Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse on PS2 now official!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    WZ_Task

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier Racer View Post
    Ever since Pulse was announced it bugged me as to why they were putting it on PSP? Is there no more online for PS2? Did they just think about making more money off downloads? Whats the reason?
    The PSP was an easy way to enable 8-person multiplayer. You might note that there's no online for Pure, it's only ad-hoc. It's the best way to do multiplayer, very reliable. PSP is the only way you can get that kind of good multiplayer going.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

The moment i get this i will become a recluse and do nothing but play wipeout lets hope it supports network play!

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Wip3ou7pure

Where are you guys seeing pulse for ps2? I checked EB Games website and they have no listing for it

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

There's a link two pages back that points to a pre-sale for Pulse. But that's in New Zealand.

Additionally, Infox has hinted that there is going to be a PS2 conversion.

However, SCEA has not said anything (surprise!) about it yet. But they'll have to pick it up. They must.

the lack of any news is odd, i'd like to take the oportunity to post a polite request to anyone from studio liverpool to perhaps give us a bit of news or hint about the port. if you guys can't comment fair enough, i can wait

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

here's hoping SL actually have plans for a PS2 release...*fingers crossed and closes eye*

here's also hoping that it's not just a port of Pulse...cause wouldn't that just steal PSP sales??? why not even make it a hybrid of Pulse and Pure??? ay??? ay???

PSN ID
    sakerbax

actually i think a port would be better, imagine if the online games were compatible between consoles that would bring some life back to online games, and it would be fun to see if the ps2 version could get better times

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

And imagine a version with packs already included.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

It makes sense to bring out a ps2 version, with loads of them still selling in developing nations which dont really have the PSP or do but just hard to get hold of.

Also, remember Sony saying they're now targeting the latin and south american audience/market?

the best piece of news would be confirmation of the port with all dlc and that it is in fact a bundle of wipeout pure and pulse...i would be so happy if they did that!

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    leungbok - BADTEST

To recap : a mix pulse/pure, an online mode compatible psp, all packs included. Sure, it would wait Hd easier

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

definitely
    ( or maybe you just need to clean the dust from your ol'good ps and play some amazing old wipeouts ( negcon required to even not notice there's 2 new wipeout already released ( pulse ps2 and HD)...oh shiiiite we are in 2009 ! time flies ))

if they do include the dlc packs, wonder how they'd do it. perhaps one of two ways, either all there from the start or you unlock one grid (thats what the honeycomb thingies were called wasn't it) and one ship every time you complete so many of the regular grids. either way i'd be fine with them been in it.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I keep getting the feeling that I heard they are including the packs, besides it makes no sense not to.

PSN ID
    NFNiTM

For some reason i dont think this will actually come to fruition.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

i think that if they do include the packs and pure stuff we can pretty much say bye bye to psp/ps2 online matches..

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

nah cause pulse doesnt let you play online with any DLC, as a way to even it out for people who may not have it.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It's just the tracks you can play online.

PSN ID
    sakerbax

what i mean is if they simply port the game as it is then the compability might not be an issue but if they tweak the game include pure tracks ships etc then i doubt they'll spend more time/money making sure some of the ships and tracks are compatible with psp..

i think it will be a direct port, probably with no online play. if it does feature online play i seriously doubt it will be compatible with the psp version...due to the technical stuff behind doing that. i may be completely wrong, but that's just a guess. i'd actually prefer it if they added split screen mode instead. with online, it depends on internet connections and servers that may not exist in 2 years, whereas split screen is always there and always available.