Thread: WipeOut Pure is better than WipeOut Pulse

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PSN ID
    MrSmadSmartAlex

Quote Originally Posted by applepiejr View Post
    only tracks that have serious glitches would be objectively bad? no thats not true at all.
    It's absolutely true.

what is the purpose of the bridge in Outpost 7? its supposed to be a shortcut but you don't really save time on it, do you? i find on anything but Venom its not worth going on.
    The bridge does kind of suck (except on Venom... which means it's not an objective flaw), yes, but it hardly ruins the entire track, because you can simply not go on it. And even with that flaw, O7 is still way better than boring Moa Therma.

vague? i didn't think i needed to be descriptive for something obvious. De Konstruct is a mess visually speaking. there is junk all over the background, which makes navigating the track confusing. and ultimately feels claustrophobic. it has good ideas, looking at other racers above you was obviously the main intent of the track, but the rest of it is cluttered junk visually speaking.

and the split on the Black run. really, you can't think of a better application of a mag strip split? there are so many more creative ways. and thats a fundamental problem i have with some of the tracks. they lack creativity.
    Well that's just your perception. It's not obvious, because I never found it confusing at all. The White run is one of the simplest tracks in the game, but still has a few interesting corners and barrel rolls. The Black run is quite tricky, but well designed. What's wrong with the split? The use of the magstrip is simple and effective - you either use it to go low or stay off it to go high, and it wasn't clear which was actually faster for quite a long time, which is great (in the end it turned out that you can swerve off the magstrip at the right moment to start a high risk barrel roll chain on the top section). Compare it to Moa Therma, which you've praised for its effective use of magstrips - well what effect do those magstrips actually have? A big loop that doesn't serve any real purpose in terms of gameplay (even less than the bridge in Outpost 7).

@Al
    Barrel rolls get less responsive when the CPU is struggling, but I find they're still possible on ofw with other ships onscreen, you just need to start the motion earlier (sometimes just before you've actually left the ground! ). But yeah, the emulator lets you set the clock speed higher than 333MHz. Not tried that for myself yet, but if it works, you can probably get constant 60fps.
    Last edited by MrSmadSmartAlex; 23rd July 2016 at 11:38 AM.