Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse on PS2 now official!

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

It may be a port-over, but it's long overdue that a Wipeout game is available on a normal console.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    AG-Wolf

Pure probably sold so well because it was a launch title for the PSP; by the time Pulse came out, people lost interest... that, and Pulse is terrible in comparison

Hopefully the PS2 version of Pulse will be compatible with HDloader, because i'm not wasting my PS2's laser's life any more than I have to.

They didn't advertise it at all, very poor. It could easily have sold more if some sort of advertising occured.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

so er...any news on when Pusle gets released for the PS2? Don't really have time to look through the history of this thread...at work at the moment and have to keep things brief...

September 3rd was the date quoted in the rumours, but I guess it`s all rumours at the moment.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Asayyeah -OFW-

We discussed a lot about that topic : Why not a port of Pure or Pulse on ps2, it was months ago, i was pretty desesperated not understanding obscures marketing plan of SCEE concerning Wipeout franchise. Hopefully they think of Pulse's port for a release date around early september : fine with me but please invest in a decent campaign of commercials to let people knows that game is existing. And not only thinking the hundred million of ps2 owners will be enough to plan maximum sales...

I ll buy one NTSC Pulse to fit with my slim ntsc ps2 and be very happy that game will be released soon : please SL ask Namco to let you use the Negcon code and spend a bit more time adjusting it for ps2 Pulse : that would be awesome. You can do it : it worths

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

If I bought this, will it work on my PS3 thats what I want to know.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    blinky77

Not immediately. Probably within the next software update.

I imagine there's some chance of online play; admittedly I haven't checked recent releases, but a lot of PS2 games that included it seemed to be being released prior to the PS3 coming out.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

A lot of games have online play on PS2, the name wasn't established as PSN though at the time and it also wasn't a unified service like it is now. I doubt PULSE on PS2 would have no online.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I thought the PS2 simply couldn't play games online anymore since it's not set up for the PSN?

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

Oh, I play Battlefeild 2 modern combat on mine all the time. Hardware: online arena works as well as many others.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Ooohh so I wonder the reason for no online will be then.

Timezone
    GMT + 9
    PSN ID
    Heian_Xavier

Being able to use the NeGcon on the pS2 would be amazing!

They still haven't released the Japanese version yet, so maybe that edition might have the bonus material included. I don't know anyone who buys games online in Japan; there's already a thriving used game market and I can't see people paying for something that they can never sell. Let's hope that at least one market gets the full proper treatment.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    TheFrostE

are there really going to be a lot of non collectors playing this game, especially with HD around the corner, or if you have it for PSP?

actually maybe if you dont have a ps3 yet...buttttt i dunno, it better not be more than 30 $ for the sakes of you guys that are going to buy it

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

The PS2 is near the end of its lifespan but it has a HUGE installed user base, and until very recently, had the best software sales amongst the "Playstation Family," as Sony likes to call it

Since porting Wipeout Pulse to the PS2 is presumably a fairly quick and easy job, Sony is probably just hoping that the sales are worth the effort at this point. Certainly Wipeout Pulse was a game that undersold, given its merits.

BTW, we still don't REALLY have official word from Sony about a PS2 port, right?

I wouldn't presume that back-porting to an old console would be easy.

Timezone
    GMT -6

Lance, from what I understand, the PSP and PS2 are very similar in power and architecture. A port should not be difficult. The graphics and effects might take a hit but the framerate and gameplay should be similar.

I just hope Pulse gets a release in the States for PS2. Considering how poorly it sold on PSP here.

I don't think that they are similar in architecture. And I think that their near-equivalence in power is achieved in different ways. Aaaaaand I don't think that modification of software even on the same machine is ever really simple. This is all, of course, just my partially informed opinion.

PSN ID
    infoxicated

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent_VII View Post
    A port should not be difficult.
    Lets hope not - SL only had two people on it, and one of them is Welsh!