Thread: HD...how do you handle velocity???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    cybrpnk

Default HD...how do you handle velocity???

Recently decided that I have to have GT5 Prologue...and then I decided that I wouldn't do it justice if I didn't buy the Logitech Driving Force Pro too. After a few playthroughs...I decided to hook it up to the PS2 and fire up GT4 (which I have been playing like torture purely with a Dual Shock 2)... Came to realise that Logitech's force feedback steering wheel technology is actually extremely robust and fun...

How does this apply to HD???

Well, come launch day, I'm gonna give the wheel a whirl with HD...anyone know if this is gonna work??? Anyone tried it before and would recommend it??? I think there is potential...

Anyway, how is everyone here going to be piloting their craft when HD finally lands???

SixAxis???

Digital???

Analogue???

Dual Shock 3???

Logitech Driving Force EX???

Logitech Driving Force Pro???

the new G25???

some kinda hybrid wireless NegCon / Wii / Siaxaxis controller you whipped up out of your bu...

Timezone
    GMT + 10
    PSN ID
    radiumx

It'll take too long to turn the wheel lock to lock in order to be competitive if you are using the Driving Force. Me? I'm gonna be using the SIXAXIS d pad or analog, and giving motion sensing a go too.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

I used to play 2097 with a MadCatz2 Steering Wheel back in the day, and it worked perfectly - so, I guess, this could work with HD also (although I don't know about the force feedback...)

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Hopefully Sony will get their finger out and release the DS3 here before the PS4 is announced I mean for ****s sake its a control pad, a DS2 with this motion sensing gimmick shite and its taking them forever!!

So if I can get one a DS3 and I guess I'll give the motion sensing a try to see what its like failing this my Sixaxis that came packaged with the console, in which case I most certainly will not bother even trying the motion sensing for 1 second.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Darkdrium777

I will be using Dualshock 3, which I got with GT5p at BestBuy Canada for 60$ total (A controller for 20$ yes! Finally a reasonable price. 55$ for the DS3 is just too much IMHO.)
    I will also try motion sensing, since it is the new thing in the game and the guys at 1Up said it actually worked pretty well. Also the Dualshock 3 will be good since it will vibrate when pitch is incorrect (1Up said it again) so I will be able to correct with motion sensing pitch control.

Timezone
    GMT -6
    PSN ID
    taqili

I'mma do the motion controls, because I like the feeling of being incredibly frustrated and angry.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    eLhabib

HAHAHAHA

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Paradoxx

Digital !

PSN ID
    rushinmonkey

have my dual shock(s) on order. will def give the motion controls a go after watching the 1UP videos. that guy seemed quite sincere that they were great after a lot of practice.

Not entirely convinced, mostly because I rarely play games holding a controller level, or anything like level. we will see, and if not analogue certainly. digital is reserved only for tekken/soul calibur these days

Timezone
    GMT + 12
    PSN ID
    NZLion

Quote Originally Posted by rushin View Post
    I rarely play games holding a controller level, or anything like level.
    this is yet another problem I have with the sixaxis motion sensor. I have a fairly consistent angle at which I hold the controller, and it's nowhere near what games view as flat. I would like there to be a calibration option somewhere (I think in the XMB would make the most sense) so a new zero point could be set.
    some third-party controllers offer this facility (specifically the splitfish fragfx) via their own internal logic

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Squallie

If you use the motion sensor in GTA IV you can turn on auto calibrate, and that means whenever you enter a vehicle the current position of the dualshock will be "flat".

PSN ID
    Rapier_Racer -OFW-

Yeah but then if you use the sticks theres no need for any of that

Now don't get me wrong I think using motion sensing to control Pitch in HD would be great IF it responds OK, but I don't see the point of using it in GTA in place of normal controls.

Timezone
    GMT -5
    PSN ID
    Rubix42

I plan on using the DS3 for now.

At some point, I'd like to see a dual flight stick set up. Something akin to a arcade stick, but with all the buttons built into the joysticks like a fighter jet. Allowing us to never have to move a finger when pressing a button, and a nice ability to gently adjust pitch and yaw with the lengthened joystick.
    Last edited by Rubix42; 1st May 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Timezone
    GMT + 1
    PSN ID
    Schumi_77

As every other games on the PS3, i'll play with Dual Shock 3 (purchase from japan through eBay's stores and cheaper than the sixaxis) handling with the analog controller.

Hopping to feel the vibrations ... ^_~
    Last edited by Sch@dows; 25th July 2008 at 08:40 AM.