm sticking with that. rin

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    Assimilator69

I'll Pay any price $59 AU is norm for PSN title here in Australia

Full release games are usualy $99 AU

if there are going to be $10 upgrade packs coming out then then $59 would be my preference

But i'll pay what ever!!!!

I must have this Game at any cost, it's the reason I bought my PS3 back in december.

Gimmy now god damn it

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdrium777 View Post
    I wouldn't go for 40$ unfortunately since it is not as complete as Warhawk or GT5p.
    Um, you sure about that?

I think maybe around 30€ is good and 40€ too much.
    Warhawk is at 30€ now right? How much did it cost when it was released?

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

I can see it being £24.99, same as GT5P tbh. GT5P has 6 tracks (5 in the JPN orignal before Xmas version.), the offline is not very big, online is not very good, not private lobbies, friends filters, etc etc. I really can't see it being any less then £24.99, that said, I would pay double that for 8 tracks with online private lobbies.

Don't see the point in making death threats mate btw, Sony, MS whoever, they always shaft their customers (even more so us in the UK), been doing it for years and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

Make that EU.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Word of warning to the suits at Sony, you kill our game with your ****ing greed, you better hope no one from here learns the identity of the price setter or his/her life could be at risk if certain people get their hands on such info, you have been warned
    Come on, Stephen, get a grip - that's a completely ridiculous thing to say, even in jest.

It's entertainment - ultimately, the market will set the price and nobody is forcing you to pay for it. I'd expect a daft comment like that from a 13 year old newbie, not someone who has been around for years.

Posting stuff like that is the prime reason that developers avoid fan forums like the plague. Who would want to put their head above the parapet when they'd be routinely exposed to over-the-top reactions from fanboys?

You're certainly going the right way about making sure people within Sony think twice about posting here, and trust me - six years of biting my tongue over posts like yours has taught me that it's best not to even bother.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

Apologize Foxxy that came from me, this story, don't blame RR for overreacting.
    Actually we were talking through msn relating a french rumour about price of HD = 39.99 Euros
    I said 40 euros with maybe DL packs for a global of 20 euros that gives 60 euros roughly the price of a blue ray brand new...
    I respect Sony same for SL but i find that price scandalous if this comes true.
    If they wanted to make money why did they not port Pure on DVD playable for ps2 ( current best sony console sales), hopefully Pulse will be ( too late?).
    I told RR a psychological price need to be found : what's yours? mine is 20 euros for the 8 tracks if they want to cover a wide range of ps3 owners ( not specially the die hard fans from here) who got internet connexion.
    I know WZ members who already own a ps3 will buy it at any price, i understand them , just to tell Sony i don't own a ps3 and prefer to wait for the 80 Go + DS3 when it will be released in France even it's end of summer, HD will wait.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Watcha Asayyeah,

It's a real shame you are not going to play HD from day one, surly with the amount of your life you have poured into this game Sony or SL should buy you one as a thank you!

I woudl not worry about the 80 version, you can swap disks with ease on the PS3, it takes standrad SATA laptop drives and they even give you details in the manual on how to do this, and it does not effect your warranty.

Also, the PS3 is a good controller, better weight the the SIXwhateveritscalledAXIS, you can import these though mate, thats what I did with my JPN GT5P last year, the rumble is there but I don't think it's as strong as the old PS2 DS2.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

The 80GB Ps3 plays Ps2 games. So its not just about 20GB more space. And it has 4USB and memorycard reader like the 60GB had i think.

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

Fair comment, but none of the EU ps3's had the PS2 hardware, only the software emulation which aint great.

As for the 4 usb ports, get a cheap little usb hub, this is more tidy anyway as all the ports are on the front and cables end up everywhere, I run a single lead under the ps to a hub tucked out the way to keep my front room setup nice a wife freindly, I mean wire free!

Also, I have a 60 and 20 gb, the 20 gb is soooooo much quieter then the 60. If you are using the PS3 as a blueray and dvd player too (it's a very good upscaler for thise with HD tv's) then I would recommend the 20 gb.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

I guess you mean 40GB because 60GB and 20GB sounds about the same.

And yes that is a plus for the 40GB. =)

PSN ID
    CurlyPutz

yeah 40gb, 2 usb, no backward compat, even though is via software in the EU, go figure!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

Hmmm, a fair price for Wipeout HD on the PSN.

8 tracks. Well, Pulse was on the PSP and was 12 tracks at $30 USD.

So I'm willing to bet that HD is $20 USD and add on packs will be about $3 to $5.