Definitely.

I've been trying to get good at Pulse, and I've managed to get solid gold up to Phantom (wow, did that take more practice than I expected!), but I just can't find the motivation to really tackle it.

Pulse has lots of great features. The sheer number of tracks is literally overwhelming, the number of race modes is refreshing, the way you can fly any craft you choose and still manage record times (or as close to as you'll manage with any other ship!), so many excellent concepts are embedded in this game.

But I still can't get into it. The download packs definitely helped, flying Icaras is always an experience well worth the time, but the game itself is simply not gripping. It doesn't have the handling, the feeling of really piloting an AG racecraft that I'm looking for.

Pure OTOH?

While playing some multiplayer over the weekend we switched from Pulse to Pure because we agreed it was more fun. Getting back at it I was earning record times all over the place. Entering those times in today I thought to myself "I should probably take a good ship into SR and take a couple minutes to really try for some records. That way when I get a multiplayer record I'll know it's actually worth something and not just telling of how long it's been since I last played this track at this speed". An hour later, Alpha at Vector was done and I wanted to play more but I had to go.

Pure, I keep wanting to go back to. Pulse... not so much.

I think Pure might be my 3rd (maybe even 2nd!) favourite WO, but I know for certain that Pulse is my 2nd least favourite. It's definitely better than Fusion, but I can't rank it above anything else.