Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: psp to tv component cable

yeldar2097 is offline WipEout HD Cup - Quarter Finalist Veteran Pilot

has anyone tried doing it through a laptop?
    i know you have to force it through all the hardware etc... but in theory can it be done?

yes i did just buy a psp and pulse on ebay

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Awesome, yeldar, hope we'll race sometime real soon! (Maybe tonight? )

You can do it on laptop. You need remotejoy lite (I didn't succeeded in it, I'm on linux, and it's quite tricky to get it working)

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Note that Windows 32bits is needed, Remote Joy lite does not work on Windows 64bits. Custom firmware is also required.
    After, you need only to activate the plugin and use the USB cable.
    If you wish to use the component cable on a laptop, I'm afraid it's impossible, unless by chance your laptop has a TV tuner or a video input. Most laptops only have video outputs.

thanks DD777 and archman
    my laptop has an antenna socket and an HDMI port if that helps??

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Look up the model number on the internets to see if they are outputs or inputs. I'd say the antenna is an input, it's weird to have one as output. Not the best cable though, and I don't know if you can feed the PSP in with it (maybe it will require a million adaptors).

i think its an input, not sure about the HDMI, probably output. i'll check in greater detail

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TheEchthroi

I have a big screen and I had bought a component cable because I thought it would make playing it a little better; it didn't for me. My eyes burned more than they did watching my psp screen, and I seemed to have crashed WAY more.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I play better using those cables, weird... Controls seem tighter and I don't oversteer as much.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    TheEchthroi

I played it on my flat screen and didn't like it too much. I even crashed more for some reason. I think it was just because I wasn't used to playing it on a larger screen.

The one thing I liked about playing it on the bigger screen, was because the speakers on the TV really made it sound better. Every time I got any sort of speed boost, I was like HOLY !!!

I don't know I might try it again eventually but, last time I did, I got more of an eye strain playing it on there than I did on my PSP screen. D:

PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Question

Quick question: when you use one of these, can you still see the gameplay on the PSP screen as well as the TV?
    The reason I ask is that I want to record Pulse online into my laptop through a USB video capture device, but don't want to play with the latency I'd imagine this causes.
    Cheers!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    arch595esc

Alex, I tried using RemoteJoy, and I've seen the picture on both the psp screen and on laptop. But unfortunately, my remotejoy on linux gets frozen everytime psp tries to communicate with the memory card...so...**** it...

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

Yep, that RemoteJoy doesn't work when the PSP saves or loads from the memory card. You have to use IRShell and RemoteJoy for IRShell. This one can save and load, and you won't have problems anymore.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Viva_Hatuey

Default SDTV problem

Quote Originally Posted by AG-wolf View Post
    Kanar; one small note, it won't work on an SDtv. The PSP's LCD screen utilizes a progressive-scan signal to display its picture, and although the PSP dashboard can display an Interlaced image, it can't do it when you're playing a game. I don't know if it's to save processing power or what, but it sucks I had initially only re-bought the PSP so I could use it on my TV, but since it's not 480p-capable, I was out of luck.
    Hi,

What you need is a VCR or DV-R with component in. That ought to solve your troubles. I can't wait to get a PSP slim... 37inch lcd tv here I come...

Cheers,
    Purist284
    Last edited by purist284; 16th May 2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Signed off with my real first name... lol. DUUUH.