Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    sausehuhn

You forgot something: it's not Pure!!

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

lol yes theres also that small issue.

i can live without most of those things, except custom soundtrack as playing cold storage while racing pulse was awesome.

but so many people won't have a ps3, whereas so many own a ps2. whoever made this call deserves a handshake, it's a great idea and something people who enjoy wipeout on consoles will be grateful for, especially if they don't have a ps3/can't afford one yet.

there's no real downside.

september will be fun.

As RR says [more or less ], neGcon support is so statistically unlikely to occur that I say with considerable confidence that it just ain't gonna happen.

But having the game on the PS2 will be so cool that I will actually buy a PS2 at my first financially viable opportunity.

Great news that, Lance, get you back on the track

The chances of racing you online are low, I`d think. I played PS2 PES 2008 online not too long ago, and there were around 100,000 players ranked (not going to reveal mine) so I think PS2 online play might just still be possible, but whether it would be considered worthwhile for Sony is another issue.

My former neighbor had one of the little slim PS2s; it sat on the bottom shelf of a black-painted shelf unit in a dark room. Finding those tiny little buttons on the front of it was more time-consuming than necessary.

I want one of the big consoles, something more manly; that's not afraid to have big buttons and to use more POWER.

Something with a Pulse.

Timezone
    GMT -8
    PSN ID
    specialDFX

Wonder how they'll handle graphics? Pulse is a pretty game, but I wonder if it'll be upgraded/upscaled.

Online play on PS3 a possibility?

I can almost guarantee online play on PS2 won't happen.

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

What are the chances that they could bundle wipeout pure and wipeout pulse into one disc?
    A DVD could definitely handle it.
    Never going to happen regardless of space though

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    I want one of the big consoles, something more manly; that's not afraid to have big buttons and to use more POWER.

You might know this, but if you get a fatty PS2 make sure you see it load a few different games a few times. Mine would load some games and not others before I gave up with it. A lot of the older ones have issues which I think are down to unreliable lasers, though they sure are big manly lasers when they work.

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

the same happened to me, and i was obliged to get a slim ps2 just to play gt4 and the old games..

PSN ID
    humangoogle -OFW-

strange, my manly PS2 plays Gran Tourismo 4 perfectly, I've never had problems (the network adapter I've got sticking out the back was the best £17 I have ever spent, EVER.)

Let's not get distracted from the actual topic. It might be a good idea to have a topic of advice on how to buy used gaming equipment, issues that the old consoles have that should be watched for, etc. I may start one later today, but right now, I don't have time to pick out such posts from this thread and put them into a new one, which might be the best way to start it

And now, back to Pulse on PS2>

PSN ID
    ummagumma88 /feel free to add me

it was just a lens problem, maybe just caused by dust.. I'm not the only person I know whose ps2 ceased to read movie-dvd, games on cd rom, high-storage- capacity-dvd (such as gt4) and old psone games. the best issue at the time was to get a brand new console.. (not to mention that I've preowned gt4 six months before the release date, and finally I was not able to play it!!)

Edit: sorry lance, we posted at the same time..
    Last edited by blixabargeld; 9th May 2008 at 05:27 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 12

Wow....i disappear for a few months and look what happens!

It seems everyone is up in arms about pulse...ill leave it there, im afraid saying anything will start everyone on a huge rant..

I think a pulse port to PS2 is a good idea, it will bring the game out of its handhold-ey limitations. Personally, i dont like the PSP in terms of comfort - i prefer using an analog stick over a d-pad but the 'nub' the PSP features is too awkward for me to use well, so the ability to use a real stick is a big thumbs up for me.

On the other hand, all these so called flaws everyone is so brushed-up-the-wrong-way about might become more apparent. Ill leave it there - i dont want to kick up dust where it isnt welcome.

Timezone
    GMT + 1

Last year I traded my manly ps2 for a N64 with Wipeout. My ps2 was so old and bad, it didn't play any game after gt3, no dvd's and Fusion was not worthy enough to keep my ps2.

Now, that I hear that Pulse is coming to ps2 I might even buy another ps2 again. Maybe play some Fusion again, I said maybe, lol. But I will certainly play SSX tricky again and Timesplitters.

Pulse on ps2 will be selling very good I think, only because there are so many ps2's in the world. That is the sole reason Pulse is going to ps2. Evolutionary wise in controls, Pulse on ps2 will fall in between the ps1 NeGcon and the ps3 sixaxis. So we will get a game without a good controller support. I wonder if we even get the possibility to link our ps2's? I really hope ps2 pulse will get online support too, even if it means it can't communicate with psp. The online lounge will be much more filled.

I hope Wipeoutzone will support recordtables for Pulse ps2!

All in all I think Pulse coming to ps2 is cool, the ps2 deserves another Wipeout version. But why not Pure?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Ice View Post
    But I will certainly play SSX tricky again and Timesplitters.
    When I got my not back-compatible PS3, I kept my slim PS2 incase I should ever need it again, and SSX Tricky was the only PS2 game I didn`t want to sell. The inferior 3rd installment with "Radio Big" went on Ebay. I just couldn`t sell Tricky; I love it too much. When I finally make it to a Wipeout gathering I will be hoping for a split screen Garibaldi challenge....

I did keep Fusion too, though not because I love it of course. It`s great that the PS2 will finally get a good Wipeout.

I hope Wipeoutzone will support recordtables for Pulse ps2!
    me too! I guess as you say the control will be limited to Dualshock 2`s, but at least that will be the same for all.

I think link cables would be a great idea, but I`m not sure that Slims can link, they may be more anti-social than Fatties. I`m not sure about that. I think split screen would be amazing too. Motorstorm 2 is going to have 4-player split screen so maybe this will bring it back into fashion, and if there`s no online play it would be great to have some form of multiplayer if possible.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Frances_Penfold --ofw--

But why not Pure?
    Maybe because Pure's sales were very good (>1 million units worldwide) but Pulse tanked

I agree with others in this thread, the only reason we may be getting Pulse PS2 is because it's a quality game (we may debate its merits but it's clearly several steps above the typical PSP game) that undersold on the PSP. The PS2 has a broader install base, is not so broadly pirated and is straightforward to port to from the PSP-- no doubt Sony's hope is to recover some lost revenue.

Not that this still isn't good news for us I'm just doubtful about the efforts that will be made to optimize the game for the PS2 (alternate controller support, online, etc.) Hopefully I am wrong about this though!

Timezone
    GMT + 1

You are on Lunar! Garibaldi on it's way. So my friend I will finally meet you next year, lol. Germany will be the country then, around this time of year in may! E.W.C. 2009; I will bring a PS2, two TV's, PULSE FOR PS2 (isn't it great that this psp game is coming out on the ps2!!?), and SSX Tricky of course.

Greetz Mad-Ice

Another nice thing about a PS2 version is that there's no mucking about with the firmware.

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

I can't help but feel this way, I mean wheres my job at Sony towers? This thread shouldn't be like this, it should be Pulse on PSP now official.

Who made the decision to put Pulse on PSP and not PS2 anyway? I think someone thought they could milk a lot of extra money out of players by putting it on PSP so they could offer extra content not realizing they could have made a bomb (neeh neeh boom) in the first place if it was on the PS2.

I didn't realize Pulse "Tanked" I thought it did ok, can't expect it to be like Pures sales can we? What does it bring to the table that Pure didn't have already, other than infrastructure which would have been better on a console!